Nvidia Geforce Driver 368.81 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by VincentHanna, Jul 14, 2016.

1. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Start -> Run -> type 'Winver' without the " ' " s

If you don't have OS version 1511 then you can't install the drivers.

2. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Guest

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX 4090
    rFactor 2 still crashes to desktop. Also Assetto Corsa no fps increase over my old 980Ti... Nvidia sucks with their drivers. I now have to run 100hz on my G-Sync Monitor and I get flickering.

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yeah, no worries, didn't get any bad vibes from your post, nor did I intend to send any. just noticed your rig and found it interesting.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've also tried uninstalling the 1.0.11.1 Vulkan driver that comes with Nvidia driver and installed the latest 1.0.17.0 vulkan sdk from here https://vulkan.lunarg.com/signin and I can report that Doom Vulkan still works, although, it still shows as 1.0.8 version. Opengl indoors still showing 10-15fps better performance. (no changes from .69 I think).

Just played Single-player Doom maxed-out Nightmare, AF 16X for over an hour and it's been working fine, no problems to report.

5. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    gonna say i had similar experience except i first ran the run time and using vulkaninfo.exe did not seem . .well right.

i would still freeze in doom during longer gaming sessions which was annoying. however after installing the SDK and the RT (because reasons) i played a long(ish) session w/o freezing.

mind you i am still on 368.69.

btw, has anyone else's temps gone up w/vulkan?

6. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Is this driver disable Fastsync on maxwell/kepler/fermi ? NV inspector workaround doesn't work anymore?

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Iooniam, perhaps the Maxwell side of Vulkan still needs work. We know Nvidia have some catching-up to do compared to AMD on the Vulkan side of things. I can however tell you that I honestly haven't had any crashes yet with Pascal. However, I also have to say that I'm using MSI oc bios only, no other oc software used.

I've played Doom+mp (loads of changing api and still no save-game problems either), loads more of csgo including 4X DSR which due to my resolution being 1920x1200 is even higher than normal 4k (works amazingly well, very suprised), Dying Light, GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, COD:BO3 and Far Cry 4. No problems so far at all and trust me, I'm looking hard for them.

8. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx670
    I just tried it and the displayport connection is still not working with the HTC Vive and my Nvidia Gtx 1070 :(
    Anyone had better luck?

I have the hdmi port for my Projector (where I use the Vive), the dual Dvi port for my monitor and wanted to use the displayport for the Vive.

Cheers

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    whats so funny, Im not affected by neither of those two issues. So jokes on you.

If you haven't noticed yet Doom Vulkan has vsync jitter issues and sometimes slower loading times compared to normal openGL. Better call that doctor to open your eyes lol

atm at 368.69, will install these just to see if its any better with vsync jitter @ Doom Vulkan.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    are you guys unhappy with openGL performance or do you expect the same boost AMD got from vulcan?

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Oh the irony. You win the internet!

12. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya that's why I'm on the 365.19, v-sync is perfect with my games. And others haven't been yet.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Your not going to see big boost like what AMD got, this is because there OpenGl drivers for yrs have been subpar.
    Thats one reason why you see big boost now, but there about were they should be .
    One thing to remember, with all these low level API (DX12/Vulcan) it is up to the dev to code to the hardware. So to get full support from both AMD and Nvidia it may need 2 code paths as they do things different HW wise.
    Even each card model could probably use optimizations as the sweet spot for how much extra workload you try and get in there is different per card.
    Its going to take time to figure this out and if Dev's want to spend this time, but once its figured out that may save some time.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What irony, fix other stuff yes, the stuff that affected me when I reported it and improve doom vulkan as in vsync and load times..

EDIT:
    For the future I suggest you to provoke others when they "talk down" nv, this is meant for that post bellow, because you just couldn't let it go and move on..

//End.

15. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

yeah, i'm aware of that. i'm just trying to figure out what the constant complaints about vulkan related to doom are about. I can't think of a reason. unhappy with vulkan? use openGL. unhappy with openGL? might wanna check your rig cause it should already run fantastic in OpenGL.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    All I see is bs tbh. You tell them to fix other stuff and they have in-fact done so.

What you really mean is "only fix things that affect me". There's a difference. Nice attitude btw.

EDIT: I honestly don't understand why you pursue this especially after the fact you lost your save-game while testing. Just use Opengl for now.

17. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Well it fixed civ v for me, got rid of the annoying border flickering.

18. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Totally agree. The devs faq has stated some known problems with Vulkan in Doom, it is afterall their first public version of it. There probably are other problems with it too especially when looking through other's reports in the Doom thread. I think id have done really well getting it out relatively quickly, where-as Croteam have been working on it for months and still tweaking it to get it to perform how it's supposed to and it's still not there yet.

It's a 2 fold problem, 1) driver support 2) dev implementation. It's a new api after all and it's going to take time to get right. Heck, people need to look at some recent DX12 releases and the state they were in on initial release.

Give them time ffs.

19. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    Doesnt nvidia provide shader extensions already? I think its another case of amd catching up to nvidia in the new apis. Ill keep my eye on things, for now Im not going to jump to any conclusions but I feel like nvidia just hasnt fully shifted focus onto the new apis yet (why would they, almost every game is still dx11).

20. I... what... You clearly have no idea how anything works. I can't believe you spend hundreds picking up high end GPUs without having even a basic grasp of what driver updates do.