Review: Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    How's the input lag on the screen? Looks beautiful. I'm saving all my lunch money for a new 4K screen as well.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I would also recommend a DataVac Duster blower or something similar, it would make those rig shine in 10-15 minutes. It's a shame to have such expensive and performing hardware look like a homeless person's, sorry lol. :O

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    This week, on things that matter quite little:

The card is named stupidly.

Why not Titan 10 (series, followed by Titan 11) or something that distinguishes it from previous generations?

(great review, HH) :nerd:

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Just to add some more feedback, on my 43" M series (4K), input lag is great for a TV (the nicer, Vizio P series has similar lag numbers). It's not great at all compared to my (or any) 144hz monitor, though. Overall, the gaming experience on a Vizio HDTV is fair to good, better than most TV brands and for the price, it can't be beat.

4K looks amazing. :nerd:

5. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I bought a Dell U2711 1440 in September 2010 (don't ask how much, just re-found the invoice) so I'm good & ready for 4K gaming but not on a half-arsed basis so, like several others, I sat up for the 1st time when looking at the Titan X gaming performance. Leaving the whole much commented upon costs issue aside with all the 1080 cards, let alone Titan X, I'm thinking perhaps I will be able to finally go to a single card set-up?
    An overclocked water-cooled Titan X using the EK water blocks 'might' be powerful enough.
    I had triple water-cooled GTX 580's then air cooled SLI EVGA 780's so the appeal of a single card without driver issues is obvious.
    Otherwise, I will wait for Hilbert's review of the 1080 Ti's and stay with SLI. NVidia have no real competition and paying £1,500 for two of the custom 1080's annoys me as much as it clearly does everyone else. It seems that I will be going from paying £1,000 for the two OC EVGA 780's 3 years ago to £1,500 for two EVGA (or similar)1080's?
    I know the £ has weakened against the $ but for fracks sake.........
    And thank you Hilbert for this great review and for all the overtime you have been putting in recently.

6. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Never seen a component have as much sh1t growing out of it after less than a week looks like its not been cleaned for years & why use what looks like 1920x1080 desktop on a 4k screen ???.

7. Zogger67

Zogger67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC @1680 MHZ
    Great review, but for me to expensive, i think i will buy later a second GTX1070, but very nice the new TitanX Pascal.

8. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Poor guy, he shares pictures of his rig and now we're all giving him cleaning tips!

If possible, best to keep computers off the floor but I appreciate that sometimes people put them on the floor for either space or visual reasons. My gaming rig is on the same table as my monitor etc so attracts less dust inside. I also keep a cloth over the top when it's off as I have a Corsair H100 AIO radiator in the top of the Corsair 650D case so plenty of holes for the dust to find a way in.

I use one of the cleaning attachments with my Dyson, wifey did ask me why I bought so many attachments with it :) She also would like me to use the hoover to clean more than just my computers & hi fi..........

9. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    The Ti model is going to be really interesting. :nerd:

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Mine is also next to my monitor. My setup is also in my living-room and with 2 boys running around I actually find it a great incentive to vacuum the whole room. Makes PC last longer before needing a clean as well.

The microfiber cloth is really great for wiping surfaces and the PC case. Also, great for things like SSD drives and bays where it's harder to clean if using a vac. As soon as I start seeing 70c+ temps I know it's about time to do another clean.

11. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Actually the Vizio P Series has top of class marks for low input lag (as far as TVs go...) I think it is around 19ms in gaming mode. As far as I can tell it is excellent.

12. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Ha! No worries! It is the truth after all... I have 3 gaming rigs in my house (I always keep my hardware when upgrading and just filter it into the previous rigs. I sell off some of thee older stuff but always keep 3 fully equipped rigs in the house... I have 3 kids and it helps to cut down on fighting! LOL!!!) And I don't always keep on top of dust busting. Going forward I guess I should though...

13. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    The pictures in the second post are of the GTX480 that is did a hybrid cooling setup on. I was able to use the front cooling plate in that instance and utilize the fan. I also use a piece of acrylic to allow the air to flow to the back. I don;t think there is any signs of anything "growing" on my Titan XP though.... Those are the pictuers with all the small heat sinks attached to the card. AND... Windows 10 resizes everything based on resolution so that is why it appears that the desktop looks like 1080p. It is a feature that can be turned off but I like it. Even though it is a 70" display I don't sit 1ft away form the screen (about 6ft...) so tiny icons wouldn't work very well).

14. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    It' funny you say that. In person the systems don't look as bad (no even close really... god damn flash!) as they do in those pictures. And when I imported the pics to my computer and looked at them on screen I said to myself "Damn that looks like ****!" lol... I figured I would show them anyway as I said I would earlier in the day, and I didn't feel like doing an entire cleanup to have to re-take the pictures! I had just got home from work and I was kinda tired! Anyway the main objective was to show you guys the Titan XP running on water and the temps I was able to achieve. I'm not too sensitive to criticism and the reality is that the people commenting are right. I really should do a better job cleaning out the various computers in my house! But the system running the Titan XP wasn't too bad, just messy (I haven't finished putting everything back together properly yet. I got my cars on Wednesday prepped it Wednesday night, installed it LATE Thursday night and took pictures after getting off work Friday. I works during the day and I have 3 kids and a Wife! I have more to do then just tinker with my PC's! LOL!) and I will finish that job this weekend. Anyway thanks for the consideration!

15. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    I also have two dogs... And three kids... So I win! lol... jk... I hear you though.

16. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    My rig isn't as impressive :( - but, to join in with the screenies, my non-modified Titan X - hopefully not for long....

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Sweet man! I just finished putting the original block all back together for safe keeping (possible RMA???). Anyway, these new covers/coolers Nvidia are using sure are convoluted! I mean the top is in three separate pieces and the back plate is in two! Add to that the actual Vapor Chamber and it's like a damn puzzle! LOL! Anyway, hopefully Hilbert shares with us the results of the version of Afterburner with unlocked voltages for Titan XP soon! That is the lat piece in really telling how far we can push this baby. I torture tested my water cooled version last night and with an OC of 2075MHz core and 11200MHz memory I was able to sustain a maximum of 44C for about an hour! It never went higher. I know better GPU blocks have been made since the ancient 8800GTX version I am using but considering my water loop is designed for 2 GPU's a CPU and Northbridge (remember those!!! lol...) the cooling it is giving me is quite respectable. I am just glad I didn't have to spend another $200 CDN on a new full cover water-block! The Titan already cost me $1836 CDN (tax and shipping included)!!! Mind you when I bought my 2 GTX980 Poseidons they were around $1700 (after tax, no shipping) so in reality minus the $80 for shipping on the Titan XP it only cost me $50 more... And I no longer have to worry about SLI and what games support it! Overall I am quite happy with the card. And with over-voltage around the corner hopefully there is still more performance to be had with this beast!

18. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    IMO, Install that H80 either at the back exhaust or top exhaust. As it is right now, you'll be dumping all that heat into your case first and then having it pulled out by other fans.

Congrats on the TX(P)!

19. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    they probably recommend it that way because the H80 is a little weak on cooling (if you have a hot type OC'd CPU) and many people's cases don't really have the airflow they should. That way it is more likely not to spin it's fans up too much struggling to cool the CPU and more likely to make the customer feel better about their "quiet" upgraded cooler. Else they can get pretty noisy for what they are.

20. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    What fan curves are people using? (If stock cooling).

Just woundering, my cruve takes me to 70% at 1747 Mhz to keep it under 85deg

Also, while I'm at it, IF I can't get a AIO - what basic, "hard to **** up" water cooling setup would be required? Only time I've ever used one I used a thermaltake all in one reserviour i think, can't remember the exact name, big water? or something.

Also, yes, I'm always second guessing where I've placed the H80 - the reason it's their currently was because 2 radiators of my Hybrid 980 Ti's were taking up the rest of the slots :p - so if i get a AIO for the titan, it'll change again.

Speaking of which, AIO wise, where would be the best place?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016