Quick review: Zalman Z-machine ZM-K650WP Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Heh was some time since I was a PS2 cable keyboard, seems like a solid device overall if you don't need the various extras and lighting that some of the other keyboards offer. :)
    (I'll have to check if it was mechanical or not but the price is pretty good if it is.)
    (EDIT: Membrane, still they're not bad or anything.)

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oh it cannot be mechanical for the sole reason that Cherry MX switches alone would be 50 USD at cost-price :)

The membrane keys feel pretty good though. Nothing wrong with that.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh wow I had no idea the key switches alone were priced that high.
    (I used membrane keyboards myself for many many years and yes they're usually good and durable too albeit now that I've switched to mechanical I do prefer those but yeah they cost a fair bit more even for more standard keyboard models but that explains things a bit then.)

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Don't seem to be able to find this anywhere. I need a new KB and am using a cheap ihome pos I got at work for less than 10$ in the mean time. And I dont' need an overpriced mechanical keyboard. Just one that is responsive, has anti-ghosting, doesn't feel like crap.

This seems to fit the bill.

6. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    Cherry's patent expired and there are quality MX switches like Gateron, Greetech and Kailh. There are quite a few boards in the $40 range that have Red type switches. Some with lighting. Mechanical keyboards are in the reach of pretty much anybody these days.

7. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    10USD max. I've bought equivalent surely not Zalman brand keyboard two years ago, which looks almost exactly the same, It's unknown brand. For 5USD. Also waterproof. I'm sure it will hold me 10+ years for the purposes such as chating or programming also some gaming. Neither my nor Zalman keyboard is really waterproof, so don't try it on purpose, because it's another marketing gimmick..

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah with water proof they probably mean something like smaller spills or stains, trying to submerge it in water or washing it off well you'll probably want it to be completely dry before plugging it back in. :D