Creating BIOS HEX Editing guide 280X and newer

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Feb 22, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New ! (in Main)
    VID Power table for ATI GPU's

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    BIG update in main Post with -> HBM V Mod ! (yes i know we have to do it our self but its easy)

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    UPD.

Added:

Fury-X
    NANO
    Pro-Duo
    NITRO OC+
    TriX BIOS

Here is scaling with + mV and + POW %
    Thats why i dont do this in that way (the good way is to add V in BIOS and then only add + %POW)
    Also when i have tested HBM scaling in Games its a lot better (even +6-12FPS) in current Drivers, in AIDA Sys Mem Test it gets +7-8k Read/Write boost to final score !

[​IMG]

THX goes to buildzoid from hwbot.org

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm I think i have this one for HBM V regulator in my Custom non-UEFI ROM:

ad0c - ad0f

ad0e is the right offset to edit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here is ad0e the right offset to edit.
    And Edited for 1.3125v

[​IMG]

6. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Nice little collection of info :)

I'd been putting off unlocking my Sapphire Fury Tri-X as at 1080p in the games I have been currently been playing I simply did not need any more performance...

Some time ago I had checked and my card had a perfect double right column of xx's

Just a few days back or so I finally bought my 1st 4K screen, LG 27UD68-P, which I am Pretty Happy with. (there are the usual minor IPS glow you expect)
    But mainly I now Need more FPS !!!

Far Cry 3 was getting a fairly solid 33fps :(

Anyhow I ran into a minor issue initially as I used atiflash 2.71 initially (seemed a good idea to use one from around the time this mod was created perhaps) from an admin CMD Prompt, this backed up my BIOSes fine, but when I went to write one to my card it locked my PC up mid write.
    - damn glad cards these days have a BIOS switch !

Next I used atiflash 2.74 which worked fine.

Long and Short of it, I could not do full unlock - usually crashed my PC, sometimes with GFx anomalies, sometimes straight reboot, before WinLogin prompt let alone loaded Desktop :(

So 3840 Shaders is still a nice free upgrade and now Far Cry 3 seems to be getting around 35 - 40 fps, often sitting around 37. Though not much, it actually feels a Lot better in play.

I will be next ofc finally OCing core and Memory. The memory seems to make a big difference for most people surprisingly ! If I can get a steady 45 fps I will be happy enough until Vega arrives (and ofc can tweak FC3 for more fps too).

This display can reliably put out about 72 fps / Hz from what I have seen which is a respectable 20% step up from 60.

I might have a more in depth look at some of your other tweaks too, seems like some interesting stuff there! Thanks :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    THX Bratan'

==
    And now here comes the Johny !

My New BIOS with Timing HBM MOD from 300/500 to 400/500 Strap + Little V adjust for Stability !
    V goes to 1.319v for HBM, and that HBM Strap Timing is 400MHz from Stock 300MHz !
    THX to Gupsterg form overclock.net for Baking the BIOS for Me (then i need to HEX Edit my self)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test Run was conducted in SoMordor with Ultra Textures + reshade/Sweet/HighPass All Maxed + AA
    No artifacts or glitches !
    So for my HBM 1.319 was enough for 400MHz/570MHz (that Timings are really fast, and i mean REALLY, no GDDR5 or X can match those HBMs)

UPD.
    In main post you can download this BIOS from my MEGA :nerd:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  8. DarkFantasy6

DarkFantasy6 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Hello Guys,

I have a r9 fury nitro and was wondering why there are cu unlocked bios for the nitro I thought it was not possible at this custom pcb card. So I made Cuinfo check and got the error "sorry, all 8 disabled cus cant be unlocked by bios replacement". But you have serveral Bioses in the Main thread and also one with "creat for cu unlocking". So is there a chance for me with this bios?. What should I do If I want to unlock, is it even possible. Did your cu info say something other?

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    OK here is Fury-X HBM V mod to 1.325v + TMod and Voltage Offset (no PL changes was made)

Fury-X Moded BIOS

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    There is known problem with Nitros, they disabled this Hard Way in BIOS :)
    For it to work you need:

Unlocked BIOS with HEX Offsets (its highly modified BIOS) or Fury Tri-X Unlocked Bios flashed into Nitro (if you care about seein' this in GPU-Z.1.9.0 ;-))
    Next you tryin' Flash different sets of Unlocks All/High/Low (All is all CUs, Hi 3850 etc.)
    Next is good to have HBM V mod + TMOD HBM to 400MHz Internal Clock (this is not external one when you OC ex. 500MHz -> The Gain' is hudge)

Test for atifacts (playing games at last >1h) is OK -> You have done youre job, now Play games and have fun (like Me :) )

11. lttsi

lttsi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 ti
    Help me undervolt my MSI r9 280x

Hi OnnA .My problem :after edit (VBE7.0.0.7b) undervolt to 1,9v (1,2v default) my card don't runing when test 3d mark (core /mem is not change 300/150)
    Can you help me using hex edittor to change vcore to 1,1v ?
    my bios file https://www.fshare.vn/file/WNDJE3YA815G
    Thank you

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    OK but upload to Mediafire or Mega or google :)

13. lttsi

lttsi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 ti
  14. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Wait, are you saying it's possible to unlock these Nitro cards?

If so, how do we actually achieve this? What are the hex values that need to be changed? Or which Tri-X bios is necessary for the unlock to be achieved?

If I'm honest, it's all a bit confusing for the Nitro cards, I did attempt to unlock shaders on mine using the atom tool but it didn't unlock any more shaders so I guess my card is another example of Sapphire hard locking the shaders or whatever they have done to prevent unlocked shaders.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    prevent unlocked shaders ! in simple Hard Lock in BIOS
    Without change to Tri-X Older BIOS its imposible, however RaptR shows exactly the Fury-X instead of Fury-Pro when unlock was made by Flashing Gupsberg Moded BIOS with Offset, tMOD etc.

The same issue i had with my XFX 280X DD the hard lockd BIOS prevent me from V control ;-)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  17. DarkFantasy6

DarkFantasy6 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Im not a native english speaker so I may get you wrong, but its sound like I have a chance to unlock my card. Could you explain a little more to me, how I should work now, and which bios should I flash to get my card unlocked. There are so many links and urls, so I dont exactly know which bios with hex offset for example you mean. By your Signature I see you got a Nitro unlocked. Could you explain it a little more. That would be really kind! :) Thank you in advance :)

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here is my BIOS that i have in my Nitro-X OC+
    Everybody with Nitros just Flash that Baby and Start Gaming :)

Then go to RaptR and check your GPU in There :eek2:

-> https://mega.nz/#!pFNGmSgb!8V1eAXL2u7yTkk1wClFcDljwouJu6JW6Q7ZyLolxSbU

After flashing just reinstall Drivers or Install my WHQL Driver MOD compilation :nerd:
    Also reset TriXX/MSI (For best compatibility i suggest to use TriXX 5.2.1 not 6.0)
    If you need MSI or RTSS just have it but don't OC GPU in MSI AB

Also i have Fixed Fan for every OC Profile
    1150/570 on 65% (GPU dont exceed 52deg.)
    1050/570 60%
    For 933/570 50%
    For Older games 850/525 40%

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  19. DarkFantasy6

DarkFantasy6 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Hey, thanks for the Answer. I flashed your rom. I got the 1,325 Volts on hbm, but still only have 3500 shader cores. Do you remember what your Cuinfo said? Did you do something special to unlock your cus and shader cores?. Just flashing your bios doesnt give me 4096 shaders.

Maybe I used wrong flash tool. I used Atiflash commandline version. I dont get this

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No its OK, This Nitro has Hard Lock in BIOS.
    So it will be reporting as it is.

Play some games and see, i can see big difference.

Here RotTR DX12 Test:
    933/570 -48mV -14% POW -
    1856:1392 All ultra/High, no soft shadows and no BLURrrrr + FXAA

Its OK IMO (just 173tW lol almost 35tW less than my last XFX 280X 1050/1575 1.175v))

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016