"Stub has received bad data" error and other issues with v368.xx drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Darren Hodgson, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Ok another "shot in the dark" couldn't hurt...anyone having the "Stub has received bad data" error use OneDrive? If so, turn it off or if you need it make sure it's updated and synced...don't shoot me if it doesn't work lol!..just making a suggestion.

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are testing a fix for this issue. Unfortunately I believe it is too late for now next driver but the following driver will be very soon after that and that will for sure include a fix for this. Thank you all for your patience.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the heads up.

I can live with it now I know what setting to NOT change and it's not like many current games use MSAA anyway (which is what MFAA only works with).

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Thank you for the update. Let's hope it'll solve all the issues we're having.

5. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Thanks for the update, any information if Nvidia is going to continue to release game ready drivers as games come out or if there is chance they will go back to their old model?

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yes indeed or else it wouldn't be called GameReady :bigsmile:

7. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Game Ready is good and all but they have been slipping recently with the bug tracking.
    Something like a compilation driver every 5 to 10 drivers updates would be good for people that don't want to update all the time but still want to keep up and more importantly remain 100% bug free, now you might be wondering whats the difference between what Nvidia is currently doing and what I suggest, well for starters Game Ready Drivers can introduce bugs while releasing a cumulative patch would get more testing as iron out all the bugs.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  8. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i get this error when i startup certain programs an i dont have mfaa enabled ever

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Could it be triggered by an MFAA=On setting in one of the per-game profiles that you are playing perhaps?

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Same here with all the non-Quadro 368.xx drivers. Try to install the Quadro version 368.39 with modified .inf and see if that helps. It did for me for some reason.

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I never had this kind of issue with Asus Strix 970 or Inno3D 1080 x3 now.

I always delete all the uncenssary folders when I extract the Nvidia installtion file like GFE, HDAudio, LED something, Update,3D Usb controller and some more others, because it still install them even you didn't check them... funny, and something you can't even select and it still installs them. I only keep Driver, Physx, 3Dvision and I don't use the Clean option in the Nvidia installation , it screwed my installation one time when I used it. I just use DDU and it cleans everything anyways.

Windows 10 x64 Clean install
    I always take crap things from autorun and disable many things in the Task Scheduler

12. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070

nopers i jus checked to be sure,it happens on some apps not just games this is wild

13. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    hmmmm interesting,will have to try that today

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So has anyone tried the new 368.69?

15. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    yes, and the problem still exist so that i revert back to 365.19

16. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Manuel confirmed the bug has been fixed but didn't made it in time for this driver.
    It was a post on the geforce forums.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I didn't expect it to be fixed in the v368.69 driver after what he posted a week or so back either here or on the GeForce.com forum (I forget which).

However, what did surprise me was that there was absolutely NO mention of the issue whatsoever in the v368.69 release notes. I would have expected it to have been listed under Issues Not Fixed in the driver; after all, it is a fairly serious issue and one that people may experience and not even realise that they are caused by the 368 release graphics drivers! Some people have even wasted time reinstalling Windows in an effort to fix the issue! I don't buy for one second that NVIDIA did not have time to include the issue in a set of PDF notes. :3eyes:

18. toronto699

toronto699 Guest

GPU:
    asus GTX660
    "Stub has received bad data" Nvidia has a fix already but could not put it in the last driver{368.69}
    Nvidia say it will be fixed in the next driver release , next week

19. Miguel12345

Miguel12345 Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI
  20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it isn't causing any issues so far for me with the v368.81 driver and Windows 10 Pro v1607 Build 14388. I am very, very disappointed though that NVIDIA made no mention of this issue at all in their release notes. They really need to confirm that issues such as these have been fixed in the notes, not just leave it for people to find out for themselves (how can we be sure it really *IS* fixed if NVIDIA themselves fail to make any mention of it?).