Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If Nixxies renamed those same settings and called it high and ultra, while patching out the existing ultra settings would that make you feel better?

As mentioned, it's an epeen thing.

Don't agree with the claim The Division runs poorly in comparison to this though, that's just not the case.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The cover system in Mankind Divided is similar to the one in The Division.
    It works a lot smoother and quicker now.

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Console version is on high settings, watch eurogamer comparison, it would be ridiculous to name that "ultra" setting.

4. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

thats because you are running nvidia, try running the division on AMD.

5. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Now that some have been playing this for a few days. What's the impression of the game play.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I have and it feels the same as my 980 so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Crossfire was kind of screwy at launch in terms of frametimes -- I think it's been fixed since then.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I may have missed that article, but im dubious about such a claim as consoles don't have settings profiles.

The Division runs better on AMD hardware though, my cards for example are behind yours.

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    It is roughly 30 fps at 1440p with one 290x (in game benchmark average fps with settings nvidia shadows on, and other settings turned up with temporal aa----will go even lower in game), and CFX was complete butt until just very, very, very recently. Now with cfx and using just 2 290x's at stock it is 51 fps...

I will say it is a lot better now then it was at launch though, then again deus ex just launched as well.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Don't be silly, we need another 10 pages complaining about the quality of the port and mass techniques.

I'm having fun with it, explored most of Prague now, 15 hours in and just about to go to my work

10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Thanks for that. It's nice to get some positive feedback about this game. I am wanting to pick it up shortly myself. Just wanted others opinions on it.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The game has some real series gameplay issues, I may even go as far as to say they are game breaking control input issues.

1). Press a button to take an action hold a button to do another action. Utter joke, you end up completing scenarios thinking you went through without killing people only to find that you actually killed people without noticing all because you pressed the Q button a fraction too long.

2). Unresponsive input commands, this is everywhere in the game from context menus that don;t pop up when you press them to commands in game that require you to press the command button more than once to get them to take action it makes the game feel sluggish as all hell an is really a pain in the neck when you have to do a series of tightly controlled commands to pull of a stealth move.

3). Love this one, easily the best so far. Save the game in a hidden position before tackling a tricky series of enemies, yup so that I can save scum a better route through the scenario if I need be. Load up a game to be told to press space to continue only to find that the space command carries over in to the game and Jenson is now running out of his cover in full view of the enemy.

Utter utter joke, the game has so much to offer and is utterly ruined by the questionable lack luster command interface I've never played a game in which I have to question weather my button presses will actually result in the action that I want, assuming that they result in any action at all.

Other annoying factors, weapon zoom that doesn't zoom in on the reticle location, it always seems to zoom to an offset position (another control interface issue?)

The AI borders on dumb as a rock, hide in one room and let them run one at a time in to the room allowing you to pick them off in a controlled method, to super Jenson seeking missile, I.e I haven;t seen you but me and my fifty mates all know exactly which crate you are hiding behind.

The context sensitive cut actions seem to be far more grating in this game than I remember them being in HR.

The thing is I really do like this game, the atmosphere and architecture are really stunning to behold and the game feels like it has a pretty engaging story to tell but my god does it have some real pain in the a*s problems

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well the game starts out well with a solid experience but too short of a game. Just two hubs if you actually count Golem city as a one. The story linking into older Deus Ex games are a nice welcome. Wish I had waited for the sale tbf, didn't use much of the DLC as the gun stats are skewed.

Looks like Adam Jensen has a few more games to star in before we see J.C Denton.

13. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that. I really want to get this. But some of those bugs sounds like they would have a very detrimental affect on playing it at this time. I might hold off for a few weeks until some patches are released.

14. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    I give Nvidia credit that they actually tries to make PC look different from console and have visible factor compare to Console. But Man AMD backed this game like a game of the year and thought this piece of garbage will be the best game ever on PC. In E3 2015, AMD was the one who said we are working with developers on PC port, this what they were working. Gimp their own card and Nvidia card and make PS4 look better then PC overall .

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well nvidia has done the same thing to amd in the past. Hard to criticize AMD for playing tit for tat.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    All this talk about Graphics card vendors "gimping" each others sponsored games, I love how everyone on the internet has access to the source code for all these games and had the time and energy to read through all that code and actually find proof of deliberate "gimping"

/s

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You didnt play Deus Ex Human Revolution, right...?

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The more I peruse people's thoughts on Deus Ex, the more it sounds like the Metal Gear TPP experience all over again (aside from worse performance).

Initially, you think, "amazing!"

...Ultimately, it's actually dull, repetitive and has a short, nonsensical story line.

19. lantian

lantian Guest

Sorry but that just can not be true, people have to keep an eye on their memory management, got everything ultra without msaa and chromatic a... @1080p sitting right around 55-low 70's. While its not stable it is by no means a terrible or bad

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not experienced any annoying user interface issues myself like the poster above but I am using an Xbox One Elite controller which has paddles mapped to the analogue click buttons meaning that crouching and accessing the item/weapon wheels is extremely easy and comfortable. Seems to me that, like many games, this is better played with a controller, although not everyone will want to, I get that. Holding and pressing the same button is no issue and I've never had the game ignore my input resulting in, say, a pressed button becoming a held-down-a-fraction-too-long one either (though some of the prompts are wrong, e.g. I see Hold X to speak to NPCs when it is Press X!).

An absolutely brilliant game in my view. Not had a single crash either in the 18 hours or so I've been playing and apart from some framerate dips to 35-45 FPS in a greenhouse section of a mission the game has been running at 60 FPS on maxed out Ultra settings at 2560x1440 with just MSAA set to Off and Volumetric Lighting reduced to On. I am really enjoying the freedom to do the missions however I want and the massive levels which are a joy to explore. Now I have a larger inventory, can smash through walls and the ability to move heavy objects the levels feel much less restrictive. I know I said this earlier but the level design in this game is exquisite IMO with almost every area or room having multiple routes to them.