Nvidia announces New TITAN X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by HeavyHemi, Jul 22, 2016.

1. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    I think that are AUS where here in Argentina we have to pay that numbers but in US dollars. (An entire above avg month salary :S)

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Only 1200??? I´m surprised with this seeing how Nvidia is milking customers with the 1xxx series... I was expecting this to start at 1500...

But i have to give kudos to Nvidia for their strategy, make the highest amount of sales and money on high end cards before AMD has an answer for them.
    They are printing money right now!!! And when AMD finally releases their high end cards, Nvidia will simply cut prices to counter them and finally sell its cards at reasonable prices...

3. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    The full name might not be but, it's still being listed on the GeForce site rather than sticking it in with the pro line. I'll pass on this like I've passed on the rest of the Titan cards.

4. GiggleHz

GiggleHz Member

GPU:
    3xGTX480 1xGTX260physx
    Good god....I look forward to getting one...4 years from now on ebay.

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    1200 is milking :)

at least, its more expensive then the previous generation (as it all is).

I may or may not be willing to get milked, lets see how the benchmarks go.

I do want to change to the newer generation for VR :( I may have to start answering everyone with "Mooo"

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why not 9gb is very possible.

That 970 fiasco was due to rop tmu/smx limitation when cut down and it affected bandwith in the end.

That was never the case by big chips in the past.

Also they can always disable DP just like on gk100 & 110b

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  7. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    great news the faster they come out the faster I'll be able to buy 2x 1080ti
    fool me once shame on you... you know the saying
    I'm not buying another high-end(not) GTX after my bitter GTX980 experience (ti were released 6 months later with you know how much better performances for a slight price difference in my country)

I'm slightly worried about the clocks tough, higher clocks def are better for gaming.
    As other said the fact it's not even a geforce may make it more a product for a professionnal usage and not gaming.

8. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    great opening line for the upcoming TitanX pascal thread xD

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I will never understand why Australians think things should be so cheap for them, at least compared to the USA.

Minimum wage in the US (lowest) is 7.25 USD, or 9.74 AUD. BUT, australians make on minimum wage $17.70 AUD (13.18 USD), almost twice that of the USA...so let me put it this way:

If our minimum wage was twice that it is now (which they kinda seem like they are trying to do...) then i would not be surprised if what is happening there, happens here too. If your minimum wage is twice as high as ours, you'd expect for things to potentially be twice as high in cost, otherwise why would the minimum wage be higher? The entire "point" of minimum wage is to compensate for the price of items.

Essentially my point is, the amount of "time" australians have to put in (at minimum wage) to get enough money to buy a GTX 1080 is almost the same as the amount of time someone in the US would at minimum wage. In fact, for this one, it's lower.

How much you'd have to work for a GTX 1080 (pre-tax)

US: 82.75 hours (based off the 599 MSRP)
    Australia: 64.97 hours (based off of the 1149 priced 1080)

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @Geryboy

Any gpu at rls is overpriced for what it is, even your 1080 atm.. Imo 1080ti would be a much better upgrade from your 2x980 then this 1080 will ever be.. But hey guess you got cought up in new shiny shiny.. now it is what it is.

I will skip 1080ti too, not because i just bought 980ti, but i want even bigger upgrade. Volta hmb2.0 and amd Navi looks a lot more interesting some time next year.

Also there is no such game thats actually worth upgrading now - visually. Maybe next year, until then gm200 & gp104 is more then enough for current scenario.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    From what I've seen Vega does not look to be faster than this card. Probably somewhere between this and the 1080 is my guess. Navi on the other hand..... You will be waiting a bit for an upgrade but your on a 980Ti you can afford to wait for now.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I highly doubt there will be any 1080-Ti. This titan is around what i would have expected from the 1080-Ti.

Now IF they release a 1080-Ti, we might get a cutdown 8Gb GDDR5X of this one, who knows.

./ask_Hilbert

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    There are minimum wages, and there are AVERAGE wages...significantly more important.

Readjust your figures accordingly, please.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?graph_id=195323

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/wages

Then, there is the cost of living...a MASSIVELY important figure:= it doesn't matter is the average wage is £100 billion per hour, if it cost $500 billion to buy a cup of coffee.

This, is why people in third worlds work for 10 cents an hour, because the cost of living is significantly lower than you.

14. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    That is probably the best reason to not spend any money right now on GPUs.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t agree with this opinion. I think Nvidia is gonna release a Ti version sooner or later for two reasons:
    1st - this card is targeted more to professional users than to gamers and Nvidia needs to cater to gamers, throw them a bone basically...
    2nd - there´s a huge gap in Nvidia´s line up right now in terms of price, the 1080 starts at 600 and Titan starts at 1200, twice the price... This creates space for a 1080 Ti starting at 900...

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^^ winner winner chicken dinner.

For anyone who is saying/whining that this is milking, where have you guys been for the past 6 years.

It doesn't take a guru to recognize here..

The entire life of the 970 = Milked. I bought two the day of release and a full year later they were selling for the same price, and in some cases HIGHER then when I bought them. They are STILL selling only $60 cheaper then at release.

Titan however is always a milk job.. cmon, this is stating the obvious. Honestly, I find it harder to blame Nvidia as others because I still recognize that when you have no competition, and you have a product that people and gamers WANT, you can go ahead and charge whatever and people will pay.

Blame consumers with lack of sense, and blame AMD for lack of competition.

Now, on a personal note, I can't wait to grab a TI :) My X34 calls for one

17. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Try Brazilian prices for a hard laugh.

http://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/gtx-1080#D[A:gtx-1080]

You can buy a scooter and the insurance for those prices.

18. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    I agree. While the minimum wages in the US are incredibly low, they represent the average American in a bad way. Average wages compared to general prices is the best way to look at things. I live in Norway, but that's not as lucrative as people might think, especially after the oil price drop. Computer parts and other imported goods have increased 50% the last couple of years due to currency changes alone, but at the same time apartment prices are going up ~10% a year as well.
    I just bought my first apartment for the price of 7.5 yearly gross wages, which was about the cheapest I could find with enough space for my belongings. Then paying 1700$ for something like this or over 900 for a good 1080 is pretty significant.

19. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I just realized that Nvidia is analogous to Apple: both companies overprice their hardware to the moon, and they don't even care if their users can afford it.

20. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I can't believe people buy this titan bs a card like this should never have survived in the market.