Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm on AU and I have no issues installing the driver. Don't use DDU or anything. It can be tricky though because of how Windows install 369.09 driver from WU. You have to make sure that this install went well before installing any new driver on top of it.

You have a strange definition of "greatly" I'm afraid if you think that 15 fps in 1080p is in any way "great".

2. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    I just hope that the old driver give me a good performance with F1 2016 till a fixed driver release

3. Nvidia will release a hotfix soon, which might actually be a proper driver and not the one which breaks sht across the board, .75

4. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    How soon??

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Installed fine for me on Win10 AU, seems a decent performer too.

6. Faiyez

Faiyez Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 2GB SLI
    People could have done the smart thing and defer Windows updates.

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am on win10 1607 AU, would you recommend then disabling WU service right before driver install, then of course reenabled once all is good ?
    I came from WIn7 and never let it install drivers.

8. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    How do I active this new and fancy FastSync on my GTX 980 SLI setup?

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No. I would recommend letting it do its job (and making sure that it's done it) and then install the new driver on top of the WU one in a custom/clean install way.

10. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have zero problem with the latest win 10 update. I cannot say the same thing about the driver.

11. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Fastsync is not available for sli users :puke2:

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Windows Update installed display and sound drivers automatically after the clean Win10 install.
    Once I uninstalled those and rebooted it didn't try to again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These aren't my pics but I did this right after uninstalling the WU drivers.
    *Never install option obviously.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, I am trying the rap my head around what the problem is.

Is the problem that when I go to install new NV driver, I do clean install option and when NV uninstalls its drivers, WU will try to install its drivers before the NV installer installs its driver?

Just trying to figure what the problem is and when it happens.
    I always do clean install with option in the installer (never had problem before, but that was win7, not win10).

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    WU, on win10 has never installed drivers on my end (it did install old ones though when it updated to win10).
    My understanding now is it doesn't automatically install new drivers always, unless you uninstall and there no driver for HW, then it will right away.
    Also while those settings are there I thought those don't work in win10, at least that was what everyone was saying back when win10 was new, maybe now they work.
    That is how I had win7, don't install drivers from WU.

Edit: if you look at the options now, it just says about "chose when manufacture apps updates and custom icons" not drivers.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  15. rauf

rauf Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix
    I would ask same question. Previously it required v-sync settings to Vertical Sync 0x18888888 (Inspector). Under NV 372.54 i can't see it anymore?

btw SLI Maxwell here

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Driver install went fine. I just did a simple upgrade, not even a clean install.
    No issues installing.

SSAO is broken on Fallout 4. Textures get covered in a black blobby mess. Switching to HBAO+ fixes it.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The problem is that WU will try to install a new driver if you uninstall the current one. It won't happen with "clean install" option as the installer control this. But it might happen if you uninstall the current driver manually or with DDU.

18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ahh, I see now, yes, that makes sense.
    I normally just let the driver do its thing with clean option.

Thanks for clarification of the problem.

19. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Just to clarify, as well as being unable to install this latest driver on AU, before all of this I had the issue of Windows Update trying to install it's own (thanks Microsoft) driver which led to a complete "black screen of death" - ticking those options in the screenshots above do nothing at all in most cases, which shows how utter garbage Windows 10 is - I manually disabled the Windows Update service and also the DDU tool sets something which blocks windows from trying to put it's own garbage driver on too.

I guess the only thing I haven't tried is to just run this driver over the top of the current 368.69 driver and don't do any uninstall/clean install to see if it just goes on?

20. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Well, this driver is obviously messed up in more ways than one and since I don't play any of the games it provides improvements for, I went back to 368.95. ROTTR DX12 mGPU runs just fine now and doesn't freeze/stutter/crash/break all the time, so I guess I'm skipping 372.54.