Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. pittiez

pittiez Guest

GPU:
    680x2
    ddu does that, i had that happen the first time i tried it

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was gona install these then i heard report os black blotches on textures in in some games and flicker specially in swtor and see I mostly play swtor I guess i will pass on these

3. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Sorry man, Im on win 7 64 so I guess this is not the problem...going back to previous driver fixed the problem. Really weird, never ever saw such an incredible performance DROP in a game due to drivers, I do repeat, never EVER!!!!:flame:

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC

5. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Usually, you can just restart Afterburner and it corrects. It happens when installing new drivers sometimes and when AB is already running.

6. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I don't want to discount your situation, but I do feel like I should mention that I have the exact same videocard as you (Gigabyte G1 GTX 970) and I am not having the same problems. In fact, I have better performance in some stuff (like the stuttering in Vulkan Doom being gone!), and everything else either is running exactly like it was before or slightly better.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You may have forgotten but they do have 3GB versions of the GTX 580.

Put two of those in SLI, and 1080p is still possible in a lot of games.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Mini-HDMI-Lifetime-Warranty-03G-P3-1584-AR/dp/B004YJVUBG

Not that anybody would WANT to buy this NOW...but those who are on these setups from when they were Flagship material. They still have life in them.

the 1.5gb models? Not so much.

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yes, 100%. At least in my case it did. Micro-stuttering is gone in every game I've tried so far too that was having issues, and frame-pacing looks a lot smoother in DX12 (at least it does in Tomb Raider).

9. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Yeah, figured as much when I saw it happen on the fly. If AB always showed an incorrect value it could mean it's not properly compatible with the new driver, but since it went from correct values to incorrect ones before my very eyes, it looks like something must've happened driver side.

I've also had a very weird crash with Overwatch, I got a W10 notification telling me that "Application Overwatch.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware." Never seen one of these before. The game simply froze and I had to kill the process, it ran fine when I reopened it though.

ROTTR DX12 mGPU is also very unstable, but I don't know if the driver or the game should be blamed on that one.

10. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    This driver re-enables Titan x pascal 4 way sli

Awesome performance

11. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
  12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Several AMD users also have had the same problem with the Anniversary Update. I'd assume it might have to do with the OS not playing along nicely, not so much with the video card itself.

My mother's PC was freezing randomly with the Anniversary Update (clean install) at first, especially when copying files, error logs pointing towards HDD issues, which wasn't really the case. I disabled the BITS service and everything has gone smoothly since.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  13. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Yea the more posts I read it sounds like it's everyone who is on Windows 10 Anniversary struggling to get any drivers to install.

Not good for any of us and hopefully Nvidia can identify where the problem lies and work around or fix the issue - either that or we are stuck on our current drivers until Microsoft sort this out from their side :(

14. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Now that's interesting, I'll try disabling BITS on my Father's PC and running his backup to see if the READ I/O issue disappears, thanks for that info. Shame that isn't likely to get myself and many others the latest drivers able to install too! ;)

15. 580 1.5GB are just as strong as 3gb. Handles witcher 3 1440p greatly.

16. Addo

Addo Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix @2035 MHz
    I just like to mention that this driver enables Fast Sync selection for a multi-display configuration from the Nvidia Control Panel. It used to be restricted only to single displays even on Pascal GPUs (without the .dll modding, that is).

17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    From 560-590 pretty much all fine if the user willing to put down some settings.
    Here, 580 3GB vram handles every game at high-very high settings. I made a video with doom before. Seen Witcher 3 , fall out 4 and i play dying light, ROTT and so on.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    GTX580 is a 1.6 Tflops card. Its a shame it never got a dx12 support. It is a capable card despite people talking crap about it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  20. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Wanna buy a videocard AIB watercooler anyway, no more air cooling on cpu and gpu . For fun, i will put it on the gtx 580 to reach 1100-1200 mhz. Hope i got time for it.