GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There's nothing to understand in anything that you write. Bolded the key parts for those who have any doubts about this.

2. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    the 980ti has 6GB too and it works very well on that

3. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    With ROTR dx12 is better for a gtx 980 ti.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'll probably wait for the next driver as I only had a dx error once in the beta of Battlefield 1, and I can still keep my SLI support.
    Why should I install a 'game ready' driver that kills off my performance? :rolleyes:

5. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    Rise of the Robots..?

6. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    well then the rx480 4GB is not having those issues, and within the the 1060 and the 980ti the framebuffer is the same (is a lot slower doe)so you can't say it's getting low of vram the correct answer is that he's getting a bus bottleneck, 192 bit -192GB/s for that kind of high texture streaming is very low and rottr in dx12 is not well optimized to handle that kind of situations like dx11 mode does. Since the game works fine in DX11 max settings even with 4GB cards.Apparently this game dx12 mode only loves high end tier gpus.

7. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Apparently it works just putting sli bits in this driver.

8. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    ikr, i still don't understand why people chase it like it's a gamechanger, i even read a lot of people in steam forums refunding the game just cuz the gamedin't run well in dx12, or some people telling other that they should change their gpu to one that works well with rottr in dx12 mode.

And even i found a post saying Async Shading make the game looks better :wanker::wanker: http://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/365163537816427730/

O this bois and their async, it's funny make them rage doe,

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Question is, would it bring any real benefits except additional work required on my side, and bringing in another source for potentional bugs? ;)
    Might give this a try and use the BF4 bits (I guess those are the ones you meant?), but I guess it won't change much to the better.

10. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I don't use sli but I understand they have been the same for several iterations of bf including at least bf4 and bf3. 'Not much better'? well it will give you sli support which you were complaining about the lack of.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Twice yesterday got 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered' so went back to 368.81. Funny enough, got same error on 368.81 today. Wondering if its the latest windows 10 cumulative update ( KB3176938) that has something to do with it.

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    seriously is not driver issue but also not the windows update issue too.

mostly likely your OS. try to clean install whole OS.

14. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Bit overkill to suggest that based on the information given...

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    if clean OS can resolve, then change PSU. mostly likely user or hardware issue.

go try ask jayztwocents or linustechtips. both will said no issue too.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

16. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Drivers are working great, all games seem to run fine. Getting a bit of judder when opening the Start Menu on Windows 10 1607 with these on both a 980Ti and 860m system. Funny look for WHQL. :p

17. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    I had that until my first reboot. Hasn't happened since. Same OS/Video.

18. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Have rebooted several times, but still seeing it. Fresh install lessened the slight lag, but I can still see a small hesitation on both machines. Oh well, everything else is fine.

Guessing it could be the live tiles/number of tiles I have on my Start Menu.

EDIT: Opening and closing the Start Menu a dozen times makes it smoother after the first two, I think it is due to the idle state of my videocard. It runs at around 100Mhz while idling, starting to open and close brings it to 700Mhz-1Ghz then it smooths out. Working as intended I believe, that's good.

19. gyigyo

gyigyo Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    Aye, With Tomb Raider DX11 maxed out with SSAA2X and VXAO I can reach 40fps-45 average, so the gtx 1060 is great for this game you don't need gtx980 ti or other faster card, but dx12 is a piece of **** in this game with the same setup I got 10fps less, while quantum break and forza apex is working normal with maxed out. In some other thread people have issues with AMD radeon cards too in Tomb Raider with dx12 AMD users got less fps with dx12.

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    disable SSAA to get better fps. when u gain some, then u lose some.