Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    From what I've read its just another awful looking game with crappy performance.

....from bad to worse

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Can someone tell me how to unlock the dlc stuff in the main game ? like the 4 extra praxis kits ?

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's not the OC, starting it without Exclusive Fullscreen fixed the problem.

This i'll try, could be the fix I needed.

Edit - It worked!

Then you read wrong. Maxed out it really looks quite good, I'd say very close to the E3 demo last year. But sure, some parts could be better.

Shots below, does it really look that bad?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The lighting and the textures are just impressive at some points, but there are weak spots too. Overall i think it looks good, but it doesn't justify it's GPU requirements at all.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is a big day one patch.. still not as big as day one patch for AC Unity for Xbox one that was pretty much full redownload of the game :bang:

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    In your inventory you have a storage tab, your items are in there.

As for the praxis kits, not sure, I have 3 from deus ex go, one of the reviews on steam mention there's no way to get it, find that unlikely

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    The overal game graphics are looking a bit static [stiff] but overal its decent, call me crazy but now i miss the yellow filter again that was in human revolution for some weird reason xD

8. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Bigger problem is NPC Models and Animations.

9. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Great looking game, played for 3 hours straight, not a single crash just that "screen turning black bug" happened 2-3 times but it's easily "fixed" by F5 and F9 as soon as it starts happening. It seems game loves VRAM - up to 6600+MB @ 1080p in city hub.
    Also I'm digging all that hair on characters, takedowns look like shampoo ads :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  10. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    The opening of the game was impressive for me, the MSAA makes a pretty noticeable difference. However now that all those high settings are turned off it does seem a little bland.

Gameplay wise, liking some references in the story line to first two Deus Ex games. Not so much a fan of the sound effects or the AI.

It's pretty hard to be a pacifist in this game...

11. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Agreed, facial animations are mediocre to say the least

12. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Someone else has this problem on 21:9 panel (3440x1440)?

[​IMG]

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    For a brand new engine, I'd say the performance is quite good. Brand new engines usually take a while before all the performance issues are ironed out. Examples include Dying Light, which was horribly CPU bound when it first launched.. Batman Arkham Knight is another one..

Anyway, I played the game for about 40 minutes with everything maxed out at 1440p except for MSAA which is off, and CHS which I have set to on rather than ultra.

At these settings, the gameplay was very smooth, although I never looked at the framerate. Graphics look very nice to me, and the temporal AA seems to work very well by getting rid of most of the jaggies.

14. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Yep ... 21:9 is not supported in Deus Ex Mankind ... it´s stretched 16/9 ... maybe a upcoming patch will fix it .. lazy developers :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am thoroughly enjoying this game after the bitter disappointment of No Man's Sky. This game has more depth, freedom and gameplay in ten minutes than that game had in the 25+ hours I've played it so far!!!

Anyway... got it running really well too at 2560x1440 on Ultra Custom settings with just MSAA set to off and Volumetric Lighting set to On rather than Ultra. Everything else is maxed out. Game runs at 60 fps for 99.999% of the time, at least in the 3 or so hours I've been playing it. Setting Voiumetric Lighting to Ultra results in a framerate that is around 40-45 fps; playable but it feels too laggy and sluggish for my liking. I am running my GTX 1080 at stock speeds as well so a bit of overclocking should allow for an even more stable 60 fps framerate.

Graphically the game looks nice but it's not jaw-dropping. There are few wide open spaces with most areas consisting of corridor-like streets and lots of rooms, not that I'm complaining as it works absolutely fine. Oddly, the game looks exactly how I remember Deus Ex: Human Revolution looking but the truth is that this game does look much better (although faces are a bit stiff and unnatural, worst even than Fallout 4, and lip-syncing seems poor/off).

17. DarkLiberator

DarkLiberator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    The mouse acceleration is horrible.

Game runs fine here. Anyone using sharpen?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes it looks rather ****ty, only character detail, hair and cloth is great.

From what I saw AI movement and face expression was always crappy with this game engine, shame its still here and so bad... like if its year 2006 not 2016 :D, same with visuals at times; outdoors clearly isn't engine's strong point. Sometimes inside too with too much volumetric lights and GI bloom..

Guess they had to make on purpouse crippling effects so its somehow "demanding" game, add some outrageous MSAA combo having hard time with those effects and its done, GPU killer.

I wait for a discount if Im going to buy it at all..:pc1: :nerd:

19. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Like HR the NPCs are the ones that look the worst, this engine doesn't seem to be doing faces and emotions well at all. But other than that it looks absolutely gorgeous running with the textures at max @ 1440p.

(uses 5.5GB VRAM at this setting, so get a card with enough VRAM)

Runs smoothly too.

About 2 hours into the game I haven't really gotten into the story yet, but I'm sure I'll find enjoyment out of it.

Nothing wrong with animations, this is not gamebryo.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This has been the worst STEAM preload I've run into.
    Game does not want to start, unpack... or even finish downloading.

Constantly hanging up, stopping downloading... and even scared me at one point, saying "Disk Write Error".
    I instantly ran a scan on my drive, which came back zero errors.

Did a search around and saw a lot of people running into issues with DX:MD's preload/launch.