Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    People are still playing Doom. I know i do. Game isnt even out yet and you already riping it.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://i.imgur.com/9I0AE2s.png

http://i.imgur.com/Jj5J2Tp.png

two screenshots from ps4

and

http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/355043117503389845/

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If 770 can keep 40fps on Ultra so something like 1060 and rx480 is needed for those 60fps/1080p. I guess they didnt lie about system req.

Anyway, a 770 2GB able to run Ultra textures?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Didn't stop people from continuing to play it with Vulkan.

And, really, what has DX12 done for gaming recently that's made it such a "must have" feature for this game?
    Chances are most people will stick with DX11.

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    The guy from neogaf DeathSparks who posted those also said:

That's good news and means that everyone with at least a mid range card should be able to enjoy decent IQ. :rock:

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This.

In fact, id rather Nixxies put time into a Vulkan patch than DX12. Think about it...

Dx12:
    • Limited to win10
    • No Reshade (and this like D:HR has a piss filter. That same effect peps got angry with doom 2016 pre release footage)
    • Has done next to nothing for performance on either side.

Valkan:
    • Reshade compatible
    • Multi OS
    • Done just as much for Nvidia users perf wise as DX12 and actually delivered on its perf promises for amd users

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah. DX12 has been far to inconsistent to really be a huge draw for games right now.
    The best use of it, for me, has been the update to Tomb Raider.

And even then, that's very hit and miss... and I seemed to have lucked out and benefited from it.
    DX11 is still the best API for games IMO right now. Vulkan shows promise, but very much like DX12... it needs time. The Vulkan support for The Talos Principle is nowhere near as stable as DOOM's.

8. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    DX12 will be just a 2nd grade citizen for PC developers until Nvidia is ready to move to DX12 ,which they will not and their are many good reasons for that.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Actually I'm hoping this would be the first big game to show a real benefit with DX12 as this game has been supposedly developed to use it.
    Also hoping the delay for DX12 means this is true and that they (Nixxes) really just need to put the finishing touches in rather than hastily slap together a wrapper or whatnot to "deliver" on the promise (of DX12).

10. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider. Nuff said.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I wish we could see some in game PC screenshots. The gameplay videos we've seen so far have been very mediocre in terms of visual quality and very very far from the tech demo we saw last E3.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And... point being?

RotTR was a solid port. A few rough spots here and there, but nothing worthy of making people question Nixxes ability.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's spelled ripping.

And I'm not ripping the game at all. Just saying dx12 is coming too late for many. This will be a great game, no doubt.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's actually not that bad. I read that the DX12 patch is due to be released the 5th of September.

Edit - The piece of news where I read it has been removed :eek: so maybe something's going on there.

Edit2 - Found another one that still has this info http://w ccftech.com/no-deus-ex-mankind-divided-dx12-support-launch/

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The DX12 update is coming two weeks after release.
    Much, much quicker then DOOM's Vulkan update came out.

Also, you're making it sound as if it's an absolute certainty that the DX12 update will make the game incredibly better.
    DX12 has not been the savor to PC gaming so many thought it would be. And, at this point in time, I'm actually discouraged when I see a game is using DX12 simply because of the track record it's managed so far.

And, on top of that, a lot of people won't buy the game at release. They'll get it long after the DX12 update is coming out.

Mankind Divided will, for sure, be an amazing experience. But, it will be that experience no matter what.
    DOOM is an awesome game. But, it's awesome in OpenGL and Vulkan.
    DX12 isn't going to radically change the game and make it amazingly better.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Never said that DX12 will make it any better. Maybe it'll improve things slightly on AMD cards, I really don't care for DX12 atm, nothing much to see.

17. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500

Point being it was not a solid port. Tomb Raider (AMD game) was a solid port and ran great on my nvidia gpu after 1-2 patches released..

RoTTR (nvidias game) still runs poorly on AMD hardware. Which is not surprising at all. We all know what happens when Huang gets involved.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've been reading reviews and user opinions and ROTR is performing much better now on AMD hardware.
    A recent driver update even got 10% performance increase fur the RX480.

Hitman, another SE game still performs poorly on Nvidia hardware, is that the same thing you speak of?
    Should Nvidia users expect the same thing witg Mankind Divided since this is an AMD game,?

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If by any chance game performs better on AMD hardware even under dx11 then dx12 will probably be a disaster for Nvidia.

Let's wait and see.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's possible, it's using Glacier which in both Hitman games favoured AMD hardware.

I've also read it's using middlewere like Apex, PhysX and TressFX.

It's a reasonably low spec game so will probably run well for many, multi GPU support would be nice but probably unlikely.