The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I just flashed my Gigabyte FE card with the g1 gaming bios. It didn't give me higher limits or anything like that but now my core clock is way more stable. The clock used to stutter between 1988 and 2088/2100 but now it never leaves 2100 under load.

I still can't pass +300 on ram though. +300 causes instability, +310 will turn my screen pink and crash the system. I gotta leave it at 280 for it to stay stable, which sucks since I've seen a lot of people reaching 500-600, but oh well. I have a feeling that once bios modding is available this card might go above 2200mhz on core though.

2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    got my 1070, will try to mess with it soon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    My Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 finally arrived. I was getting insanely high temperatures, over 81*C and I had to rethink and rebuild the entire airflow configuration and now temps are fine, stabilized 72*C. I did some overclocking too.
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/ZObtT

4. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    The palit cards are beasts. I have the palit game rock premium.

Clocks to 2050 out the box, and temps dont go over 60C, fans very quiet, very good. Biggest ever heatsink I seen on a card.

Note this is with my fan profile which I kept in place from my 970, on the bios fan profile it does go above 60.

[​IMG]

I added a +400 clock on the memory and +25 to the stock clock. Overclocking the memory on this card seems to help FPS noticeably.

Note there is some throttling because of power cap, it goes down to 2038. After I set to 110% in afterburner. Went down to 201x range with 100% power limit.

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Anyone with the MSI Gaming X know how to turn off the LED's without using the Gaming [cr]APP?

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Just installed 2 x Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070's and the framerate and gameplay in games like BF4 are aweful.. really choppy and framerates fluctuating by 30 - 40 fps... its horrible.

Just upgraded from 2 x GTX 980's...clean driver install..

I also have a PG279Q Gsync and its choppy as hell.

HELP!!!

7. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :lurk:Got My Gaming X last week on fri, I would have to say I'm disappointed with The Division benchmark with everything max have only a avg of 62fps kinda thought this thing would run it in the 70s at least. Overall It plays everything max and 4kdsr over 60fps which is nice but wondering what holds the future for my setup running games at that level in a year:3eyes:.

I haven't really been home lately to OC it really, got to try out the gaming app and even though it's cool to change the lights and such the app really sucks and the fact that it has to be on in the background to the keep the light config is wonky.

I have to do some more testing but I'm glad it was plug and play ready then driver install. The Max clocks out of the box was 1947MHZ core was hoping for it to be 2050MHZ :bang: but I guess I should dl the OC bios and install those and see If it makes it better.

8. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Didnt help at all. Ugh!!!

9. bugsixx

bugsixx Guest

GPU:
    x
    dpc latency :D

10. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Yep..sure looks like it. My 2 x GTX 980's did not have this problem.

What pisses me off is that not one review that I have read talks about this issue.. surely someone somewhere must have encountered this issue during testing??

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm still not buying the "Very Quiet" part of all these Custom Coolers.

When i get my 1070 there will be an Arctic Accelero Xtreme 4 on it at 30% Fixed Fan Speed. That's all i trust in the past 10+ Years.

12. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    My MSI Sea Hawk X is pretty silent. 120mm fan will always be quieter than those smaller ones. :)

Temps are about 45-60c depending on the game/amount of stress. Boost is constantly 2000+. I do however have a weird problem with AB only letting me raise the power limit to 105%.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    But size doesn't always matter, it's also the shape of the Fan Blades that make a difference.

14. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    The MSI Twin frozer is actually really silent and cool but you can definitely hear it on 100% fan lol like a blower it is. But around 70 percent is when you hear slight sound then 80 is definite sound. Never with the auto fan goes over 60c even under load.

Still the 1070 is a 1080p card imo 1440p is for the 1080. I still need to tweak some more and get the firestrike 3d mark tests going though.

15. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    try changing from optimal power to adaptive or full power. Optimal is a new setting which seems more agressive than adaptive.

16. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Well size isn't the only factor, but larger is an advantage in this case. Lower RPM but still ample air flow. Not to mention that there are a number of quality 120mm fans.

After dealing with open air coolers, I am going to use only AIO/water or blower only. Hot air venting inside the case requires more fans (or higher rpm) to properly cool down the rest of the items.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ye, worst Feature to be added recently. It's also enabled by default :S

18. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    You really want to SLI on an i5? and with Battlefield 4? not gonna happen efficiently. 3770K was choppy with 2 980s when I had it.
    The ONLY way is a powerful i7(4.4ghz+) and even then not better than a 6+ core CPU with good amount of PCI-E lanes.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I honestly feel that your cpu is kinda holding you back here despite your oc.

20. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    I had no problem with 2 x GTX 980's in SLI..so why would I have problems with cards that draw less power and are "gruntier"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.