Best RX 470

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Dch48, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    So, I'm seriously considering upgrading to an RX 470 4GB model. I'm looking at Sapphire, MSI, PowerColor, and Gigabyte. I'm leaning most towards the Sapphire Nitro but what do you guys think is the best one? I ruled out ASUS since their card seems to throttle itself too much too soon.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I prefer Sapphire and i would probably go with Nitro+. MSI gaming is also a good choice.

Any price difference worth mentioning?

3. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    They're all within $10 of each other so price is not really a factor.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090

5. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    That's a reference design and not relevant. Three of the cards I'm looking at are $199 and the Sapphire Nitro is $209. I expect them all to come down a little as supplies become stable. Sapphire may also come out with a lower priced card in the Dual-X series like they have before. Maybe without the LED lighting and the backplate. The 480's are all about $30 higher and really don't perform that much better.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Meh, 10$ here and there. Like you said, its not a factor. Just get a Nitro 470, you cant go wrong there.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well so far MSI Gaming in g3d tests has overclocked easily the best and the cooler is great.

8. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
  9. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    I bought the Nitro+ 4gb for my daughter's build but won't be able to get everything together until the weekend.

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Most likely, I will not be doing any overclocking so performance at stock is more important. The PowerColor is pretty impressive at stock speed. Actually, they're all pretty close.

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I have ruled out the MSI because it doesn't have a backplate and has the lowest stock clock speed. Now it's between PowerColor and Sapphire. PowerColor has the higher clock but Sapphire clocks the memory higher. I like the easily removeable/ replaceable fans on the Sapphire and I also think that overall, Sapphire is higher quality than PowerColor. Am I right there?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  12. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Well for me they all the same basic, I am just buying the one that is the cheapest at the moment which is the powercoler. If any sapphire i had in 4850 and 4870 and they both died in 2years. That makes me think if I even should go amd now...

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I've never had a video card die and I have always had ATI/AMD. I've never even had a hard drive, or drive of any kind , die. The only component I have ever had fail and have to be replaced was one power supply after 5 years. That's it. I don't ever do any overclocking of anything so that may be a big part of things.

Here, the Powercolor, MSI, and Gigabyte are all the same price and the Sapphire is $10 more.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  14. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Probably bad luck, I've never had problems with Sapphire's cards, but I've had two Powercolor's getting artifacts which could not be removed even with standard clocks, but this was in 4830 times.
    Also, I remember I had two different cards close to that time period, the Powercolor used 20w more in full load than the other one.

But seems things have improved now, so I wouldn't look too much into past experiences.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Okay I had a bit of a shock there for a moment but everything is okay now. I opened up my case to make sure I had an 8 pin PCI connector and I didn't see one anywhere. I was thinking I'd have to settle for a reference design card. My current card is using 2 6 pin connectors but a Google search for the PSU ( LEPA B650) and another look inside confirmed that the 6 pin connectors are actually 6+2 pin and can be used as either 6 or 8.
    So, I should be good.

16. Sizzor

Sizzor Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    Yes go for Sapphire Nitro it is the cheapest one available on Amazon.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Too high on Amazon. I'm waiting to be notified when it comes back in stock at Newegg. It's almost $50 less there. I have settled on the Sapphire Nitro+ because of overall looks, backplate, and removeable fans.

18. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Sapphire and MSI make the best AMD cards imo, good choice on the Nitro+

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB 470 came in stock at Newegg and I jumped on it. I should have it in a few days. If all goes well, I will be selling my R9-270X. I figure I can get about $100 for it. I would entertain offers from people here before I put it on the Bay.

20. Ndimz

Ndimz Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070Oc
    Great, that price sound right. If I don't pay more shipping it South Africa that is