No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I'm thinking if the game was smaller and more chance of meeting other player's would be good, fight or friend.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Even the idea of exploring is good to me. It can satisfy me.even A minecraft like experience in space theme sounds good for me. I am really hyped. Pre-ordered ps4 version.

3. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    Well if the game DOES turn out to be a disappointment, you gotta laugh at that clown who supposedly paid $1,300 for a copy because he didn't have the patience to wait just one week for the bloody thing! He clearly has way more money than sense. :giggle2:

Personally, I'm really looking forward to it.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    wait a second there. somebody paid that amount to play it earlier? how? where to sign ? :nerd:

5. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
  6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    We all like exploring but to what end? Just seems a bit dull if there is no all overall purpose.

7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Dude you will just have to buy it and see for yourself......put your nuts on the line and experience it first hand to make a decision.

Don't rely on others because people, like Kisshot and myself, will rave on and on because its a gametype (or a type of gameplay) they are keen on but you still wont be convinced or swayed because you knew some were hyped well before release.

If the game holds even a slight interest for you for gods sake try it....the fact you patrol this thread regularly makes me think you have, at least, a mild interest in the game (as much as you try to deny it).....if i'm wrong then no amount of reviews from other people should change your mind....I mean even the bestest 10/10 reviews of the latest Civ game aint ever gonna make me buy it.

Steam have a refund policy for people such as yourself....you have nothing to lose.

Ps if you do get it I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you....lol :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    GoGs 30 day refund policy. trumps steams.

Pretty sure i saw no mans on their sales page.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not necessarily.
    Hype is a double edged sword. Just because people are hyped before release.... doesn't mean they will love it when they get it.
    Disappointment is a huge by product of hype. It can got multiple ways.

And if the game really is as massive as the developers claim it is, the two hour limitation on the Steam refund policy isn't really enough time to be able to make up your mind. :)

Besides, I'm not waiting for feed back from the people who were beyond excited for it.
    I'm waiting for the response from people who were on the fence about it. Those kind of interested but unsure... but still bought it.

10. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    *throws hands up* bah whatever .....if you need other people to make your mind up for you so be it....have fun still being disappointed tho......the time you spend trawling forums for other peoples thoughts could be better spent actually trying the game yourself.....only then will you truly know.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm sorry you see it as trolling.
    But, I can't simply drop the money blindly on a whim whenever I want. I live on a budget, and every game purchase is planned for and budgeted for.

There's nothing wrong with using the resources out there to help inform my decision. And, a forum is a resource. There you can get straight word of mouth from people playing the game.
    Not skewed, paid for and overly biased reviews. But, years here... I can read feedback from players here. Knowing their history, what they've liked and not liked. How they feel about it.
    And that's information I can use to help me decide if a game is worth more attention, a sale price... or to simply drop it and leave it for good.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

xD

13. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    My bad spelling......trawling was what I meant lol

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    :)
    No harm no foul.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    So the goal is to reach the center of the Universe which I am guessing means planets get harder and harder and you need to level up or tech up as it were?

This all seems rather hazy which would suggest to me be very carefull in whether to purchase or not.

So I think am with Damien on this.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Apparently the creatures you come across also get stranger the closer to the center you go.

I wonder if there will be like xenomorph looking aliens haha

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Apparently that was from a test build.

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Steam has a refund policy. If it doesn't grab me in the first two hours i will refund it.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    https://www.twitch.tv/010011100101010001010010

Long story short - Elite D for the casual gamer. if you own Horizons, then you pretty much own NMS already. Only real diff is the aesthetics and Elite....i cant believe im saying this, has more content/things to do.

A new contender for mile wide inch deep has arrived.

Will pick it up when its under $25ish.

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Not really. Horizons has lifeless planets...actually more like moons.