Galaxy note 7 to be Launched August 2nd 2016

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsung has announced that on August 2 it will announce the Galaxy Note 7 to the general public. A press event will take place in New York. The presentation will be broadcast live via Samsung news, t...

Galaxy note 7 to be Launched August 2nd 2016

2. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    If it doesn't have a built-in Lightsaber or at least laser blaster - it is another overpriced worthless gadget. BIG Yawn!

3. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    wont buy it until I can get it for 200. I'm still using a note 2 with custom marshmallow rom :)

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No rush to upgrade from a note 3, still works great.

5. baasgene

baasgene Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuf OC
    uhm where's the 6

6. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    All these new phones constantly :|

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Skipped it to bring in line with the s7 numbering. Pretty confusing market situation to have equal generations have different numbers

8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    6GB RAM for what, for running 155 apps simultaneously!? Even 4GB would be overkill... Guess some dudes are getting horny while looking at specs with 6GB RAM and then they can't keep their wallets closed...

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i h8 the fact that it's curved again, S7 Edge is the best phone atm but it would be much better without the edges.

Anyway let's see what it bring, i hope at least 4000mah and some new interesting features.

10. izzy snow

izzy snow Member

GPU:
    PNY NVIDIA 24GB GeF
    I still love my Note 4. Longest I've ever kept a phone (2 years). I won't upgrade until I can't buy a new battery for it anymore which I recently got one from Amazon and it works great.

11. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Too many gadgets... Everybody wants the latest. Predict a future earth like in the movie 'interstellar'?

12. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Pretty useless to buy a 6GB phone that wont see updates in one year. My Galaxy s4 only has android 5.06 and I doubt ill see another one. All while the same generation Sony z3 already has android 6 (marshmellow?).

Edit: ok, the z3 was released a year later but the point stands as the z1 and z2 are getting updates.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  13. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    man looking forward to this phone!

14. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Currently using the 3&4 with no probs so the 7 would have to basically provided me with the lottery numbers each week before i ditched my current. This was always going to happen with mobile phones, it was bound to get to a point where the majority of people wouldn't see the benefits of upgrading because there current handset are good enough. The mobile sector is set for a major major slow down.

15. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    These guys at Samsung is cranking out phones by the minute... Samsung really knows how to flood the market though, but what they forgot is that it will at some point bite them in the back. Now everyone has good phones so no need to upgrade... Good luck on selling this Samsung. Who on earth can upgrade every 6 months? These people are insane!!! I have to say though I like the 6GB ram.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Note 7 means for Note 5 users or even Note 4 users, and the GS7 is the best selling phone atm, and the best to get, they did awesome job on it, yet their low end phones and mid range should be avoided like a plague.

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I loved(still do) the Note series and had exclusively Note's since the first one(5 1/2 years already! Geezus).

Skipped Note 2 from the N1 and went straight to N3. Then after less than a month with my N3 it was stolen(yeah stupid me).

Then got N4. What a phone!! Note 5 wasn't worth thinking about it imo.

I was waiting for Note 6, which of course became Note 7, but I jumped the gun on a good deal for a SG7E.

Although I loved my N4, the SG7E is a brilliant phone and have no regrets.

Weirdly I do miss my Note 4 sometimes for some reason. Having a Note feels, I don't know, different. :thumbup:

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    True, i sold my Note 5 and bought S7E on launch day, never looked back. then i was thinking, the edge is the best phone i ever owned and used, but i want a Note that would be like that and even better.

Samsung have a golden chance here to sell lots of units, if they do everything right just like with the S7E, or they can fail big time.

August 2 can't come fast enough :D

19. Rugburn

Rugburn Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3
    I tend to replace my phone like I do GPU's, every two generations.. From N2, to N4, and now N6'err..7. But this time around I'm thinking twice about it because my N4 is still a great phone. The one issue I have with the N4 is its GPS not tracking reliably like other phones do..

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Sony seem to be really good at supporting older models of their phone sand tablets.

I was surprised to see my xperia tablet z getting all the way up to android 5.1.1, while my note 3, which is a whole generation newer is stuck on 5.0. Sony also pushed out updates more regular.