Review: Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2016.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

As above I would put H80 rad on exhaust part of the case,this should be better..

If you are using stock fans then swap for something less noisy,although H80 is on small side,I would have look on Swiftech H series(H320 x2 Prestige) or EK(EK Predator 360) should cool yours CPU and GPU together in one loop,EK releasing waterblock and Swiftech will release too sooner or later

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

2. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Thanks, will take a look :)

RE: H80 - yea, the default fan's are what you'd call noisy :p - guessing you mean to use the h80 as the exhaust? only reason I didn't do this is that isn't it then pulling hot air through the rad instead of cooler air from outside the case?

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Most of people running that and I've run that in past H80 on i7-920,yes I've mean using H80 as exhaust or if you have space on top of the case then I would put there H80

This can work in both ways as you are puling hot on GPU and MB and this can cause higher VRM temps on MB and higher CPU temps although I don't think this will cause lot higher temps

You can try to play with that as I've played with exhaust or puling the air and found in my case exhausting has been best for me there

In my case on mine,I've at exhaust part of case EVGA Hybrid AIO radiator with push/pull BeQuiet SilentWings 2 PWM fans

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

4. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    The thing to bear in mind is that the Most sensitive to temperature item in your PC case is actually your PSU. The warmer it gets the less efficient and less stable it can become.

Some cheaper non-main brand ones even crap out at only 40c intake air, surprisingly even some of the better branded ones really don't like even 50c...

That is part of the reason many newer cases give the PSU it's own dedicated external air intake, or place them in the bottom of the case, quite often semi isolated from the rest of the cases hotter areas.

More or less, the cooler it can be for the PSU the better ;)

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Corsair Carbide = the PSU is in the separate section of the case :)

Thinking I'll likely leave it as is for now, until I find something to cool the Titan with!

6. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    @Jura, while expensive compared to what a EVGA AIO would be, The EK Predator 360 looks really nice.

Apart from the GPU waterblock, what else would be required to fit it all together?

(Apologies, this is not my area!)

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out - I'll decide when the blocks have been produced (pre-order only until the 16th) - and see if there's any news from EVGA.

Ideally, EVGA would be my go-to as the cost would be half, and I've been happy with the hybrid's before - but I do half fancy the EK Predator! - we'll see what happens in the next few weeks or so....

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

If you will go with EK Predator then you will need EK QDC pre-filled waterblock for EK Predator I think,not sure if normal EK waterblock would fit or would be compatible,due this I would wait a bit

Agree this option will be expensive there,but you will gain with better cooling for CPU and GPU and mainly EK will lot quieter than Corsair too

Second option is go with Swiftech X320 X2 Prestige plus waterblock and few fittings and tubing and you ready to go there,with this you should have similar results too or maybe better if you will add one extra radiator(280mm or 240mm) for better cooling,with this option I'm thinking to go there as next step,my current cooling H100i is simply not enough for i7 5820k at 4.5GHz/4.6GHz where temps go though the roof,for i7-4790k OC to 4.7GHz or 4.8GHz has been enough my H100i v2

Regarding EVGA Hybrid AIO,I'm currently running this on Titan X(previous generation),that pump on EVGA Hybrid AIO is loud or louder than I thought so,temps are OK,in some situations and games or rendering temps are very good,I'm thinking go with Swiftech route for now or full custom WC loop

And sorry for for Off topic guys

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks,Jura

8. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Nice review, ordered my Titan after reading it.

I am very happy with my corsair H110 GT AIO on cpu and I don't feel like replacing it.
    I wish EK would make a AIO just for GPU.
    I will wait for EVGA hybrid. If this will not make me happy, then I will invest in the EK stuff.

9. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Thank you Jura.

(and sorry to everyone else for the slight off-topic!)

This :) Going to do the same. See what happens as the EK blocks arn't ready yet anyway.

If a hybrid appears I may do that - otherwise EK.

What do people make of the NZXT GK10 Braket?

10. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    That Kraken G10 White would look cool in my Corsair Graphite 760T White.
    Thx for mentioning it.
    Corsair has HG10 (I see they are all going with 10 here :D)
    I will probably not wait for EVGA since these are available already and are compatible with the previous Titan X and should work with Titan XP as well, unless Nvidia actually changed something that would make them incompatible.
    I think I will try either Kraken G10 with a Kraken X31 or Corsair HG10 with H80i v2.

11. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    EDIT: Jura, I did it :)

Got myself a Predator on the way, (sadly only 240 - as the 360 won't fit in my case - but its the QDC version) - along with a EK Nikel Titan X block on order with pre-fill and QDC's.

Anything I've missed haha? <3

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  12. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Reply from NZXT btw:

Hello,

We have yet to get our hands on the Pascal cards. So we are unsure weather the G10 will work with this GPU.

we will have more info once the testing is complete.

Dominic Fragoso -
    NZXT.

13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Be sure you are bought right QDC pre-filled waterblock for Titan X Pascal as I'm not sure if Titan X(Maxwell) will fit Pascal

I'm looking forward on yours results as still think 240mm radiator can be small for CPU and GPU,320 or 360mm should be better choice

You will see,do they have 280mm version ?

I think you can fit in yours case 360mm radiator in front there,clearance can be issue,but should fit if its not too thick,have look on this

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/corsair_carbide_air_540_review,8.html

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

14. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Didn't see a 280 version, only 240. Should be "ok" touch wood. I checked the compatibility via EK - the 360 will fit but only by bending the HD bays - so I decided against it.

Block is the Titan X Pascal Version - Expected Friday next week (Tuesday shipping). the Predator due tomorrow so I'll install that first!

Results will follow after everything has arrived.

15. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Thx for the info, I will wait for their confirmation.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

You will see there,240mm radiator for OC CPU and GPU,not sure,I would try speak with EK regarding this and mainly I would ask over on OCN regarding this there

http://www.overclock.net/t/1566468/ek-predator-club-discussion-thread

I would add extra 240mm radiator at least and maybe extra pump with reservoir if I would do that which I'm planning too on mine to do

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

17. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    After some more consideration I have decided to jump in the EK boat as well, Predator 360 will be my purchase. Titan XP deserves the best cooling :D
    I am currently waiting for a reply from EK support because I have some questions about the parts that I need.

18. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    If you buy direct from EK then you can pay +20 euros or so to get the GPU block pre-filled with QDC which clips onto the predators QDC - nothing extra required. (This is what I've done - expected Friday next week).

Predator arrives today.

19. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Yeap, buying from EK.
    I will get the pre-fill option.
    I just don't know what else I need, besides the waterblock, backplate, reservoir.
    I have asked them for this info.
    I do not know if I have to fill the reservoir or with what liquids or what accessories are needed for the reservoir.
    I am sure they will be able to answer.

20. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    If its the predator 360, isn't that the complete kit? Pre-filled etc.

I've not ordered a backplate currently - may add that in the future.