GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    you saying about these test? http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_review,13.html

well on 1920x1080 on fxaa i do 138fps in general result

with ssaa2x i do exactly 90fps now with 372.70 like test in 2560x1440 but i do 92fps before with 372.54

and no overclocking on mine gtx 1080

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Its with SLI only Netherwind.
    With single GPU we dont have this.

A statement from Manuel G btw he sended this to me today.

Hey Manuel i thought this bug was fixed with this latest nvidia driver 372.70 it still shows incorrect vram sueage when SLI is enabled i even have this now with older drivers, when does this get fixed or is it a issue on my side ? please response as soon as possible thank u.
    5930k // MSI Godlike // Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 2133 // MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X SLI // Corsair AX 1500 watt // Crucial M5 480 GB // SoundBlaster X7 // Samsung S27A950D //Thermaltake Core V71 // Windows 10 Pro

Posted 22 hours ago***

ManuelGuzman
    We are still looking into this. This is not specific to your system.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Do you have V-Sync enabled in DOOM?

Someone else reported they have the same issue with DOOM Vulkan as well and their fix was to disable V-Sync. I have V-Sync enabled because I don't have a G-Sync display and cannot abide screen tearing. Fact is for me DOOM Vulkan compared with DOOM OpenGL when using the same V-Synced settings.

Just because you don't have the issue doesn't mean no-one else does! I cannot believe you even said that given how complex and varied PC setups are. Sure, I accept that the issue could be isolated to, say, the GTX 1080 but I never claimed otherwise. I was just reporting that Vulkan still offers inferior performance compared to OpenGL on my PC.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The Crew crashing on startup had nothing to do with SLI, and this was actually a bug that came up in a driver some versions before the last one that had the issue.
    Nvidia did acknowledge and fix it too.

Apart from that, Darren is correct about sub branching, that is how almost every software house does their coding.
    Sorry to say so, but Nvidia has a record in merging back bugged code into their main branch.
    There is a higher chance to win the national lottery than creating the same bug over and over, so it is definitely added back with a merge, which is pretty common when no once looks over every single detail that each change-set edits beside leaving out proper comments when adding changes.

This driver might work out for the games you, others and I play, but we can't say anything around how it works out with games that we don't play.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Wow! You really do have a holier-than-thou attitude there! Seriously, get over yourself! :3eyes:

I simply expressed an opinion on here about how I view driver development. I never stated it as fact and I certainly did not expect to get chided over it. This is a forum where people are perfectly entitled to express their views (right or wrong) and without having to understand the intricacies of programming. If you don't like it then please ignore my posts; I will certainly be doing the same for yours from now on! ;)

The fact is that I play a LOT of games, as many as 50-70 at a time (I currently have over 800 installed) so there is a higher tendency for me to come across these driver bugs. For example, a few months ago I replayed the first F.E.A.R. game only to discover that NVIDIA had broken shadows which they later fixed in an updated driver.

6. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Here is my opinion on where this thread has gone..
    1.) I can't believe we are still at a time in PC gaming, where we still need to update drivers so often!! And with all the complaining and level of complaint, all the HW manufacturers have done here, was give us more drivers to fool around with, too eek out performance?! At who knows what cost to the other games in a large vast library! Back in the IRC, AOL days, It used to be the other way around, cool graphic card comes out, Like a voodoo banshee or something, and all the software manufacturers would tailor the game to the hardware with an update. Viola. Done son. Quake on! Now, its the other way around, and we are at the point in PC gaming where there is problematic scenarios between hardware vendor, and various specific game companies, and idiotic patching at the hardware side of the game code? Between them all, are we really gaining ground here? IMO, NO WE ARE NOT. Give the damn gaming companies some gear and let them tweak THIER game, to ALL popular hardware gear, as well as a baseline standard any other hardware manufacturer can get in on to grow competition fairly.

2.)In my 15 years of being an CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Net+, A+, Security+, SQL, Exchange, and a bunch of other major geeking bio/history as well as Cpl. in the ARMY, I have NEVER seen the ridiculous level of Trolling, and cry baby horse**** I have practically considered as SPAM in the majority of Forums I enter. It used to be a place of resolution, theoretical banter, and a results driven compass to all things compute. But alas the glory days may have either passed, or at some weird almost compelling corporate ****wad way, noticeably MARKS the engagement of the level of support dwindling the trolling never died off but rather multiplied even harder. Pretty Lame IMHO. Had to say it, you guys look and sound like midget wankers.

3.) It's true Nvidia, and AMD driver support for maximum functionality of all the various software libraries and new and upcoming titles that add to it, is losing the battle because the software guys who make ridiculous money that really doesn't have to be recycled to new and upcoming hardware R&D are claiming loss in sales, and rejoice in the fact that they no longer have to develop and support titles to specific hardware no matter how popular the notion is, but rather to a baseline standard that is gross. Or pay us and we will tailor code to ONE manufacturers gear. Any game tailored to just ONE specific type of hardware is lame and THANK GOD for DX12 trying to push a way of PC gaming that enables cross hardware platform functionality and machine level delivery. The whole thing is a mess and really just blaming one manufacturer for the whole problem is not comprehensively astute, its almost asinine.

Rant over, you may now conduct your business in a normal ordinary fashion if you want, if anyone is to blame, its the damn number crunching bean counters who created these issues as a way to engage in surplus and marketing. That is all.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
  7. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMIN
    Could someone please tell me what game this is from..thank you

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    a tiny latencymon test
    [​IMG]

9. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

That is the new Deus EX mankind game.

10. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMIN
    Thank you!

11. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

BTW, this driver for some odd reason gave me 20 more fps at 8k resolution to a now minimum of 187 fps with the gtx 1080 all settings maxed on Serious Sam HD. Off to play the newly installed BF1, will post results later.

12. Vegtro

Vegtro Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

EDIT: ^^As already posted.

13. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    I've got the same problem I had with the 372.54's...

[​IMG]

No idea why these latest drivers fail, this is from uninstalling, running DDU in safe mode, tried everything.

Any suggestions how I get these drivers on please?

14. aggregatebuzz

aggregatebuzz Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX1080Ti FE
    try doing the update driver from the device manager applet your in,than do an Nvidia update

15. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Power down, ground yourself,remove then re-seat card firmly, check power connections, Boot system, re-install.

16. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Well, If they are fine for you then they must be fine for us all. We all clearly have inferior setups and knowledge.

IF someone could pass on a message to Nvidia to just stop right there, halt everything. These drivers work fine for this guy so I see no need to carry on.

18. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Thanks, I've tried updating the driver from device manager and pointing towards the Nvidia driver extract folder, also tried running the installer a 2nd time - good suggestions though!

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Getting a weird bug in FO4, the game slows down to a slideshow after a while and traveling to a new area temporarily fixes it.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What do you get with older 368.81 at default v.high, same 138fps?