Nvidia Geforce Driver 368.81 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by VincentHanna, Jul 14, 2016.

1. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    For real... :bang:

2. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  3. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    That software isn't accurate using Windows 8 or later unless the developer just recently updated it.

4. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Downloading and installing. I install everything. :)

5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    This driver caused my PC to freeze on desktop...1st time this has happened in years!

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea I have that jitter too, as if the game falls out of sync every now and then. Something's off.

NV said themselves the current driver(s) aren't "game ready" for Doom Vulkan yet, just support it.

On a side note, I'm sure no-one is expecting miraculous increases with Vulkan as OGL runs fine on NV anyway. People with high-end GPUs and weaker CPUs might benefit the most as overhead is reduced.

But better is always better and like said Vulkan doesn't work properly on NV yet, at least on all systems.

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I can't wakeup the screen from sleep with this drivers or recently updates Window 10

8. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Always happy to see more VR improvements!

9. hexaae

hexaae Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX980M 4GB G-Sync
    Nothing changed and still takes ages here. If you open it twice, the second time the list will be cached and "look" instant.

10. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    ugh VR is so bleh. didn't this flop for a reason in the 90s with Nintendo virtual boy... nobody wants to wear a football helmet when they're already sitting alone in their living room already isolated from the world lol. and what about multiplayer gaming / movies? pretty sure we're isolated enough as is.

glasses, maybe. when the technology improves. AR from stuff like hololens looks far more interesting and the way pokemon go is taking off I think this merging of analogue and digital realities will be ideal.

I predict a resurgence of 3dtv's till VR/AR improves. luckily this crap is probably improving 3dtv technology as well. I know I love my 3dtv. nice to see 3d profiles being updated more frequently again!

just my personal preference! I am sure VR is great and when resident evil 7 for ps4 comes out i'll probably get a headset, reluctantly. definitely NOT going to do any VR on pc any time remotely soon having seen how slowly 3d vision has evolved and how much expertise is involved. it's a gaming platform's job to make things easy so i'll be doing VR there first this time for a few years before I try anything on pc. but kudos to all the VR community helping to expedite this technology.

then... in the near future... real holograms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndNwMBEiVU

hopefully we have our SLI issues worked out by then.. lol

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Not seeing that here, fresh boot, still works instantly.

I'm on W7 Ultimate 64bit, it's accurate. I also posted Latencymon results post 31;

which confirms DPC readings.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Remember these?

http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/Tomytronic3D.jpg

Advantages;

1. Built-in controls and sound.
    2. Portable.
    3. Runs on batteries.
    4. Play standing-up or sitting.
    5. Look futuristic while playing!

Disadvantages;

1. Only one game.
    2. Extremely limited "graphics".
    3. No motion control.
    4. Fixed-perspective.
    5. Look like an idiot while playing!

13. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Am I the only one still getting a problem with clocks getting stuck at lower power states? I've had this problem off and on since around the 36x.xx drivers with it being worse with some than other. I am not overclocking my card so that can't be it.

It seems to have something to do with my setting of having my monitor turn itself off after 30 minutes. If I tell Windows to never turn the monitor off I have yet to see the stuck clock issue. When the clocks get stuck, I can look in afterburner and it tells me I am hitting the power limit when I am only at 10% power usage...

For now I am going back to 365.19 which seemed to be one of the latest ones I've tried that I haven't had that issue in.

14. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    as much as i appreciate your input, i believe it is far too early to say it's a maxwell/pascal issue with vulkan

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's not, it's a combination of driver and game implementation issue. Not hardware problem.

Vulkan in Doom isn't fully implemented/tweaked yet. Specific example of this is not all AA modes work with AC, plus, different versions of Vulkan running on AMD vs Nvidia.

Nvidia's still working on Vulkan and so are id.

16. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I agree. Sometimes they looking for something to complain about. DPS latency is high but does it affect your real world usage if they must proof it to me. I have this driver and many before and not a single issue that's driver related. I can play pretty much all my games at same settings the only thing i see from drivers is a bit higher performance but I haven't compared them so can't say. performance stays more or less the same or is better.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The truth is that there are people out there who are interested in 3D and VR, that's who these products are aimed at. However, given the expense, these things are never going to become mainstream IMO and, therefore, I find it odd that companies are so keen to invest in VR. It isn't something that I would ever expect to be profitable.

Also, 3D never really took off in the home, although they still make 3D movies for the cinema, so I expect VR will go the same way. It'll be a fad for a couple of years before tailing off in popularity and being replaced by the "next BIG thing" in 3-5 years time.

Me personally? I really do not understand the appeal of either 3D or VR, not while the technology requires me to wear expensive glasses or headsets that relies on my having good eyesight (which I don't unfortunately). Until someone comes with the equivalent of Star Trek: The Next Generation's holodeck then I will continue to play games the old fashioned way on a 2D screen, ta very much! :D

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They do. However they are not used in the current version of VK renderer since it's more or less a port of id's console efforts to PC and these won't work with NV's h/w. I'm expecting that id will patch in the support for NV's shader intrinsics and async compute at some point. Until then the comparison isn't a proper one as NV's h/w is basically running an unoptimized code in Vulkan renderer at the moment.

19. shadowflame

shadowflame Member

GPU:
    1070gtx 2100@1.093
    Noone needs to prove anything, it's a known fact. If your are a one lookng for proof - search on the matter then, self-education is not bad thing, but considered a good form.

It's a common knowledge among audiophiles that even dpc higher than 500 microseconds can cause sound crackling. Because DPCs are sent in queues and where is a queue - there is micro-stuttering, both video and audio.

20. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    As a musician, it does actually affect me because it's adding latency to the system which affects recording and effects in a project. However, due to my system specs, it's tolerable as I can brute-force it. Others with less powerful cpu's might not be so fortunate and WILL feel the difference. Having to raise ASIO latency to compensate isn't ideal.