Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 2, 2015.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    True, which is why we'll probably never know. So to put all the blame on one or the other is just speculation.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Which is why I put blame on all involved.

Everyone shares responsibility.
    WB for outsourcing the PC version to a company not experienced enough to do the job properly. Iron Galaxy for the lackluster job they did.

I would throw Rocksteady in there for not handling the PC port themselves. But, since Rocksteady have openly said many, many times that they are a console focused studio. And the PC version of Arkham City had issues at release... there's no telling how much "better" their PC version would've been.
    And, at least Rocksteady picked up the slack and fixed what Iron Galaxy did.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thought id test this out with the 970.

Constant 60fps when standing on top of one of the tallest structures you can get up on.

Maxed at 1080p with smoke\fog and debris set to off, though im struggling to see what the lightshafts setting actually does besides make the helicopters spotlight visible from side on.

Well attempt to play this again (on easy. just so I dont end up using my controller as a makeshift batarang).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I also only play it on easy or normal, everything else requires too much training to get into the chained attacks & stuff. The Batman games are great but they dont hold my interest for longer than 2 days then i'm back to GTA or Skyrim lol

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You can turn the Enhanced Lightshafts off.
    They don't really add anything visually to the game, but can knock your performance down with a minimal visual change.

On my 970, I use the Enhanced Rain... ignoring the other enhanced effects. As I think the smoke looks ugly.
    I've got textures, detail and shadows maxed. But, also set the MaxFPS to 90. As the (it might be fixed now) MaxFPS setting of 60 used to cause odd dips, but using 90 did not.

Only issue, using the FPS setting of 60 or 90 causes the physics effects for clothing to spaz out a little. Nothing horrible, but they jiggle more then they should.
    As they were coded for the FPS setting of 30.

After the large patch and several follow up patches, the PC version is very stable and really great.
    Turning off motion blur, film grain and chromatic aberration... the game looks insanely gorgeous.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks, Ill turn Lightshafts off. What a pointless setting.

Yeah the smoke/fog and debris setting...eh, would've preferred if these games had jsut stuck with Havoc or some such rather than be the test bed for Nvidias tech.

Whateves though.

The 60 fps lock seems to be fixed now, i still have it at 90 as it still feels smoother but that could be a placebo.

Anyone know how to get reshade to work with this? Getting crashes with 0.18 and 0.19, the latest version (2.0) wont let me use more than one setting (Say tonemapping and dpx, for eg) as it gives me some red text error message in the top left of the screen...something about shared.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vsync was broken for me, alt-tabbing fixed most of my stuttering so if you're observing some issues like that just give it a try.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Noticed this also, im getting it in a lot of games as of late.

Performance aside...Questions:

• Did i download the joke version of BAK?...two words: Airship Stability.
    • This is not happening...this cannot be the correct version of the game that im playing. Is there a directors cut available?

Who thought that this was remotely an acceptable use of the digital entertainment format! Riddler missions aside, the batmobile can suck a phat one....

Airship stability...

i actually had to leave the room to take a moment to come to terms with the most likely theeeee most appalling gameplay ive ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I was laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes.

Ahahaha What is this ****!

I thought the batmobile sections and the controls of the batmobile was bad (why is right trigger accelerate, but x button reverse?!?) , but this is, this game is an illogical mess.

And people have the share audacity to crap on Origins, which imo, is easily the best Batman game since Arkham Asylum.

Edit: MAD MAX...reviewers gave that less of a score than this tripe....!

Edit 2: Seriously. The batmobile sections in the ps2/xbox Batman Begins game were better than this!

Edit 3: Were you even trying, Rocksteady? You cant seriously expect me to believe batman cat fit through this gap http://imgur.com/OSfvS3k . I mean, hes on them gains, but he aint that wide.

FYI, the game will not let you through this gap.:3eyes:

I just... i dont understand. I this some sort of punishment for purchaisng this game? Did i piss somebody off at WB? Did the Waffen SS take over WB Headquarters?

Edit 4: Anyone got some good tips on how to self harm to take away the real pain? Ahahahaha... this game is garbage.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I like Arkham Knight.
    In honesty, I prefer it over City. Yes, the batmobile is tedious at times... specially with how they crammed it into everything. Specially the Riddler trophies.

And, the Arkham Knight character himself... was a letdown. I guessed who it was shortly after first meeting him. And then, I was disappointed.
    But, the game itself is gorgeous. And the story is really great. I loved the dynamic between Scarecrow and Batman, and the inclusion of the Joker.

I felt a lot of the side stuff felt more fleshed out this time as opposed to just gliding around, blow up canister, follow phone call...
    The game does have it's share of just "gamey" bits like the airship balance. But, all the Arkham games have done so.

EDIT: Ironic bit though... I'm actually replaying Arkham Origins. :) Love this game.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think i prefer it over City also, tbh.

Asylum then Origins are where i feel the series peaked. Gonna reinstall those tonight and playthrough.

But yeah, AK's gfx are...pretty on point. Batman looks amazing in his newest suit, but i kinda feel he sticks like a sore thumb when compared to the environment. Whether its the higher quality of batman or the art direction of the environment being a bi too colorful, wheres i feel a film noir or this color tone/pallete what ya call it throughout the entire game would be more suited. imo.

Whats kinda funny though is that last time I tried City, i was still getting texture poppin in DX11 mode when flying, yet with AK being one shocking port at launch, i get none of that. I think the only issue im getting is the odd fps drop when in the car.

Ill finish this...but man, i perosnally would never let RS near the batman ip again going by what ive played so far.

But...
    The Joker.
    Mate, RS having him as batmans imaginary friend and the way they've gone about it... amazing. If you're batman fan, you can see that RS have one hella understanding of the lore and history of batmans relationship with the Joker.

Theres a moment when
    -ception! when after hotwheels (Oracle) shoots herself and the Joker sits down in front of a kneeling batman - it was this part that i could see RS really captured and understand that whole two sides of the same coin thing of BM and Jk.
    So I'll have to admit, seeing that dynamic in action i would recommend the game on alone..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, it's definitely not the best entry in the series... but it's still a good game, and a great Batman story.
    The Arkham Knight is pretty weak. But, the details and insight into Jim and Barbara. Her life as Jim's daughter and as Oracle.
    Then, the relationship between Batman and the entire gallery of players on offer in Knight.

My main issue with the game is the batmobile. Which, people begged and begged for RS to put it in the game. And make it a "key" part of the gameplay. So, RS did that... and people then see it feels out of place in the Arkham games style.
    Yeah, there's probably a way it could've been put in the game and been good... but, then I feel it just would've felt like a "fast travel" device.

I was against the inclusion of the Batmobile from the minute people started asking for it after City's release.

Asylum is still hands down my favorite. Followed by Origins. Origins gets it's place simply because of the relationship between the Batman and Joker. Showing that beginning, that origin... it's handled amazing well.
    And then, Knight for me. Despite it's flaws, the Arkham gameplay formula is on point in combat and stealth.
    Boss fights are disappointing, and the batmobile is hamfisted into too much of the game. But the story is so damn solid.

And, it's story that falters for me with City. A lot of the time, City feels like it's trying way too hard to include as many characters as possible and make them all key players. So, we have Dr. Strange, Joker and Ra's al Ghul as main badguys. Plus Freeze, Penguin... Riddler.
    Oh yeah... Two Face is there for all of five minutes. It feels frantic, sporadic. It doesn't have the same solid pacing the other games do.

To each his own. :)
    But, I really like Arkham Knight. Issues aside, I think it's a fantastic entry and an amazing Batman story. Each entry is great, just City's story falls on the weak side of things for me.

12. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    City in its GOTY edition is best at everything with the exception of graphics in which Knight of course is the best.

Knight misses completely on making it feel like a City of death, and this is largely because some of the henchmen left in that part of the City even wish for him to release the gas because they are...bored. And once it is released and cleaned up the AIs turn back into normal when you'd expect a lot of them changing quite a lot from the the gas...corpses here and there but in the end they vanish too. I would have loved to see Catwoman, The Riddler, Two-face etc.. quite changed, dealing with more than normal craziness.

Asylum had a good setting, but was a bit too shut in for a B-man game, a bit linear, Origins had horribly boring City and often quite ugly art and boss fights that get on the nerve.

City told the story right, it did not from the get-go tell what was happening, just like Batman the player was left wondering what Protocol 10 was. To me this is far better story-telling than any of the other games, plus it improved on the combat with the first game.

Whilst Origins felt like a fan-project Cold, Cold Heart did a lot of things right, one of those more lenghty boss fights of which there were none at all to be had in Knight, quite disappointing when City had many good encounters.

13. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    City is definitely the best in the series due to gameplay and awesome challenges, but the story is a bit of a mess in that one. Asylum has creepy atmosphere, which is pretty nice. Origins has the best boss fights in the entire series, also has good story and music, but it's buggy, grappling is pita and target priorities in freeflow combat are just awful, though this mostly affects challenges. Knight has the best graphics and story, but it falls short gameplay-wise, thanks to the tank, non-existent boss fights and open predator "rooms".

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    City is the only one that I did not finish the Riddler challenges in.
    They just bored the hell out of me, seems RS went with the idea that it's quantity instead of quality.

15. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Then I guess you are this guy:

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I never bothered with the challenge maps in any Arkham game.
    I don't care about leader boards or player rank. And, outside of the story... they just don't interest me.

17. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I've been replaying this game recently, with the Gameworks stuff enabled and I've forgotten how impressive they are, especially the smoke God damn !

It runs really well as well, not 60fps locked but close enough for me not to be bothered.

As morally ambiguous Gameworks is I'm glad it's featured in games, as a Geforce consumer I gain from it.
    Always cool to have future proofing options.:)

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A friend gifted me the Season Pass during the last sale.
    So, I've started a brand new game and been running through it, taking on the new "Most Wanted" as they come up.

I will say, the Batgirl side story... is really good. Though, disappointing, very short.
    The Season of Infamy stuff is okay, I dislike how once you unlock one... the entire Most Wanted section is open to you.
    Unlike the rest of the games were you do one, then have to find the next one or wait for an update.
    In the DLC, once it's available... the entire mission can be played out rather quickly.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yeah this game is still awesome if you plan to play through everything & all collections & side missions.

What i'll never understand is why the Batmobile controls can only be switched between breaking and turning into a tank after you've finished the tutorial. Worst gameplay idea ever.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070