No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I'm really amped for this title.

Busy playing Starbound and loving it. What an awesome game.
    Will keep me distracted till NMS launch.

3. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I am not impressed so far...

4. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    I am.....

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *hugs you*

Soon brother.... soon.

*wipes tear from eye*

6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    lol, game isn't launched yet and you aren't impressed.

7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Dem feels.....

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This is hilarious :funny:

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Why's that funny?

Most people buy games because they are excited or interested. And that interest comes from being impressed with the game through videos, previews and interviews.

And, people don't buy games because they are not impressed with what has been shown before release.
    Plenty of games I ignored because the pre-release footage did no impress.

And, I'm right there with him. Game just looks... boring.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Something must have piqued your interest for you to keep coming back to this thread, although, again, I find it strange that you keep commenting about how you are not interested.

Wouldn't it be better for you to not waste your time with something you are not interested in?

There are lots of threads for video games I am not interested in, I do not comment in them, or even look at those threads because they do not interest me, that makes sense right?

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Anyone interested with ps4 version ? Pc version does have any of only features? Physx etc? Dx12?

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I was more interested before the leaks, I will probably buy it pre owned,

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    No details yet.. I really want to know this too, they haven't shared much about the PC specific features other than the minimum specs.

Processor: Intel Core i3
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: nVidia GTX 480

Inteweztin...

[​IMG]

From here https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4w13k3/nms_coop_playstation_official_magazine_uk/

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Mouse and keyboard will certainly help with shooting those rocks, ;) yeah KissShot I am gonna keep this one going mate ;) beyond that from what I;ve seen the PC doesn't seem to be offering a great deal over the PS version. I may actually go with the PS4 version just for the sake of being able to share stuff with my mates.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Internetz will crush them if the game is bugged or bad ^^ Wouldn't wanna be in their shoes if that happens.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Maybe I'm still holding out hope that at some point, I'll understand the interest.

There have been plenty of games in the past that I had zero interest in at first. But, I kept discussing them... and even voicing my feelings on them, continued following them.
    After a while I felt I got enough feedback and information from people that I could really "get" what they were about.

That's what I'm hoping for here.
    With NMS... I don't "get" it. Nothing about the game has ever looked interesting to me. The idea of exploring a procedurally generated galaxy... a game that you could play for a lifetime. Does nothing for me.

But, I follow the thread... hoping at some point people will put something out there to shows me what the game really is. But, nobody has really done that.
    A lot of the pre-release stuff is all about how massive the game is. The leaked gameplay footage... 30 minute videos of a guy walking around shooting rocks.
    And when I ask (on multiple places, not just here) I either get ignored or people bashing on me because I'm not in love with the game.

I continue to post and read the thread in the hopes that something will make the game stand out to me.
    I always hope for every new game to be awesome.
    There are titles I will always ignore because of the genre or style of them. Knowing full well I will never enjoy that kind of game. But, game's in a genre I can enjoy, when I don't see the interest... I'm curious.

So, yes, I do say I'm not interested... or that I don't get it.
    But, I'm also hoping someone will be able to take the time at some point and really dive into the game and offer some insight.
    Instead of just telling me that if I don't like it I shouldn't comment. :)

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Have I missed something but it's an open world space/combat/explore with massive amounts of things to do and randomly created worlds.

But if it's all random where's the stucture? I mean exploration and building new stuff is great I love it. Probably that side of things interests me more than actual combat...

However what's the overal mission? If you catch my drift...are their rival fedeations/aliens etc?

Just because it can wow in certain areas it could fall flat because after you have done x planets where's the immersion/fun to be had?

Something like oblivion was great because u had the plot to go back to.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but i heard the point of the game is to get to the center of the universe.

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I was just reading an old article on Kotaku that was a partial interview with Sean Murray and by his description the game seems to have no plot. I'm waiting for other players reviews and critiques on the game as I feel I'm in the same boat as Damien_Azreal, the game hasn't really held my interest. All the same I keep tracking it just to see if something changes and causes that "wow" factor in order for me to purchase. If you want to read the article, here it is, http://kotaku.com/what-no-man-s-sky-is-1592766016.

20. Darman89

Darman89 Guest