Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Be careful if you are going for the pacifist achievement, it seems wall kills are back. I accidentally killed a few guys and had to restart a couple save points.
    When you do a knockout from cover, you get animation when you throw back an enemy under your cover and if there is a wall, that enemy gets thrown directly to the wall and dies. Or worse, he gets inside of wall.

If you think that newest patch is causing errors and previous was not, you can downgrade to previous versions by using beta option. Versions 1.1 and 1.2 are available in there.

2. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    30h has resulted into one crash, and that could actually have been because of hardware running too hot.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Definitely. Something just looks off.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    There's an area on the ground close to the entrance of the subway in downtown Prague that is now pink.. I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before the most recent patch. Is anyone else seeing this?

[​IMG]

5. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    The animation looks a lot like thunder-birds puppets to me

6. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    advanved tweaking

Where the heck is ini or something we can edit further. I found a log file which shows its' loading the settings you set in the game. But no clue to where the settings file is located. Anyone have any luck?

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Any improvements to the cover system? It feels a little clunky to me in HR. Also, I really hate the failed hack lockout timer, which is basically me standing there twiddling my thumbs for 30 seconds for no apparent reason, but I guess they didn't remove that annoyance? I'm also wondering if they improved upon the voice acting lip sync? It seems to be really off at times and it gets distracting.

Overall I'm enjoyable it but it's not hitting those high notes for me, probably a 6/10 ATM, which for £3 isn't bad at all, and only my scale that's above average so not bad at all, but I was expecting more of a 7 - 8/10 game from what I've heard about it, maybe it improves as it goes on though. My hope is that MD improves upon the game enough to hit that 7 - 8/10 mark on my scale.

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Zero crashes here, maybe tro not to overclock and reset everything to default ?

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I think that was before the patch to that pink thing is the tongue if i am correct.

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

• Lip syncing is awful again.
    • You still cant always get out of something the same way you got in either. i.e hit tab to open a menu, but tab doesn't close it.
    • Cover system is different, so by the time you finish HR (which i just did) you will be used to the old way and have to learn a new one.
    • the sniper rifle is much better.
    • all in all its just like HR but prettier.

11. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    They just updated the engine ,which was used in Hitman 2016. Dam turd engine, should be put in trash instead of making games of it.

This year all AMD games used crap old engine and none selling game. Same 3rd ported Rise of the Tomb Raider and it was a master piece and this is a garbage in terms of quality.

AMD gaming evolve has gone in the gutter in terms of quality.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Cover now has a lot more options for moving between them

Also if you want to avoid the lockout timer on hacks then quit like a second before failure, when it's obvious you'll fail

13. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Literally nothing I posted had anything to do with the engine or AMD....

Game runs fine on my system, CFX seems to work fine.

I think the issue is people putting stuff on ultra just because it says ultra. Put it on high or very high and the game runs great and looks great, and looks 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% the same as ultra. Not wanting to turn this into a fanboy session, but lets be honest.... it does run better than any ubisoft nvidia game made in the past 5 years.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  14. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    That is not my point. My point is that this year AMD gaming evolved games are so bad port that even AMD market their Fury X to run this game on 1080p @ Ultra settings 50fps average , which is similar to PS4. Same goes with hitman.

You look at nvidia Game work Title this year.

Rise of the Raider (Quality port) Positive steam review.
    The Division was superior on PC and visible difference compare to console.
    Mirror Edge 2 another Quality port on PC.
    Paragon ,which is graphically one of the best game on PC this year and ran tremendously well on Both AMD and Nvidia.

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Turn it off ultra, it will look exactly the same and run better...problem solved. the engine is fine. Problem is people cant turn it off of ultra because of e-peen.

The division runs terrible btw.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    What are you blabbering about there, AMD gaming evolved games; there's no such thing buddy, like there's no such thing nVidia the way it's meant to be played games. The fact that you see a logo at the beginning of a cinematic does not mean that nvidia or AMD have anything to say about what engine the game will use or how it will look. Actually the only thing it says is that both nvidia and AMD pay money for that.
    And mostly that is happening is that the game will use a graphical technique that one of the two is hyped about: nVidia's GameWorks crap and AMD's PureHair which usually will **** up everything the dev's worked on.

So go play the damn game.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    One just have to accept that not everyone is or can be an excelent coder and make top notch ports of games, **** happens... like Carmack said back in the day, these people shouldn´t be writting (gfx) drivers, same thing applies to game programmers.

18. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    IMO Nixxes does a really good job of doing PC ports.

So far they have gone above and beyond adding or in the process of adding support for DX12, HDR, Multi-GPU etc...better than most ports where we get the bare minimum.

Fact is some of the techniques they have implemented (Ultra settings) take a HUGE hit due to accuracy, and they look maybe .0000001% better. This causes every noob in the world to claim, "OMG worst port evah!!!!! I can't run ultra on my 980ti!!!!!. When all they have to do is kick it down one notch, lose zero image quality, and have a perfectly playable game....

19. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Cards like the 970 need to use a mix of high and medium settings to get good framerates, those are gtx950 level practices in better looking games, even people with the 1080 see 30s or 40s when not playing at console resolution, not good.

Ps.- Oh I see Nixxes are responsible of the stutter fest Human Revolution and Thief, they also never bothered to port environment shadows in kane and linch 2. They are hardly average.

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i set SLi rendering mode to Single GPU and everything seems fine , from 60fps to 84fps while running high preset + ultra textures quality + msaa off

pretty sure dual 1080s can run this game @ ultra settings+4k