The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It is a big upgrade from a 780 trust me.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Amazing Lucidus! Even coming from my 9700 @ 1500/7800, the 980ti (performs same as 1070) was a huge upgrade. You'll love it.

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    For a new card I would suggest a GTX 1070 over the Ti, unless you wanna save some money if the Ti is cheaper and if planning for upgrading to something more powerful later on(e.g Pascal Ti) which those few quids will come in handy.

But as I mentioned for a new card which will be kept at least 1+ year, I would go with the GTX 1070. Especially if planning to SLI down the road.

How much is that AMP! Ex costs if I may ask?

4. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    <--------- Mines is on the left
    Very good card, 2k+ plus clocks, cool and quiet

5. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Well I pulled the trigger and got a palit super Jetstream 1070, and oh boy am glad I did.
    Since I started building my computer 2 years ago it took me this long to get a graphics card.
    Ah man that's a long time with a HD 4600 lol. :banana:

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Had the same card! Beautiful and amazing card. Enjoy!

Also you can safely flash the GameRock Premium edition vbios if you wish.

That vbios boosts to 2025@stock(don't remember if I added any voltage tho)! :thumbup:

7. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Cool. I'll bear that in mind. But won't it just over clock to that edition anyways?

8. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    That card is a beast in 1080p and lower resolutions (I still like to play on CRT, because my opinion is, that no LCD can rival picture quality that I'm seeing on CRT), going from 680GTX is like night and day. Black Ops wasnt playable at all on 680GTX, there was massive stuttering and pauses, now there's no stuttering, and rock solid 60fps. Even rise of the tomb raider and witcher 3 with hairworks on runs great on that card (1080p resolution)

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Ofcourse it will. And a bit more. I just mentioned in case. :p

But its like the normal JetStream vs Super JetStream. Out of the box OC without adding offset.

Going from 2025MHz to 2050-2088MHz the performance gain is minimal. Just set 400-600MHz on the mem(and fan speed/curve imo) and all set.

Its not needed obviously nor will benefit anything probably besides the higher default boost clock but some like to do it. :thumbup:

10. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    My FTW does not have coil whine....

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    About coil whine in my experience it is just a lucky pick which brand evaah

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That and even PSU can make a real difference.

13. sandvic28

sandvic28 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8Gb Stock
    Hi guys, i'm considering this card at the moment and i have some questions : is the latency issue a big deal ? I heard a lot of people complaining about it and the fix doing nothing, but i just finished reading all 35 pages and only one or two member seem reporting it, is it random ? does upgrading to windows 10 help at all ? lastely any of you good folks with old z68/z77 motherboards had to update their BIOS version and/or change some settings in order to run this card ? much appreciated :)

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Only so few report it because it likely is/was very unnoticeable other than in that testing tool. I at least, in the games I played, had no issues whatsoever, even with the earlier driver.

15. sandvic28

sandvic28 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8Gb Stock
    I see, thanks for the feedback :) so only one question remains.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well every card will squeal like a pig when you have a game without an FPS Limit in Menus.

Like Homeworld Remasterd where you get 1700 FPS without V-Sync... It sounds really scary when your Card does that.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I remember the first time I heard coil whine was in an old 3DMark... and for a long while I thought the sound was coming from my ssd (lol). Haven't had an occasion with my 1070 yet, but it will probably be the same.

18. KrayZkillz

KrayZkillz Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Amp Extreme Gtx1070
    As of This week seeing GTX 1070 UNDER $400 shipped..Seen them dip as low as $365 over last couple weeks...and just for reference GTX 1060 for $215 shipped yesterday($240-$260 ED),these are Brand new cards from Big Retail sellers online...If anybody's about to pull the trigger on one and not seeing these prices PM me,its not a secret or anything,I'm sure you guys know where they're at online,but a lot of people don't and are wasting $ when they realize you don't have to pay the extra TAX & extra shipping that some online sellers are charging when you checkout...

Just Sayin' theres some good prices if you know where to look

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Joining the club again. This will be my 6th gpu in a single month. lol!

Yeah its been a little crazy(or me probably, I was bored) but I manage to sold the 2 used 980Ti's I got from amazon and the Palit GTX 1070 to a relative and I ordered another used MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X from Amazon again for 427euros.

And with the profit I got from the Ti's its price comes even below the used Ti's. :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Did you face any activation problems after changing your video card so many times?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.