CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    been waiting on this since they released the first trailer :)

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I wouldn't exactly agree with that.
    I love RPGs. But, there's just something about The Witcher games just didn't grab me.

I've tried 1 and 2 multiple times, and I just don't ever feel compelled to keep playing.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    It took me two goes at witcher 1 first i did not get far, the combat is what puts you off at first. but the 2nd try and finally getting a grasp on how to fight, and loved the game once i got onto it. Great story some amazing characters, and maybe the first game where the npcs of the city felt like they were really living there.

I mean they went to work in the am went home in the pm, took shelter under roofs or inside when it rained. It was really impressive and never saw another game pull that off until gta4.

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    No reason to think that kind of detail won't be taken to the next level in Cyberpunk.

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Fair enough, i despise JRPGs for example, they are an insult to human intelligence :infinity:

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    So is Trump, but plenty of people seem to love him. I'd much rather people be into JRPGs than that pighead.

7. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Looks cool.:banana:

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i tried really hard to like the witcher 3, but found myself unwanting to continue it, some things just didn t feel compelling to continue playing.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I also dislike JRPGs, hated FF7 most of the time i played I played it, but back then you had such limited choice that you have everything a chance.

I'm a SciFi guy so KOTOR/ME are my choices, so looking forward to what CDPR can do with this.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Did you like either Dragon Age?

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    There's no way this is coming out in 2017.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    The first one i put 200+ hours into it. Trying to get the "best" end to me.

13. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, same here... Especially the one DLC they had for it... where you can go with Morigan into the mirror.... 2 I liked... Inquisition I've yet to try because it's apparently still only set up for controllers.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Haven't really played them, same thing with The Elder Scrolls games.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Don't waste your time or money.. its one of the few games I really regret buying in the past few years. Its pretty, but lacks in game mechanics and feels like an empty sandbox.. too empty for an open world RPG imo.

Witcher 3 is better in almost every way, though I know you can't compare them directly. If you did have to spend the $ on one I mean..

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    DAI was poop, bad mmo style questing design, bad void of life zones, uninspired combat and the ending actually hidden behind their "premium" DLC.
    I think if you really like RPG's you should play it, but do your self a favor and just rush the main story, there really is not much that is interesting or fun in the rest 90% of game that is in this game.

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, unfortunately, I had pre-ordered it about 6 months before release on Origin, and spent the 2 months prior replaying DA:Origins and DA2 in preparation.... man, I was not a happy camper on the DA:I message boards for the month or so following that.

And they are lucky CDPR decided to push back Witcher to '15, because it would have sand-blasted Inquisition in the awards categories.

18. CDPR conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6C5ckxtavs

During QA, they in fact confirmed that there will be no Cyberpunk in 2017. And according to the extreme secrecy and vague answers, it might not release even in 2018.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Probably because gpus are still not strong enough for those cgi gfx, even nv volta might not be, ok 1080p for sure but more really doubt it..

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't think it was THAT bad. Some of the regions were beautifully crafted (Storm Coast and all the wooded areas) and very atmospheric but I hated all the desert ones since they were huge and had almost no content. What I liked about roaming the world was finding a dungeon or cave and reap some nice rewards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.