Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comments/4zgliv/psa_do_not_unplug_xbox_360_controller_from_pc/

I found this with regards to your problem. Hopefully it sheds some light. And on that note... I'm not unpairing my controller from the PC for a while haha

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  3. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Visual issues aside, very impressed with the content from the developer, haven't been this hooked on playing a game in ages. Taking a volatile action does seem to progress you through the game quicker, for example those underground news reporters. :biggun:

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Triple Bugger or Double Buffer please?

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh thanks for that. Sorry I missed your post originally... early morning, half a sleep and all that! :O

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah if you're using G-sync or SLI then you'll need exclusive full screen.

If your framerates are solid, then double buffer should be good enough I say. Triple buffer smooths out the frame delivery, but at the expense of input latency.

Also, does anyone know where the hell I can sell stuff in my inventory once Adam is in Prague?

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Two places, a floor down from your apartment and a tech place in the north end

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Not sure whats happening but after latest nvidia driver or windows update my graphics cards show incorrect vram, i tried 3 or 4 older drivers and its still shows incorrect vram numbers over trilions. if i disable sli it shows correct vram on gpu 1.

Its pretty annoying not to see correct vram stats with msi afterburner, i thought it only was with deus ex with it but its with all games now.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Finally managed to get rid of that annoying tutorial text by travelling to a different area and it didn't come back during the 4 or so hours I played it last night.

Absolutely loving this game. The missions are terrific; the way you can tackle them however the hell you like and the wonderful level design which makes exploration pure joy. I was struggling with one mission yesterday and discovered a breaker switch that electrified the floor. I then threw an object and watched the dumb police and exo-suit guy get fried as they attempted to find me! Such fun. (Up until that point I had actually been really impressed by the A.I. but after that dumb display where they literally walked in and died one after the other, seemingly ignoring all the dead bodies, I quickly changed my mind... If it helps me complete missions then I'm not complaining! :D ).

The missions are great but what is really making this game so damn entertaining for me is the freedom to explore and the exemplary level design which makes exploration so enjoyable. Vents are everywhere and you can pretty much climb up anything too meaning that most of the time you don't even have to hack doors and stuff. Fantastic!

My only complaint about the game at this point, tutorial text bug aside, is that the loading times between areas is too long, around 2-3 minutes at least on my system. VRAM usage does hit 6 GB though during the loading so perhaps it is just loading all the textures (at Ultra quality)? I may move the game to my SSD tonight to see if this improves loading time as it certainly did in the case of DOOM!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

11. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I would definitely move to SSD. I'm on SSD and when loading during the subway ride it's only 20-30 seconds if that even. I'm 5 hours in and haven't even started the 2nd mission (the one after you first get to apt) yet.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i'm getting " DXMD.exe got blocked from accessing memory " messages one after another !!!

this game needs some fixing on windows10

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Completely agree with everything you said. Run it today to play for an hour or so, ended up spending 282 minutes in game just because it's so fun and rewarding to explore and play with tools game provide you.

I'm on HDD and loading between stations takes around 20 seconds. it's not instant but not annoying, definitely not 2-3 minutes. Maybe it's some sort of bug.

edit: it's 29 seconds for new area or "continue" from main menu and 11 seconds for quickload

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone tested very high textures and ultra textures. There is any significant change ?

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    See for yourself :

[​IMG]

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Man, this game just keeps on impressing me. Once you leave the initial area in Prague, it really opens up. This new district I'm in is huge and is exceptionally detailed. But by God it's heavy on the RAM! If you don't have at least 16GB of RAM, you're going to suffer because total system memory usage is over 10GB. And once the DX12 update hits, I expect RAM usage to increase even more, by around 1 to 2GB if I'm not mistaken.

And keep in mind, this is with a GTX 1080. VRAM usage is close to 7GB, so if you have a GPU with less VRAM, your RAM usage will certainly be even higher. My GTX 1080 is handling this game like a boss, with almost constant 60 FPS with Vsync on at 1440p, and core speed never dropping below 2ghz at stock settings :D

BTW, that tip I gave earlier about disabling exclusive fullscreen to prevent microstuttering, ignore it. The problem I found wasn't with exclusive fullscreen, it's with triple buffering. Triple buffering is bugged in the game, and induces microstuttering when in exclusive fullscreen mode.

So I recommend disabling triple buffering and just going with double buffer, and exclusive fullscreen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z

It's even more spectacular at night:thumbup: BTW what FOV do you use?

18. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    I have to say this year any game ,which is part of AMD gaming evolve program is either bombed in sales, weak launch, performance issues, console seem to better option, turd port, and graphics gimped to its core.

Compare AMD gaming evolve title Total Warhammer, ATOS, Hitman and Dues EX mankind Divived with

Mirror Edge 2 performing equally on both and have noticeable difference between console and PC
    The Division performing equally on both noticeable difference between console and PC

Paragon genuine PC port ,which has good customization and PC graphic features

Rise of the Tomb Raider ,which is PC game of the year.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    My FOV is set to the max..

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It annoys me (not you directly though) when I read that someone else has quicker loading times off a hard drive than I do. Makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my setup.

For example, I had DOOM installed on my 2 TB Western Digital Black SATAIII drive and it would take a minute to load to the main menu then another 2 minutes or so to load the level from a resumed save. I moved it onto my 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO and the game now loads in less than 15 seconds to the main menu and around that again to enter a level!!!

Now I seem to have the same issue with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I really shouldn't have to move games onto an SSD to get respectable loading times. Yes, I know SSDs are much faster than hard drives but until recently I'd never really had a problem with loading times. Seems that some recent games seem to take ages to load, some even take a noticeably long time from clicking Play in Steam and their windows even appearing to indicate they're loading.

I'm not having any other issues with Windows and the majority of my games load fine so why is these specific ones?

Are you playing the game with Ultra textures, Vidik? On my PC I see VRAM usage increase to 6 GB during these long loading times and in-game I've seen as much as 7.2 GB being used (the highest of any game I've played to date).

P.S. Reloading a save game after dying takes around 10 seconds. Transitions between different areas is at least 3 minutes, although I've not timed it. I just know it's a long time!