How many of you think Hillary Clinton will become the next US President???

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by viren, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Anyone see Donald Trump's latest press conference? Overall it was pretty good, and he was on point about Hillary not having a single press conference in 2016.

Worth watching -

2. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    corrected

3. Qwinn

Qwinn Guest

And to attend the Democrat National Convention.

Buncha racists, if you ask me.

4. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I enjoy my share of alcohol (or somewhat more) and need no photo ID. The 18th amendment to the Constitution has been repealed!

Speaking seriously, the requirement for photo ID is nothing but an illegal poll tax, with the intent of discouraging poor citizens, particularly people of color, from voting.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    What!...Just get the damn ID...You got 4 months till election day.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't care if you believe in a religion or what religion that is, the Government should not have anything to do with it. Religion was the main part of every Republican candidate's campaign. You can't promise people to change laws based on your Christian values when we have the first amendment that says you are free to believe whatever religion you want. Now they want to ban certain religions from the country or give every Muslim a test to see just how Muslim they are.

Basically they're saying that you have the freedom of religion, as long as its Christianity.

7. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    You cant be serious.

The 'intent' is to make sure that the Voter is a citizen, and to limit them to one vote per election.

8. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I don't really understand the system, but why didn't Hillary pick Bernie Sanders to be her Vice President? That would seem like the obvious thing to do to unite the party and get disillusioned Sanders supporters on side?

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Trust me, I hear you loud and clear. That is why the media never saying anything was brought up. Also why I mentioned that people fled here to escape prosecution/persecution based solely on one's religious beliefs. We are seeing it from the same perspective. The mechanisms were setup they way they were so religious doctrine could be removed from the equation of running a country.

That is why our government functions the way it does. The wheels are supposed to move very slowly. That way the issues are able to go through a litmus test of sorts to see how they weigh out. It's a crude depiction but it is what the basic approach is. Why I have not liked the current President's approach. He has gotten a lot right and wrong because of this. But the Congressional gridlock has been nothing short of childishness from all involved.

Finding it very difficult this time around to cast a vote for either candidate. They both come across as extremists. Neither of them are fit for office in my opinion.

EDIT: For the first time, feel it has come down to who can be gotten rid of faster and have done the least amount of damage while in office.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "cold chai" is very bad for you,

[​IMG]

11. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    you don't under any circumstance need a photo ID to ensure any of that.

over here in the UK there are many people with no form of photo ID who vote in UK elections etc, so if we can do it why cant you?

I don't have any form of photo ID (excepting an expired passport which is not valid as ID due to it expiring >10 years ago), I have a driving licence which has NO photo and was issued in the 80's which is my only form of ID everywhere bar leaving the country.

12. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No it's not. You know it just keep towing that line. The fact that this argument always comes down to "people of color" should be expected from the party that started the KKK.

Honestly that catch 22 of the elderly with no birth certificate or any other for of ID would affect less than 1%.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  14. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Except David Duke now is a Republican lol so the funny hats have switched sides.(long ago)

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And Hillary Clinton praises Robert Byrd. The party's did not switch sides. That is a myth.

16. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    A little context on praising Byrd who as a member in the 40's who quit the organization and then served for 57 years in government as opposed to Duke who is no longer KKK but belongs to another white power group now today and ongoing so not really the same thing but keep grasping at straws.

http://www.snopes.com/clinton-byrd-photo-klan/

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Snopes is getting as reliable as Wikipedia. Just ignore the fact that the Democrat party started the KKK, promoted slavery, apposed civil rights legislation and women's rights. Now they work to keep the minorities in slavery to this day. W*****e for votes.

18. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Not ignoring anything the point being Trump flirting with a present day racist and what happened 150 yrs ago are a little different.Pointing stuff out that's not really relevant today just seems desperate. Snopes is actually more reliable than Wikipedia as it's not really user edited and point out one thing in that particular passage that wasn't reliable.

19. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    When the drug kicks in. :blunt:

20. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Generally speaking, picking a running mate who is more popular than you are is a good way to lose the next election to that running mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.