GeForce Driver 368.69 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Extraordinary, Jul 6, 2016.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    What could cause this error after playing the game for more than 4-5 hrs ?

Faulting application name: BlackOps3.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x573bc6ec
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571af2eb
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000037c46
    Faulting process id: 0x24f8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1db7dda18d063
    Faulting application path: C:\Gamez\Call of Duty Black Ops III\BlackOps3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: adb585fd-743f-49fb-9026-b1c3c89219ef
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Could MsiAfterburner even without the Overlay cause the issue just by it running in the background ? it's not heat issue.

EDIT : Weird , that's what I've found just by looking in google.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/404730/discussions/0/481115363877405811/?ctp=2

"I turn off MSI "Afterburner". no more driver crash on win10. Read first comment"

Is there a setting that causing a crash ? maybe changing the fan curve or anything else ? how can we find out. I'm using the beta newest that support 1080GTX.

"Best anyone could tell you from this is that it's ~PROBABLY~ driver related. An access violation (attempt to acces a memory location it's not supposed to) by something in kernel memory space (probably the graphics driver) occurred."

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Code 0xc0000005 means access violation. Most frequent source of this error are errors in program code (either in user space or in kernel space) related to memory operations (like reading the block of memory no longer available or reading the block of memory pointed by zeroed pointer).
    And place of error - ntdll.dll - is kernel of OS (not driver directly). Of course it could be the call from driver code to kernel code. But with the same probability it could be the call from game program code.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Some of my games like F1 2015, Loeb Rally and mxgp2 seem to stutter and hiccup when my computer has been turned on for some hours doing other stuff (browsing, downloading, or in idle), something between 6-9 hours. Closing and relaunching games doesn´t help, I have to restart the system. Maybe some kind of vram leak?.

4. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm played Overwatch yesterday, had 3 random crashes, one even without the program's notice, anybody else experienced something like this?

6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Blame cpu OC ;)

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Actually it was perfectly stable with .22 drivers. So... no. ;)

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    did you check the event log? there should be an entry related to some nvidia dll file if it was the cause of your random crashes.

but in my experience random crashes are system instability.

did you check vram usage with afterburner? that should give you your answer.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's quite painful, but i also thought the new driver was making my previous overclock unstable. But it's actually not.

*for Maxwell*
    But the power consumption at medium GPU usage (around 70-85% Power target) is really different than X.22. I'll advise to check your ROM and play with both the 100% limit and minimum limit with PCI port (which is the most precise, aka the one with the lowest delta min/max, of all power entries).

75W at 100% on Pci-port and fine-tuning the minimum Watt from pci-port, did the trick for me.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Mine was set to Auto when I first installed the v368.69 driver in Windows 10 Pro v1511 Build 10586.456. However, when I tried the Insider Preview Build 14385, I found that while the v368.69 were already installed post-upgrade, that GPU-Z was showing the PhysX box unchecked. When I checked the NVIDIA control panel I found that PhysX was set to CPU for some reason. Setting it back to Auto then showed the PhysX box checked in GPU-Z.

Could be a random glitch during the driver install.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Weird... why I am seeing screen tearing then? I do use Steam fullscreen on a 25" 2560x1440 display.

I'm particularly sensitive to it... are you using a smaller window by any chance? I noticed the screen tearing far less when I reduced the size of the window but there was still some.

Are you able to post your Valve Steam NVIDIA profile please so I can compare it to mine? I restore a custom profile, which contains a lot of AA/AO tweaks plus fixed executables and game names, after every driver and every now and again I update it by using Notepad++ to compare the default driver profile with mine and edit in any new profiles or changes to existing ones.

It's possible I am using an old profile and that the new driver contains a setting that fixes the tearing which I current do have in the Valve Steam profile.

Thanks.

12. No, don't.

13. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I´m checking that but it has been exactly as usual.

14. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Something odd with these drivers, I install the NVidia drivers (always have), but I set my x-fi sound card as my default sound device, but now some Steam games want to play audio via the sound card, which has never happened before, so now in the display drivers I have to disable digital audio, has there been a change in the way the audio works?

15. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i thinks its ram oc, in the forums people are experiencing crashes thanks to ram OC, i tried and indeed the game crashes with ram oc with latest drivers, strange bug

16. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    So that is why i got less OC now. However DPC issue still exits with this driver too but comes after time. Strange . I wish i could do more test but i have to rest my hand because of the surgery.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Just using NVIDIA Inspector to export it?

It's just default, I don't really change much in the way of profiles for anything, only if say vSync won't enable in-game or something

I tried windowed, full screen, big picture mode

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <ArrayOfProfile>
      <Profile>
        <ProfileName>Valve Steam</ProfileName>
        <Executeables>
          <string>steamservice.exe</string>
          <string>steam.exe</string>
        </Executeables>
        <Settings>
          <ProfileSetting>
            <SettingID>274197361</SettingID>
            <SettingValue>0</SettingValue>
          </ProfileSetting>
          <ProfileSetting>
            <SettingID>2150644249</SettingID>
          </ProfileSetting>
          <ProfileSetting>
            <SettingID>2156231208</SettingID>
            <SettingValue>1</SettingValue>
          </ProfileSetting>
          <ProfileSetting>
            <SettingID>2157797216</SettingID>
          </ProfileSetting>
        </Settings>
      </Profile>
    </ArrayOfProfile>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Virtual Reality Pre-rendered Frames = 1

18. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    forgive my ignorance, but why bother doing this for an overlay?

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm not sure I can follow, do you mean setting this in BIOS? Haven't toyed with power settings there too much. Or is there some setting in the inspector? Thanks anyway for the tip.

Yeah the game was reported to be sensitive with the RAM, but when I play without troubles with the system like it is, install the new graphics driver, and then get problems, the easiest assumption is that the driver acts weird. But I haven't had any issues playing yesterday evening again, so it was weird...

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    NVIDIA Inspector's profile is fine but I normally export my profiles using the NVIDIA SLI Profile Tool as it saves them as a text (.txt) file which allows for easier editing. NVIDIA Inspector also has this option I believe although it only allows you to export all of the profiles together so you would have to cut and paste the Valve Steam entry from the .txt file if you do it that way.

Thanks.

*EDIT*
    That's odd... I exported a .nip profile of Valve Steam using NVIDIA Inspector, like you did, and mine only shows this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <ArrayOfProfile>
    <Profile>
    <ProfileName>Valve Steam</ProfileName>
    <Executeables>
    <string>steamservice.exe</string>
    <string>steam.exe</string>
    </Executeables>
    <Settings />
    </Profile>
    </ArrayOfProfile>

So I deleted that text, copied your profile and pasted it into the exported .bip file. However, while it successfully imports and shows Adaptive Performance enabled, when I export it again I only see the above entry not the one you posted.

Here is what the profile looks like (just re-exported now) in the .txt format that the GeForce SLI Manager Tool uses:

Profile "Valve Steam"
    ShowOn GeForce
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "steamservice.exe"
    Executable "steam.exe"
    Setting ID_0x1057eb71 = 0x00000000
    Setting ID_0x106d5cff = 0x00000000
    Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011
    Setting ID_0x10f9dc84 = 0x00110000
    Setting ID_0x80303a19 = 0x00000000
    Setting ID_0x80857a28 = 0x00000001
    Setting ID_0x809d5f60 = 0x00000000
    EndProfile

Those values match the ones in the default v368.69 profile as I always save that post-driver install BEFORE I reimport my own custom profiles.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016