Corsair Launches Magnetic Levitation Bearing based FANs.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 11, 2016.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I've bought 8 Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro PL-2, and while they are relatively quiet, the Swif I mentioned above is more quiet under half load for instance, at least subjectively. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on any Scythe Gentle Typhoons...

Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible or loud by itself, it's just... if it wasn't a bother to undo half my rig and unmount a rad from my cooling, I'd try some other fans, but... not right now, maybe during next year's maintenance or when I get a new GPU :D

2. Rillipiru

Rillipiru Master Guru

GPU:
    660 ti 2GB
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh damn. I need to spend quite a few euros on some fans.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Those Noiseblocker Black Silent fans I bought too to test on my PC and wanted to know how they perform on my PC,I've been impressed how they perform on my PC,have run 6 fans on mine,I've used fan controller to control of them,usually in colder weather I've run them at 750RPM,in hotter weather I'm running them at 850-900RPM

Then I've run Phatnteks which are loud above 1100RPM,in 750-900RPM they're pretty quiet,but still they're louder than Noctua which move lot of air and cooling at same RPM is bit better with Noctua

BeQuiet are great fans too,but still they're loud for me above 1100RPM,currently I'm running those on my H100i V2 and I will be swapping them again for Noctua NF-F12 as with Noctua I've been very happy,wanted to know if they're worth,they're cheaper option

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

6. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    Hi all!
    I wanna use this topic to ask you what is the brand or model of the most powerful fan in the market today?
    I dont care about noise, I just wanna lower temperatures
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  7. toffty

toffty Member

GPU:
    AMD 290
    Ordered two paired fan kits from Corsair - 2x 120mm and 2x 140mm. Have them in my case now and these fans can move a lot of air and produce a good amount of noise when they are pushing that air (i'm talking about 100% here).

I have a Fractal R5 tower. I put the a 120 and 140 mm in the front and one 140mm in the back. Used Speedfan to keep them around 30% when not gaming then up to 70% when gaming. Dead silent at 30% and barely audible at 70% though plenty of air flowing through the case to keep everything cool.

To the concerns about HDD, i have the HDDs about 1 inch (2.5 cm if i remember the conversion correctly) from the 120mm fan and no problems. Remember all fans have magnets. I am going to guess comparing the magnetic field is not significant from these fans to any other case fan

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah I doubt they would such fancy fans only to brake HDDs lol. Especially when so many cases have the HDD cages right next to intake fans.

If these fans (the 140mm ones) are anything like my SP140Ls then the noise will get noticeable/loud after 50%. So ~1300 RPM should be the sweet spot cooling/noise wise.