DX12 on fermi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, May 15, 2016.

1. frcento

frcento Guest

GPU:
    560 SLI @ 1000MHz
  2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Unless that guy is an insider I haven't heard of before I'll pass that off as sarcasm

3. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Correct and the same applies for all Windows 10 builds after TH2 (1511).

4. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia needs make an official statement. Not to hang people like that that are waiting for something that will cant be done.

7. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    A beautiful class action will be lifted right away if they don't want to release the driver. Most likely nvidia lose that battle without any questions. Not to mention the message to the whole community , kepler and maxwell owners are already pissed off with the ongoing driver support.

I don't see any bright out coming from this scenario.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    lol, and here i was with my 570 tryng to make it work in explicit mGPU with my 980-Ti. Damn, not even DX12 support, you bet it doesn't work lol...

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    http://wcc ftech.com/fermi-dx12-support/

Well, someone technically did say it was coming, but, these cards were marketed as DX11 cards so have fulfilled their "actual" product-spec. I honestly think a class action law-suit will not get anywhere. Even if it somehow forced them to release a dx12 driver, what are you expecting the driver to do exactly? Compatibility with low performance or more performance? I think all it would really do is make you realise it's time to upgrade if you want to keep up with DX12 gaming.

10. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Only one thing: false advertising . It beats the hell out of the company in USA EU and in other country's too. We cannot speak about the performance since not you or me have tried it.
    https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Was Fermi even being sold when they announced DX12 support for it? I don't think anyone buying Fermi bought it because they knew it would support DX12.

Should also point out that the GCN products during that time (Terascale 6xxx series) also don't support DX12.

Plus even if Fermi gets a driver, it's Tier 1 RB. It would be so limited in DX12 titles that no game devs would bother to support it anyway.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So, siriq with that out of the way and only waiting for nvidia to give a final seal, will you finally upgrade your 570/580? :p

13. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Nvidia was selling Fermi in last year too even after the announcement.

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Well, it is my decision to upgrade or not. Since i need money for my future (around $5000-6000) i will deiced which brand/model or not to. No one can force me to upgrade , unless i want to :D
    I hope it satisfies your curiosity. :nerd:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  15. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Fermi has been rebranded all the way up to the 900M series

Neither AMD nor Intel announced DX12 support for its earlier products, that's why users aren't attacking those companies for the lack of DX12 support.

A key case where even Fermi should benefit massively from DX12 is PCSX2 and Dolphin

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Fair points.

Either way I think Nvidia should make an official statement instead of just letting people sit in the dark. They've been doing that with quite a number of things recently and it's frustrating.

17. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    In Dolphin i was able to use DirectX 12 with Fermi. I was quite surprised how much benefit on performance wise has been unlocked .

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Not to mention the Fastsync. I cannot really confirm for 100% sure but the latest driver completely disable Fastsync on maxwell/kepler and fermi. Yeah , it was working on fermi too. I have tested it myself.

19. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I can say that how Nvidia has handled Fermi and DX12 certainly won't speak in favor of me upgrading to another Nvidia GPU anytime soon

I liked Nvidia's long-term support for its old series, but after this BS about Fermi and DX12, not anymore. I can't take any word from Nvidia about future support for its hardware seriously now.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ok, I'm confused now. So, is DX12 actually working on Fermi, or not? Or is there something else going on?