The GTX 1080 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bugsixx, May 7, 2016.

1. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Hello 1080 owners,

My new toy just arrived ...how are the scores:
    [​IMG]
    And a qiuck FS run:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Just pushed some voltage and exceeded 8k Time Spy total:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Amazon are FINALLY delivering my almost two month-old EVGA GTX 1080 FTW card tomorrow. The weird thing is right up to when it was showing as Dispatching Now it was never showing an estimated delivery date and, in fact, was still listed as if they hadn't even received it!!! Not sure if anyone will be in tomorrow to receive it though but, hopefully, I will get it in time for weekend. Got this card for £600, which here in the UK is at least £80 less than what most e-tailers are currently listing the card for, including Scan, Overclockers and EBuyer.

Obviously, two months on the thrill of owning a new Pascal card has subdued somewhat but it was be nice to have a more capable card for the preferred 60 fps at 2560x1440 on maxed out settings that I like, oh and the extra 2 GB of VRAM. I just hope that the GTX 1080 Ti isn't announced next month... I will be right royally pissed if it is! :D

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The availability for Pascals is quite good at the moment. Especially for GTX 1070 but for some reason EVGA cards are scarce.

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Wish they'd announce that 1080 ti next month.

6. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Waiting for that as well hopefully...GTX 980Ti to 1080 just not worth it

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    @DStealth,

What brand/model did you get for the 1080, or is it FE? Either way, nice results. :)

8. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Specially if your running 980ti sli H20 lol :nerd:

9. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Palit JetStream 1080

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  10. Well it has kinda weird BIOS because your Afterburner shows max voltage as 1.112V which is 2 bins beyond maximum FE voltages even with maximum voltage offset.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I could cry... just missed out on getting my GTX 1080 today due to a dopey DPD driver who apparently could not be bothered to walk around to the back to my house to knock on the front door due to a locked gate to a private terraced housing block! Most other couriers, including DPD, have already parked around the back as parking on the main street is not advisable. There's always one and it's always when I am really looking forward to getting something! :(

Roll on tomorrow when they will attempt redelivery... or not!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  12. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    It's Asus XOC T4 BIOS flashed...no limits and 1.2v voltage allowed...actually i have no benefits after 1.1v...
    Here:
    [​IMG]

13. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    is someone experiencing problems with 1080,CSGO and multi display?

My friend has weird movement in csgo while streaming and while using OBS preview,chrome twitch chat and curse at second monitor.

With stream and everything open he has 70% cpu usage and 100-150fps in CSGO,without streaming and everything closed 250-400 and 35% cpu usage. Windows 10 64bit. It happends without and with anniversary upadate. Also mouse movement is crappy as hell, like sometimes microstuttering and cutting

i7 5820k, 16gb ddr4 quad channel,gtx1080,750W gold PSU, msi X99S gaming
    Asus 144hz 1440p monitor and secound one lg 21:9 2560x1080 60hz, drivers version 368. something (the newest from nvidia site), we will try 369.09 soon

we tried changing OBS encoders, playing with hardware accelerations, changing quality, playing with nvidia 3d options, tried all startup parametrs for CSGO and everything, disabled xbox dvr, we also deleted everything connected to telemetry and windows xbox apps, apps priority, high performance mode in nvidia and power options, we also updated whole drivers for motherboard,lan,chipset etc

the problem only occurs in CSGO, other games are working flawless.

Help please, monster PC and cant play CSGO for now :\

@edit : 369.09 same issue

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  14. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Well I gave up waiting for AMD to release a card worthwhile for an upgrade. Vega isn't coming till 2017. That's far to long to wait. Computer shop down the road had $160 off the EVGA 1080 FTW. I couldn't resist. Runs at 2100 60degrees and quiet as a mouse. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That sucks man. Hope you'll get your delivery today? At least you'll have the weekend to play.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My GTX 1080 FTW was finally delivered about 15 minutes ago by a very grumpy DPD man apparently but, who care about him, it's good times ahead for me. :D

Should be able to fit and test this card before No Man's Sky is released at 6pm here in the UK. Looking forward to testing the new card out thoroughly across the weekend, in particular those games that previously used all 6 GB of VRAM on my GTX 980 Ti.

By the way, if anyone wants to buy my EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC for £250 plus P&P costs as posted in the For Sale, Buy or Trade section then please PM me as I would ideally like to sell it as quickly as possible. Ta!

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You have a good card then as most of the ones I've seen being tested tend to only be stable to around 2,050 MHz.

I wonder what I will get out of mine? Curious to know what it will boost to out of the box without overclocking but just raising the power limit to its max?

Can't wait to get home and try it to be honest. Shame then that I have an afternoon at work to get through first! Roll on 5pm! I will be out of here like a shot! :D

P.S. Aren't there supposed to be some new drivers out from NVIDIA this week? I thought I someone on here mention that Tom Petersen from NVIDIA said they'd be out by Tuesday (9th)? No Man's Sky is out today so I would have expected a so-called Game Ready driver for that game.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Congrats on getting your card man.

I've been quite lucky with this card since it's perfectly stable above 2100 while my old MSI wasn't. I tried pushing it yesterday and 2152 seems to be too much for it since it crashes FireStrike.

You should most definitely start with raising PT. It's not uncommon that graphically intensive games hit the Power Limit which makes the card throttle down a little. No Man's Sky dont seem like a demanding game so I suppose your 1080 won't exactly sweat.

Afaik 369.09 is supposed to launch "officially" for all cards next tuesday (?).

Edit: AndyB says that a Game Ready Driver will launch next week.
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...cs-settings-4k-screenshots#comment-2833858039

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just unboxed my card now. Going to have my tea first then fit it straight after. This is my first custom graphics card; previously I'd always bought the reference cards due to them being cheaper. Ironically, the GTX 1080 FTW I bought was £20 cheaper than the official Founder's Edition RRP of £619 before even that when up to silly prices. Ebuyer, Scan and Overclockers are charging £680-£720 for this same card!!! Unbelievable really.

20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    You will be amazed at how quiet the ACX 3.0 cooler is and how cool the card runs. EVGA has done a stellar job on these cards. I'm loving mine.

I'm off to get a ROG Swift first thing this morning. Currently only have a 1080p panel and Doom runs at 200fps all maxed out. Insane :banana: