Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    People want a great looking game that stresses their system and is desvering of the peformance hit of such visuals.

This game however is not that game. The visuals dont justify the performance. A GTX1080 should not be getting stressed by a common run of the mill AAA game. I mean, since when did SquareEnix and Co care about making the next Crysis or Metro?

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Been messing around in Prague a bit, and this is the first place you encounter that gives you a real feel for the technical capabilities and performance of the engine.* So far I've been holding 60 FPS fairly easily with some very minor dips every now and then, at 1440p*everything maxed out except MSAA and CHS which are turned off, and triple buffering enabled.* Game seems to use the CPU decently, but the scaling isn't as good as what I thought it would be.* My CPU was still down clocking during gameplay with the Windows performance profile on balanced, which was causing some hitching and stuttering.* Setting it to performance fixed that for me.* So yeah, DX12 with it's much better parallel rendering would be a big plus for this game for certain.* VRAM usage is exceptionally high (above 7GB), and so is RAM usage (over 9GB).* But of course most of the VRAM usage is from caching textures so that's fine I think.

Things I really like about the graphics are the screen space reflections which are detailed and have high resolution, and they also have a contact hardening effect applied as well.* Also, the cloth physics setting is definitely noticeable.* You can see the more realistic cloth movement, even on NPCs.* The temporal AA is also very good, and gets rid of the vast majority of aliasing and shimmering.* MSAA definitely isn't being missed at all here..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    An update is out, just the exe so perhaps a fix for the crash problem early on the game affecting a lot of users?

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    As I said before, I think the main explanation for the performance is because the engine is brand new. Brand new engines always have teething problems, but they improve over time.

Remember when Dying Light and Batman Arkham Knight launched and how poor the performance was? But after several patches, both games now perform very well.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed, but we're not talking about the assumed improved version of the engine that comes with the sequal here, we're talking the version and performance of the engine in its current state.

If you're talking about patches, then yeah maybe they'll fix it. But i fail to see how needing to wait for months on end for a patch to fix performance is ok in this case (because its Nixxes and Deus EX?) but people throw a tantrum with other games.

The idea that todays games are not playble for months after release being ok is just madness. You're paying full price to beta test.

And remember, this game was delayed for 6 months:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-18-deus-ex-mankind-divided-delayed-until-late-august-2016

So theres no excuse really.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk, game seems fine to me. Graphics are a little taxing, but I turned down 2-3 settings and was able to hit 80fps QHD which is basically like every other game out.

I think some of the graphics features Nixxes added over the console version are good. The engine seems kind of clunky, but Glacier engine always been that way and this just a heavily modified version of it. I don't think you clan blame Nixxes for that. It's not like they can rewrite the entire engine during their port.

Edios didn't handle the PC version of the game though, Nixxes did. I doubt Nixxes has the ability to majorly overhaul the engine in the time frame they get to do the port. I also doubt Edios focuses much how the engine performs on PC, especially that particular studio -- which according to their AMA is significantly smaller than most game studios.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That's great and all but honestly it wouldn't hurt that they optimize before releasing the game instead of doing it after. But since things like this are looked at from a financial point of view, it's more important to get a product out quickly (that ppl buy) and fix it later than releasing something polished "too late".

I'll play the game, no doubt about that, but it would certainly be a more pleasant experience if I felt the FPS would be around 90 than 65 which it perhaps could be if properly optimized. Then again, it's an AMD game so that could be part of the explanation. I remember when the latest F1 game was released which ran great on nVidia but crap on AMD. A few patches later the performance was OK on AMD.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Considering the gfx options available in the options menu, thats bollocks. Nixxes have untapped access to the games code. If you expect me to believe that the console version was made from the very beginning to include contact hardening shadows, MSAA, TAA etc and wasnt added by nixxes, then you need to try harder. The console version isnt going to be using those as they are way to intensive at the lowest setting.

Then theres the fact that this is an AMD game, which means they worked closely with a PC gpu vendor, so expertise was not in limited quantities. So crying limited resources isnt going to fly.

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    • Microtransactions (and temporary to boot)
    • Day 1 DLC
    • Performance issues
    • Short campaign
    • Combat clunkiness
    • Consolitis

Pass.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/355043117529200552/

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    is there any way to always stay in 3rd person mode?

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I wrote in my post that they added all that to the game, so why would I try to convince you otherwise?

All those features, Nvida Flex, etc -- they are all just modular at this point. AMD/Nvidia provide the libraries, there isn't much optimization you can do with them, nor the implementation. The graphics themselves is a combination of art direction, assets and engine restriction with materials and stuff. Like most of the complaints here are about textures, god rays, animations, facial animations, character art, etc -- Nixxes isn't and shouldn't really be responsible for fixing any of that.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No.
    The game is a FPS/RPG that switches to third person for certain actions. Human Revolution was the same way.

Unless someone finds a way to "mod" the game later on to do so... but, I wouldn't count on it.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think the most demanding setting in this game, besides MSAA (which is oddly far too demanding here to be worth using even though MSAA worked fine in the older Hitman Absolution that this game's engine is based on, I believe), is Volumetric Lighting. Just reducing that from Ultra to On allowed my PC to run the game at a near-flawless 60 fps with everything maxed out at 2560x1440 except for MSAA (disabled).

Although this game looks fine graphically, it's hard to say if the performance requirements justify the hardware needed to run it. However, I will say that this game does not look as good as, say, Rise of the Tomb Raider (which had superb character models and facial animations) or even Crysis 3, which is a few years old now. There's a boxiness to the game that makes it look something dated visually despite the abundance of modern graphical features such as tessellation, contact hardened shadows and so on. Lip-syncing is also very poor IMO. The game so far has no large open spaces and while there are a lot of NPCs it is no more than other similar games.

Not really sure where the performance is being used really; maybe the DirectX 12 will make better use of hardware? Or maybe not based on previous DX11/DX12 games which tend to show no improvement or reduced performance on NVIDIA hardware. It would be nice to think that I could run the game at 60 fps with everything maxed out, including Volumetric Lighting but without MSAA (why they even included that but neglected to include FXAA or SMAA is puzzling).

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

The hog setting, is soft shadows. Dunno the exact name, but the description will tell ya, contact shadows or something. It works like nvidia's PCSS setting, basically smart soft shadows, and that thing always eats performance, like vegetation, for example.

And Volumetric too. I remember in The Division, volumetric setting was a perf. hog too.

Also, dx12, will be a patch, just like in Rise of the Tomb Raider, a "wrapper" just for CPU improvements, and from there we will get the extra fps. Probably a decent amount. Thing is, nixxes will release the dx12 patch soon, or in months...when all of us finished the game.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmm.. how's the CPU usage looking?

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  18. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I like the game, pretty much the same feeling as the previous Deus Ex. Graphics wise it's not bad, could be better, performance wise nothing to complain, keeping a 50-60 fps most of the time at 1080p, MSAA off, Ultra Settings.
    What could be better are the side characters, the facial animations, texture and details are ****ing ugly, i mean like from 5 years ago. Other than that is not a bad game, considering i payed 30$ for it.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh boy. Let's see how the next few weeks go with this game. DX12 helped my 780's minimum fps a lot so hopefully it will do some good here too.

And is it set in Dubai? lmao ... I hope they don't ban the game here like Spec Ops.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080