Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Win7 64bit, I just briefly checked a few things.

1) I think this driver's DPC fix seems better than the hotfix. First time I'm seeing lows of 15us. Max of 420us after playing Doom.

2) Doom Vulkan uses newer 1.0.13 as already reported. I think control latency under vulkan has been improved. However, play first level and go into the cave areas with the green-post lights. Looks like I get short transparent horizontal green lines (up-to 3 of them?) when I walk past these lights, happens in OpenGL also, in-game rendering bug perhaps?

Nice to see Nvidia making some progress with Vulkan.

2. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    They finally let that ****ing dinosaur rot in hell where it belongs!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  3. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's nice to know because I loaded the game up yesterday for the first time since installing my GTX 1080 over the weekend and noticed that it was stuttering slightly but still maintaining 60 fps at maxed out 2560x1440 settings using Vulkan.

After testing at the same settings but 4K and disappointingly seeing some sub-60 fps dips I switched back to OpenGL 4.5 which ran much better at 60 fps, pretty much constant actually. Vulkan does seem to be a bit slower overall than OpenGL in my experience but that isn't really that surprising because DX11 games also seem to run better than DX12 ones in my testing, at least on my previous GTX 980 Ti. It might be different on the GTX 1080; need to do more benchmarks (Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, etc).

5. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Also, the control panel is smooth as butter. I change between "Change Resolution" and "Manage 3D Settings" and it's instant. Previously I've had ~2 secs lag.

(P.S. pfff! Now I see why, it doesn't load the "Program Settings" tab. It will do so when you press that tab and you'll get the loading thingy, but anyway ).

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I haven't played with it yet because it's disabled in my setup but from what I understand, say you're playing a game and you have a 60Hz G-Sync monitor. With V-Sync on, once you hit 60fps, V-Sync effectively turns on and you're capped at 60. The problem with this is that V-Sync adds a ton of input delay, especially at lower framerates like 60. It does this because the game waits for every full frame to be displayed before generating a new one.

Fast Sync decouples the game from the display. The display is still going to wait for full frames (so no tearing) but the game is going to render as many frames as it can regardless to what's occurring on the screen. This reduces input lag.

Fast Sync is more useful for displays at lower refresh-rates but systems capable of higher framerates. For example someone running a 4K monitor on a Titan X but playing a game like CS:GO. Even at 4K the Titan X is going to provide like 300fps in CS, but V-Sync is going to limit the game to 60, which creates input lag. Fast Sync on unlimits the game back to 300, but makes sure that every frame being drawn out to the screen is a full image and not half (so no tearing).

At 144Hz the input lag between V-Sync on and Fast Sync on is going to be less noticeable. From what I've read/heard Fast Sync is heavily game dependent too, some games just get stuttery/funky when it's enabled. It's kind of a niche feature but when it works it's nice.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    same on gtx950 and on gtx970 than previous release (wich is really good already)

8. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    nVidia Pixel Clock Patcher still don't work with these. nVidia changed something in the way the driver installs.

What are the advantages off driver model 2.1 over the 368.69 driver that I returned? Missing any good improvement?

9. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Thanks for the explanation

Mine is 1440P 144HZ, now it is Gsync on / Vsync On so when it reaches max 144FPS

Maybe i should try Gsync and FastSync at same time?

Tks again

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Downloading these now :)

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i can said the best driver on 2016. this is a 1st sign NVIDIA is back on track again.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Damnit! I thought we were going back to the good old days with "G-sync on" in NVCPL handled everything just as long as you had V-sync disabled in games. It so strange that you need to enable G-sync and V-sync in NVCPL and also in some games.

13. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    yeah because AMD is so perfect. or maybe you are moving to Intel iGPU? in any case, good luck on the other side

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    :bang::bang::bang:

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Driver causing system crash for me when playing Witcher 3 -__-

16. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Never mind

17. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Rise of the Tomb Raider maximum settings on 1920x1080 (including textures on very high) Windows 10 Pro x64 Anniversary Update with GeForce 372.54 drivers and NO GPU OC:

DX11: 74fps average
    DX12: 90fps average

Also Fallout 4 seem to work better (less stuttering)

I'm happy now :)

18. Atomicliver

Atomicliver Guest

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce4 GTX 970
    nvidia Inspector profiler crashes when I try to open it with these drivers, anyone else having this issue?

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Update inspector, latest works with it.

20. Atomicliver

Atomicliver Guest

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce4 GTX 970
    I do have the latest version (1.9.7.6.) installed, it throws an exception with this driver when I attempt to open it.