GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Khronikos NVCP no delay? can u prove it? thanks.

2. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have tried BF1 with gtx 580. Runs smooth, FPS is around 80-100+ . Sometimes does crash but it is beta. We had the same thing in BF4 and so on.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    FYI.. im pretty sure FEAR shadow bug is due to the latest fear patch. If you dont play mp, then reverting fixes it.

I wasnt aware that every time we logged in at G3D you received a hardware report from our pcs.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    So what ? We don't code drivers, we are not Nvidia, and ? As a customer, I'm paying for a product, if Nvidia fails to support it whether I have a clue in programming or not has NOTHING to do with the issue.
    If it works fine on your "high-end PSU, high-end component, and perfect overclock" then good for you. As you seems to know A LOT in coding and drivers, you should know that a good driver on YOUR machine is not necessary properly working on OTHERS machines... So no need to be so condescending with us, poor non coders that don't understand "millions of lines of code".

"While hotfixes are doable there has to be a big reason for one. They take a lot of extra work as they have said." Yes, work, that's exactly why nvidia dev are paid for : to work on product support for their clients. I don't see any issue there. If you introduced bug in your driver, solve it. That's it. Never argued on the difficulty to fix it, that's just their job !

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    One problem I have found with this driver set is that if I have twitch streams open on both monitors then one of the streams will flash between the stream and a red box, quite irritating.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Typical usage of branches is this:
    - there is main branch usually called "trunk"; developers work with it;
    - at release time a special release branch is cloned from the trunk to be deployed to customers;
    - if completely new feature is about to be implemented then special feature branch is cloned from the trunk, and after the feature is implemented and tested this special branch is merged back into the trunk.

You can see that there is no "new" branches where code is written from the scratch.

And of course company can change numbers in branch names whatever they want.

Edit: There is no concrete standard to dictate the code repository usage. Company can use repository as it wants. There is no point in assuming any scheme NV uses.

7. ai-man

ai-man Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080 Strix
    Guys, only the Nvidia driver team is allowed to be critical about these drivers.... Coz they know how it all works, proper like. The rest of us should go learn how to build pc's coz we are dumb.

Awesome...

8. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    BF$ was worse. Game crashed and had 100% cpu usage even with high end cpu you had 100% usage.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This is interesting. I've checked this and it works on my end.
    I've had the same error as you do...but I cannot remember how I got it. It was possible to reproduce it, that much I know. Something with altering MSI AB and not restarting the program while on the same time have a game running in the background.

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yes, but how do they know it's the driver that's causing these issues? That's what we're saying.. They just automatically blame the driver for every problem.

One guy in this thread already implied that he correlates overclocking potential with driver stability :3eyes:

And most driver threads always have a few guys like that who complain that a new driver isn't allowing them to overclock their GPUs as high as the previous set and is causing black screens and freezing and all sorts of other problems..

So basically, they are blaming the driver rather than their unstable overclock..

I'm not saying Darren is one of these guys, but the fact is there are plenty of these types of dudes out there.

11. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    maybe because 99% of issues that people blame on drivers is actually down to user error, stupidity, hardware problems etc.

12. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    very good results... mine are with ssaa 2x and everything maxed out... but these drivers is not to me... witcher 3 have a huge frame drops in any battles moments never happened before... back to 372.54 and everything fine again

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's windows 10 for you :p :p :p

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I realized my system was the bottle neck when the oc on the card didn't show any gains in gaming.On a 60hz panel it became even more apparent.The system would pass a 20 run test in IBT no problem and I haven't had to touch Vtt voltage since I put this rig together in 2013.This card changed ALL of that.I thought I'd never enjoy gaming on a 60hz panel again but it changed that too.

On that note, drivers running GTA V and Witcher 3 beautifully....GTA 5 maxed except AA off (forced control panel) and grass quality on very high, no stutters or slowdowns racing around Los Santos causing mayhem, Witcher 3 maxed except AA again forced in control panel, with hair works on low + 2 aa.Need more testing to confirm but initial run was flawless.

All at native res 1080p using control panel instead of Inspector as I've noticed it's not only faster since the Win10 AU update but settings are more robust in real world applications/games.

Lastly, it could be placebo but I've also noticed if I add windows explorer to the app profiles in nv control panel and set vsync to either off or adaptive, frames are more consistent in game.Adaptive vsync works as I saw someone ask a while ago why nvidia don't support it when it's been there forever.:3eyes:

15. Nima V

Nima V Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB
    With every new driver release there are many people that have problems with them. Maybe I'm lucky because I'm a PC gamer for more than ten years and I haven't encountered a single important Issue with any driver and I always overclock my cards to the max with customized bios.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There is very noticeable flickering of smoke and ground textures but only when characters are moving in the recently released Champions of Anteria from Ubisoft. Not tried any other driver though other than these new ones since the game came out after these were released. I am playing on maxed out Ultra settings with SSAA at 2560x1440 but the issue still persists even if I lower all the settings and turn off AA, SSAO and Screen Space Reflections etc. Not sure why this issue is happening really considering how cartoony and simplistic (but still very charming a la The Settlers) the graphics are but since there's no way to workaround the issue I thought I'd report it here.

*EDIT*
    Seems that setting the game to Borderless instead of Fullscreen resolves most if not all of the flickering issues though at the cost of some performance.

17. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Weird screen flicking bug going on with these drivers... rolled back. Hope that's fixed soon. :3eyes:

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    You can drop that attitude a little, Darren is right, I've seen it too. That guy with 4x TitanX is a perfect example how they break stuff and then never fix or ignore until its getting more attention, do a workaround which sometimes is even worse.. IF that doest work they go back to that olde driver setting and try to copy it as much as possible, but 30-50% of the time its just not what it use to be.

One example Dirt2 loading crash which also affected any ego game later, it would crash by loading screen or have fps drops.. I helped them fix that bug back then as well, and few more so we know what we talk about if something is glitched, like that Survarium now or LOD filtering boost glitch:nerd:

they make a e.g. main r372_00 is main sub - 90 is sub sub branch.. r372_00-90

Usually there are a few sub sub branches if everything is "ok", if its not they go back to main 00, instead of like 69 now.. Or vise versa with another sub e.g. 80. Or drop quick and move to newer main e.g. r375, seen that too few times :D

I was just testing this setting so its more universal to compare with other charts.
    Otherwise I play at a bit higher settings, most ultra and 2xSSAA too :),

What do you get at this default v.high setting like @ guru3d benchmark? Over 133fps?

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Darren Hodgson did make a good point regarding the whole driver branching side of things, but then again I don't have any fancy hfr monitor(s) or sli and rarely run into any issues.

20. I've tested some performance again, and they seem to be exactly as fast as 372.54. 369.05 is still the fastest driver for most games.