GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    I see where you're coming from but I can restore an image of my PC with Macrium Reflect and be running again within 2 minutes and 100% stable.

368.69 are the drivers I installed when my 1070 card arrived early July and I have a 100% stable machine, never crashes, no glitches and I play:
    Tomb Raider
    R6 Siege
    Project Cars
    The Golf Club
    Worms WMD
    Rocket League
    Battlefield 1 beta

All of these in 4K with no stability issues so I'm still putting this down to the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

What I'm going to do when I have more time is do a fresh Win10 Anniversary install and see if these latest drivers will just install on a completely clean Windows 10.

It's just bizarre how I can have such a stable gaming machine on the current drivers but can't get any new drivers on since that Anniversary update arrived.

Thanks guys

2. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    i donĀ“t know haha but probably more because using ssaa2x my performance are better with 368.81 than 372.54 and 372.70

i see another thing here... very high is not maxed out... shadows and sun reflection are reduced... so i test again with very high preset like guru3d review and now make 141fps in general result

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I had this problem. And what alleviated it for the most part was reducing shadows and shadow distance to medium. I'd be tooling along solid 60+ FPS and like you all of a sudden it was almost like Borderlands 2 in heavy PhysX scenes. I run pretty much every other setting at ultra at 1440p.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks, I'll try it now.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Meow, computer froze while playing WoW...not sure if driver related just yet.

Aha, i see. Sorry to hear about it.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, I got this early today, I kept hitting "go online" and it worked.
    If you check forums, many users have this error.

Someone said to run as administrator (checkmark in properties), guess it can't hurt to set it.

7. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

My current build is on a fresh install as the update actually caused an infinite boot loop after trying to update. If your on SSD's in raid, for some reason the update likes to put a monkey wrench in your bootldr. A fresh install and latest driver install would most likely work without issue. I hear cortana is messing things up with all of her updates into the ntfs filing system. she's handy but her library's aren't quite polished yet.

8. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Great, because I am having no problem trace routing to ea servers.. That might do something with how wonky everything is these days.:stewpid:

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I take it that you are running DDU in safe mode as supposed?
    Try to disconnect your PC from the network before the reboot you make to install the driver, even if DDU should prevent WU from trying to install a driver it's not always working as intended.
    Although, installing on top of the old driver with the "Clean" option checked should work in most cases too.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yeh, there servers are down for both BF1 and BF4, can't connect to either, can't even log in to EA.
    Hopefully they fix it, these things generally get fixed in few hrs max.

Though I had this issue about 5 hrs ago, random disconnects in BF1

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The only way to not produce new driver branches is to never ever release a new driver again.

Impossible. Siriq already told us that this driver is crap and we all should avoid it because he has 100 fps in BF1 beta on GTX570 which doesn't support DX12.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    The NVCP opens for me in a second, last I was in global settings of manage 3d apps.
    clicking the programs tabs brings games up in a few seconds.

That's with 970, I doubt that maters and probably matters how many games are installed as it has to search through them I guess.

13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Installed yesterday and played about 3 hours of The Witcher 3. No issues, I could see, and felt smooth, like all the other drivers I have installed this year.

I know not much help, I have Windows 10 AE, single monitor.

Specs in sig.

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Lol, you can't even understand what i wrote. :D
    I never ever mentioned i use this driver :D Acually i use a different one :D
    I use GTX 580 :D
    Yup, this driver is crap. I do have have around 80-100+ fps and still no DX 12 driver to fermi. :D http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5328875&postcount=262

Help you bro: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5328566&postcount=101

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5328742&postcount=125

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Khronikos

What's your problem here? This thread is about reporting driver issues.. No one is asking for your approval if its user fault or not.

16. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    He doesn't like when someone is writing such a thing about nvidia or willing to write about the driver quality and so on.

17. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I'm getting the same thing, I thought there was something wrong with my machine at first, so I removed my OC, but it still did it.
    Not to mention the CTD (did a clean reinstall of FO4 no mods) where no other games have any problems.

Only thing that has changed is I installed this driver, did a few hours stint of GTA V before I installed it with no crashes etc.

18. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
  19. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    thanks my friend best driver at moment is 368.69 :)

20. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I'm curious can it be installed on Windows 10 Anniversary, or are we stuck with the newer drivers.
    I just updated.