Review: Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Nice ! Share some photos :) Voltage tweaking is in the works with AfterBurner, I hope to test with an internal beta pretty soon.

2. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Excellent! That is GREAT news. And ya, I'll take pics when I get home. I now wish I had taken pics while I was doing the work! It was a real pain in the bag getting coverage for all of the various chips that need cooling on that board! And some are so low to the board that I had to deal with possibly shorting out some SMR and SMC's! but I found a decent solution... I ended up gluing a very thin foam rubber on top of the components that could possible be shorted by the copper and aluminium heat sinks I was using... You'll see in the pics!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  3. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Great news and very interesting to hear your H20 experience KingK.

I will definitely be looking to change the cooler on mine - however, I will try and get a AIO I think.

4. RotatingFan

RotatingFan Guest

GPU:
    corsare
    mm

For what is essentially maxwell on speed the price tag is kind of disgusting and about $400 over priced.
    This is a $800 card NOT $1200 this is pure milking the nvidia fan base and im amazed nvidia havent alienated you all.
    I know one thing you wont see me buying this card because its sets a bad president and without limitations the price increase will continue.
    This isn't costs this is pure greed,
    If people do buy and they see it sells in the year 2020 i see the top cards selling for 2 grand,
    Who will be to blame ?
    YOU !

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    No one is saying it isn't over priced. As someone who bought it - I'll be the first to say yes, it is.

I'll also say that it will continue to be that way whether I bought one or not - as its simply a matter of no competition at the high end currently. Once AMD catches up - things will become more competitive.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Show me proof that you've ever bought any Titan and I'll believe you. Otherwise, just chatting s***.

7. RotatingFan

RotatingFan Guest

GPU:
    corsare
    You brought one well done good job amazing just great signal your advertising.
    Its ok to hike the price its fine we will obey and pay.
    Mean wile his laughing at you and for what a few extra frames.

8. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    If I wanted to leave SLI yet retain most of the performance it was and is my only option.

That is the reason I bought one.

Prices will always go up and down, and currently they are UP due to no competition from AMD on the high end.

9. RotatingFan

RotatingFan Guest

GPU:
    corsare
    Is it worth it ?
    Who cares what its dx11 performance is thats the past.
    Nvidia is linear and AMD is nonlinear and thats the simple explanation why AMD does so much better than nvidia in dx12 and vulkan and nvidia do so much better in dx11
    Future API are what count and this cards vulkan and dx12 performance is a joke for its price.
    This is a $800 card NOT $1200 this is pure milking and in doing so have alienated all their nvidia followers.
    It time nvidia gave a little back dont you think instead of taking taking taking.

10. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    For me - Yes.

That's all that matters.

If its a "no" for you, and a no for 99.9% percent of everyone else, that's fine too.

11. RotatingFan

RotatingFan Guest

GPU:
    corsare
    You are only hurting yourself.
    what will the price be next year ? and the year after ?
    and the year after that.
    The prices have got out of hand now.
    Im not talking about this card anymore i find it repulsive and offensive.

12. Finisterre

Finisterre Guest

GPU:
    NV
    Get another paper round.

13. RotatingFan

RotatingFan Guest

GPU:
    corsare
    You are missing the point.
    if i was a millionaire the price would still repulse me.
    Its the principle of the price not the lack of money.

14. RotatingFan

RotatingFan Guest

GPU:
    corsare
    Would you pay £10 for a ham sandwich ?

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No Titan thread is complete without a consumer warrior. Good job there RotatingFan. :wanker:

16. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Everyone can have their own opinions, but you are forcing yours onto everyone else? Titans have always been popular for markets other than just gamers. The best thing about them is that they are often used for rendering or scientific purposes but can also double as a gaming card. Price is subjective to everyone, and if you don't like it, simply state your opinion and dismiss yourself, no need to start getting extremely defensive.

Nothing is ever "too expensive" if demand for it remains higher than supply.

17. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    If you want to start talking about milking start to talk about the $1500 Radeon Pro Duo. Just don't talk about Nvidia ....

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

19. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Although Nvidia is slightly behind in DX12 performance (with Pascal they have made MAJOR gains!) You can't deny the benchmarks. And if you look at the results on the link I have attached http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_titan_x_pascal_review,26.html then you will see that trying to say that Nvidia isn't doing well in DX12 is simply not true. Even the 980Ti is only SLIGHTLY behind the Fury X (Titan XP +165%, GTX1080 +134%, GTX1070 +111%, Fury X 100%, Titan XM -99.9% and GTX980Ti -97.6%...) and with the amount of OCing room left in Nvidias cards then the lead AMD has is nullified. I mean even the $349 GTX1070 womps the Fury X in DX12! Remember Async compute isn't the only feature of DX12.... And now the Pascal supports it your argument has no weight.

[​IMG]

20. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    But Nvidia does not take, the customers give.