Nvidia announces New TITAN X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by HeavyHemi, Jul 22, 2016.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    So pretty much the argument boils down to why. Since that is subjective to each person, IMO there is no point in making that argument. Why do people buy expensive TV's or cars etc...etc? It's their money and their reasons.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep, same here. Gaming is not so big a thing for me as to care about spending more than what a mid to upper mid-range card goes for. Especially a $1200 flagship that will get surpassed by a mid-range in a year or two.

Vs other hobbies, $1200 is a piddling amount, esp high end audio.

http://www.dagogo.com/audio-note-ongaku-integrated-amplifier-review

I doubt any value arguments are brought up in high end audio forums :D.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well thats it. Even if you have the money you still need to think and look for the best value.

People who dont care they probably cant even think.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Define best value for everyone. Just because they have different needs or wants from yours doesn't make them stupid.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    For instance : You are sitting with 1,200$ on August 2nd thinking "hm, last gen nvidia pulled 980ti two months after Titan X for the half price. They gonna do this again so i will wait a little instead supporting this cash grab".

Thats thinking.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As explained, i dont game enough anymore to justify it, work, wife baby etc....
    Anyone can look at my recent Steam game time to see why i don't have one.

If you have the money and want the best there is is, then why would you look for thee the best value?

It's like cars or hifi or any other hobby, and PC gaming prices is pocket change compare to those two

People can't think... What does that even mean as it screams of jealousy?

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That isn't likely this time around. Both the 1080 and this Titan are fully enabled die. Meaning, any 'Ti' that comes out is going to be different die and realistically, the GP100 isn't a candidate as a gaming GPU. Regardless, your preference would follow for anyone who purchases the top end of any product. There is almost always something 'better' coming. It's not for you but it isn't about you.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He just likes to bash Nvidia guys, he also likes to tell people not to spend their money. Just ignore.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I like how Hemi is giving me constructed answer thats worth reading, not saying something thats not true. I dont like bashing of any kind.

I told you before. Put me on ignore, eclap.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It's possible.

Original titan was cut down GK110 due to yields, once they perfected it 780ti was released with all cores.

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    We know the drill, titan card with ridiculous price so people will think they are getting a hell of a deal for the actual high end part at $800.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wait, so now you telling people how not to spend their money is not true?

Come on now, this is comedy gold. All of this in one thread. All of this is you telling people how you don't understand spending money on a gpu. All of this from an AMD user in a Nvidia gpu thread, bashing those who spend money on Nvidia hardware. Please stop. Now.

BTW, I wasn't the only one who picked up on you trolling here. You decided to single me out. If you have a problem with my posts, please, put me on that ignore list.

If you don't like people spending money on PC hardware, maybe you should stay out of this particular thread.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  13. CrisanT

CrisanT Guest

You don't change your HiFi system yearly, but i get your point. Anyway, this card is not for everyone, it is a card for people who dont care about money and is a card for nVidia to show their muscle. Having the crown for the best GPU is good for the marketing of the company. I am on your boat aswell (less and less game times), but i think my next card is going to be either a Rx480 or the Rx470 (i want numbers first for the 470)

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    The most exciting thing about this and all Titans is that it gives us a glimpse of how the next Ti may perform and helps to push AMD to deliver a killer competitor (hopefully).

I'm one of those who are looking for an upgrade to 4K so we're excited for this factor.

As for Titan itself, it is a workstation plus card. For business, research, academics and etc... that cannot WAIT and can justify the purchase to recoup their money, it will probably be a good purchase and resource for them. If it does not deliver, AMD will have their workstation cards ready and it won't even matter how high or low the Titan will be priced at. The market will take care of that since that target audience is severely focused on costs and return on investments.

For bankers and oil barons, hell they have gold gaming consoles so they don't represent us. :D

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm only curious if a Titan would actually benefit from watercooling for a change in comparison to the 1080.

16. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    I dreamt i was ordering two Titan X's last night. And when i woke up the first thing i did was to check my bank account just to make sure because the dream was so vivid. :3eyes:

2x titans with a 2500k. lmao yeah right.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Haha, not saying there wouldn't be a bottleneck, but at 4K who knows, might not be that big.

I honestly wouldn't buy a Titan X though, not even if I had the money, unless I would be willing to go the extra mile and have it fully custom water cooled. That would be e-penis overkill though, especially if it's more than one card. :eyebrows:.

18. FeDaYin

FeDaYin Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 ref.
    11 TFLOPS that should mean 1534 Mhz base clock and maybe around 1724 Mhz boost clock
    11 000 000 000 / 2 / 3584 / 10000 = 1534 Mhz base clock

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You know, eclap, if you tell someone what you believe they should or shouldn't be doing, that doesn't take the power of decision from that someone. The same way you consider "bad" to tell people not to spend money with this (because IMO it's an OBVIOUS cash grab), the same way I consider it "stupid" for you to recommend to anyone that this product is somehow ok.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    So what, people are going to buy it regardless of this discussion.

Why?

Because they want the fastest card available and they don't care what it costs.

Same rules that govern the purchase of most luxury items (are you equally incensed that Ferrari charges hundreds of thousands of dollars for their cars? )

If it bothers you so much, stop reading the thread and don't buy a Titan X, it's the only means of protest you have, other people will buy it regardless, wouldn't matter if it was $2000.00 per card, it will still sell.

Nvidia are well aware of this, it's all about what the market will bear.