Review: DX11 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Graphics performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2016.

1. SavagePotato

SavagePotato Guest

GPU:
    Quadro M6000
    You must be new to hardware. It makes perfect sense.

The 1070 is faster than a $999 Maxwell Titan X, and it's almost one third the price. Does that make sense to you? It should.

An RX480 is faster than a 390X yet is less exp - oh never mind. It isn't.

Well it's pretty hard to have 5 cards faster than the 980Ti without Titan X, 1080 and 1070.

Same thing with 980Ti, which now costs around $350, most people who own it won't have the reference model being tested in the reviews.

The performance landscape in this game is no different from Hitman or AotS, both games that launched with 390X matching 980Ti or slightly outperforming it. Same as here.

Incidentally, this uses Hitman's Glacier engine - modified and called Dawn.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I love it how they say the recommended gpu is a GTX 970 and RX 480. The RX 480 is a whopping 20% above the GTX 970 in this title. How is this even remotely the same for recommended settings?

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's not the first time that the recommended hardware is a political declaration, rather than a technical one.

Also we have to see the game with the DX12 patch.

4. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    I was comparing the graphics to HL2. Really don't know why it's munchin' so much HW when the visual results don't seem to be that good.

5. WarUltima

WarUltima Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 3.5gb/4gb
    Actually in 1080p full ultra
    RX480 is 30% faster than gtx970.
    RX480 is 20% faster than gtx1060.

But my gtx970 runs alright at 60 fps with medium/high mixed settings in 1080p. No idea why so many whiny little girls recently.

6. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Just fired this game up last night. I'm getting 41 fps avg @ ultra 1080p with stock clocks (MSAA off) and 48 fps avg @ v. high 1080p which I'm quite happy with, (won't stop me from tweaking things though).

Graphics wise, I'd say the game is the prettiest I've seen, I'd rank it above the likes of Witcher 3 and MGSV.
    And to those comparing graphics to DE:HR. What are you smoking and where can I get some?

7. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Pretty much. They got paid by AMD to optimize it for their laughably bad hardware and since they don't give a **** about PC gamers, ignored majority of nVidia player base. The ratings on Steam proves it.

This game looks like a slightly upgraded version of HR and looks same as COD games. Nothing amazing visually. People who think it looks "amazing" need to play more games than Mario, which I am assuming they play when not admiring MD's average graphics.

Also, I am pretty sure I will be able to run this game just fine on my factory overclocked 660Ti, since it's a console port, just like any other console port. Even ran Witcher 3 at medium-high settings at 1080p at 40-45 fps just fine.

Going to wait for 1080Ti to upgrade. Meanwhile, no need to buy broken AMD ports. Ignore them or refund and vote down the games on Steam for intentionally messing up performance on PC.

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    lol @ this "AMD GIMPED TEH GAEM SO IT RUNS BAD ON NVIDIA" attitude. absolutely pathetic.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The game has worse problems than being an AMD gaming evolved game. Go and look at the comments for the latest patch regarding this game. It's a miserable read.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVljGD-Aiw

I think this video explains really well what is going on in the game and why it might perform "bad" compared to other titles that people think look as good.

Now the game has a lot of issues else.

11. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Calm down Gal. AMD fanboys jumping around crying that nVidia sponsored games are made to work for their cards, doesn't mean everybody does the same.

Game actually being broken and taking a beating in ratings on Steam, proves that the game is just broken on majority of hardware (which, you know, is nVidia.. not AMD).

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    the only "fanboy" comment is:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5328174&postcount=128

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hey how about this, how about we all calm down.

14. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I'm liking what I am seeing there :)

People these days seem really lazy to tweak settings to get ideal performance for what their hardware can handle.

15. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    My 980 wants to kill itself. I knew it wouldn't gain as has been the trend:rpg:

16. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    I will like to have the 3440x1440p res for the benchmark.

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Shame, 480 ****s all over the 1060....

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Why would you expect differently?

19. HoT

HoT Guest

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I think ppl are expecting to see this dx12 tests with a mid range cpu ...the big advantage here is the cpu usage and how is more balanced over the cores ...just saying

20. Marios145

Marios145 Active Member

At this rate the 290/390 will reach Fury X, FFS what kind of voodoo did they use on it???