The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Hmmmm is that with Ultra HD Textures?. I had a 780 SC and OC'd and it was like 20-30fps with HD textures than was playable taking the textures off. I definitely need to try the game again with my 1070 and actually play the game lol.:pc1:

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    That's how addiction works. Next month it'll be a dozen, then a new card every day. Before long, you're panhandling on the streets, begging for GPU money. :nerd:

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's a surprisingly good game, from all points of view. In a way I feel ashamed for buying it so dirt cheap with all DLC, since the game really is worth it. But out of "vram fear" I stood away from it for so long.

Oh well... playing it now, so polished, max settings etc. has its perks as well though. :p

4. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    Can you elaborate about the Micron versions ? That is what I have and anything about 360 on mem = checkboard and TDR or bluescreen. Seems odd to have such a sudden cutoff.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Almost bought a Zotac 1070 AMP Extreme, but still unsure if it's worth it coming from a 980 Ti.

I'm in the middle of buying a super expensive monitor, after some research i could get a lesser monitor and sell my 980 Ti to get a 1070 AMP Extreme.

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    You'd probably be a bit disappointed upgrading to a 1070 from an overclocked 980Ti. They seem about the same for the most part.

If I had the upgrade itch, I'd go for the 1080 if I were you. (or) Just hold out a bit longer on the inevitable Ti. Or do both. :nerd:

New monitors are worth dumping extra into as well. They don't seem to get replaced as often.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah i'll wait for the 1080 Ti, i can max out any game for now without ease.

I'm always itching to upgrade stuff, but my next big upgrade would be CPU etc but not right away as Skylake isn't that impressive performance wise.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    If you value coolness and quietness then GTX 1070 is a great side step. Performance would be pretty much the same. I still can't believe how much quieter this is than the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 that I had (while annihilating it).

By the way, those with really high memory overclocks (>500 MHz from afterburner)... Are you sure that it passes firestrike stability test (as in doesn't drop below 97%)?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well this 980 Ti from Zotac is pretty quiet even with 3 big fans, i usually set it to 60% fanspeed without hearing them.
    My H100i V2 sounds 10x worse at 50% speed.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My card's here :D :D :D OMG this thing is bigger than my old stock GTX 780!

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Congrats man. :D

Finally ditched the 780. :banana:

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hell yeah! :D I'm finally going to play ROTR properly with no slow downs! Hopefully I'll love Witcher 3 as well :D

780's going back home to the i7 920 PC.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Theres one level in ROTR that has some FPS issues though, other then that it ran butter smooth on ultra.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh yeah I keep reading about some geothermal valley. I'm very early in the game, I had that bear QTE and stopped. It ran perfectly fine on my 780 on high with dx12 but meh :p

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I think i'm on that level right now, some dips below 50fps plays pretty terrible and hard to hit enemies.

I quit a few times at that bear level, but finally managed to beat it later on.
    I'd rather like fighting humans though lol.

Enjoy your 1070, and don't make me change my mind and sell the 980 Ti for one. :p

Graphics card upgrades are so tempting to me, even though it's a sidegrade.
    The Zotac 1070 AMP Extreme looks so damn sexy and it has led's all over it.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, that Gigabyte I had had minimum fan speed of 1550 RPM and no passive mode. While gaming fans go up to 2100 RPM. With this card though... 100% full load and fans may just hit 1000 RPM (and I still can't hear it over HDDs and rest). Normally while gaming with v-sync on that's very unlikely to happen thus fan speed is almost always <900 RPM. Sooo quiet! And I had luck regarding coil whine too.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone with FO4 installed? I set the game to the ultra preset and medium physx and there's some micro stutter in the institute.

Is this result ok?
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14361862?

Is this thing really running at almost 2Ghz? Hard to believe! Amazon's store page shows a boost clock of 1772 Mhz or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    99,99% chance it's related to that monstrosity of a Game Engine Bethesda uses.

19. reflex75

reflex75 Guest

GPU:
    Micron memory OC

Hi everyone, I have a strange issue with overclocking my new Palit 1070 super Jetstream (stock bios).
    The core runs fine near 2100Mhz no problem, but vram acts strangly.
    If I increase beyond 4200Mhz in afterburner (which is little +200 compare to default 4000Mhz), then I have instant freeze on desktop with checkerboard square patterns.
    First I tought bad luck I have poor MICRON memory :3eyes:
    But then I tried to lock the voltage to 1.093 (or 1.083 which works too) and vram became rock stable even at +600Mhz :)
    My result to Timespy benchmark jumped from 6300 to almost 6700 !
    Have other experience the same issue?
    Could it be a badly ram voltage management in this stock bios?

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Maybe, thing is I never tried to OC either core or memory before ramping up the voltage/power/temp to the max. I do have Samsung though and +700 is the sweetspot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.