[Official] Windows 10 - Redstone 1 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    anyone knows the dism command to reinstall the quick assist app?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I updated to the Anniversay build 14393.10 last night via the Windows Update, like everyone will do, and, unfortunately, I still have the Windows Store permissions error when installing or updating any of its apps/games located on my H: drive. The only way to resolve this issue is to move the affected apps/games back to my C: drive and then change the Storage location for apps back to C:. That would not be an issue if I had a 512 GB or 1 TB SSD but my SSD is only a 256 GB one and I do not have sufficient space on it for large games such as Quantum Break which uses 67 GB alone!!!

I have created an ISO and USB drive of the latest build of Windows though using the Media Creation Tool so I think I have no choice at this point but to install a clean copy of Windows and see if the issue still exists (and it may even fix the bizarre issue I have with my PC stalling at the BIOS screen if I have USB hard drives connected to the front USB 3.0 ports of my case). If that still does not work then I will at least know that it isn't an issue with the installation. If it does then I can decide whether to keep the clean version (which means losing all my installed programs and games) or whether to restore v1511 (but keep the boot block and MBR/partitions set up my Windows from the clean install). I might as well go with the clean install since it looks like I'd have to restore Windows anyway.

Not really sure why this issue is happening with the Store as it does not happen at all on v1511 as I've checked numerous times, installing Store apps/games to my H: drive, even my K: one, and moving them to C: and back to H: or K:.. No problems at all in v1511 but it fails with error 0x80070005 in v1607. It's almost as if the Windows update has corrupted my profile and/or security permission settings. :3eyes:

4. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    Updated to Anniversary build by downloading ISO with Media Creation Tool and then creating bootable USB and DVD so as to be able to do clean install when required.

All seems good but am unable to delete the Windows.old folder with Disk Cleanup. I did check the "Previous Windows Installatios" running the first Disk Cleanup but the ".old" folder is still there and the "Previous Windows Installation" is no longer present when running "clean up system files".

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

The $WINDOWS.~BT folder was removed okay.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Taking ownership and giving yourself full permissions, and then booting into safemode to delete can work sometimes

Others use CCleaner successfully

But if it says files are in use when you try to delete it, you'll need to boot into the recovery options and delete it via CMD (Or any other method not inside of Windows, like live Linux etc)

Happens to me sometimes, windows.old drivers are left hardlinked to the current windows install and windows sees them as active

6. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    If you are stuck trying to rid of $WINDOWS.~BT use the following reg key entires

TakeOwnership.

Use NotePad++ Create Reg key on desktop and enter the following

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

Save And the run and Merge with you current registry now you are able to delete this folder.

RemoveTakeOwnerShip

Use NotePad++ Create Reg key on desktop and enter the following

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]

Run and Merge with current Registry

Hope this helps.

7. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    If you want to block Cortana and all the telemetry Spybot has a Handy Tool HERE

Dont use if you are using the online login. Only use if you are using a LOCAL acc.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Same issue after upgrading my Surface Pro 3. I guess it is not a causality...

PS: Windows Ink is amazing on a pen tablet.

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Well the update has not appeared in windows update yet for wife's rig. So went the get it now approach. Will not let me upgrade. It errors out with error 0x80070057. Looking at the log it produces, it is a result of a file not being able to be decrypted. Some individuals have posted about this but so far the only way to bypass this error that works is to create a bootable usb with the new iso. Changing the registry setting under UX did not work. Time to cry in my milk.

10. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Not sure if you can re-install the single app.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

this re-installs all the apps. Via Powershell

11. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Do an inplace update keeping all your files and progs.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Going back to services, I see a few new ones, some are locked in service.msc, they all seem to have a "2d03e" at end of name.
    Searching, not much info on these.

CDPUserSvc_2d03e (not locked, manual-running)
    PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_2d03e (locked, manual-running)
    MessagingService_2d03e (not locked, Manual-not running)
    OneSyncSvc_2d03e (not locked, automatic delayed-running)
    UserDataSvc_2d03e (locked Manual-running)
    UnistoreSvc_2d03e (locked manual-running)
    WpnUserService_2d03e (locked manual-running)

I guess these are why i am seeing more processes running, have to see if find more info on these, Like I have sync disabled in setting i wonder if connected to Onesync one.

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Thank you. One can run the upgrade from within windows as an inplace upgrade like you said. It's the only way that has shown to consistently work. Only thing can think of is that MS needs to fix something with the "get it now" installer otherwise.

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It is not a UWP application. In fact it comes as a DISM package, like graphics tools.

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Here they are! the _xxxxx value always change after system restart.

16. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Sorry pal thought the QA was a windows app.

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am not following you or your just kidding around .
    I guess you could edit it in reg under start value .

I guess I will wait till more info is out on these.

No big deal, I just hate seeing more back-ground processes running for no reason.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have that on my VM install too, thought I didnt realy cheack beyond that

I have 48ish on startup in 1511, didnt not how many I had on VM install, though, when I do upgrade on my base machine I will keep an eye on how many more, But I did notice more services and more running in redstone

19. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Am I the only one with UAC issues after updating from any build? Run as admin doesn't work anymore and the uac popup is buggy. Also right click on start button to open something like cmd as admin won't work anymore.

This happens everytime I update to a newer build, since those early win10 insider builds. So I have to make a clean install everytime...

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I well UAC works and pops up correctly for me on my VM install, Only Issue I see is it is randomly not being displayed as ALWAYS on top meaning it get disaplayed behind the explorer windows