NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB 3DMark Performance Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Seems Nvidia doesn't want that to happen anymore.

It looks like Nvidia wants to keep SLI at the high-end/enthusiast level from now on as if frees up the driver team to focus on single card performance ans stability without the wrinkle of entry level SLI problems.

The higher end users are more likely to understand how to use Nvidia inspector to play around with SLI bits and get it working properly without an official SLI profile from Nvidia.

2. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That would make sense with the marketing style of nvidia except that it would really give the advantage to amd. I'm hoping that they're just bypassing the need for sli cables on lower end cards.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Wasnt 6600gt without sli too?

I had it back then, but dont remember anymore.. was my last mid-range chip.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    750Ti was no SlI either IIRC.

Removing SLI support may push this card into the $215-3GB and $255-6GB price brackets.

Again this is all speculation and these leaks should be taken with a grain of salt. This card could be a colossal f*ck up just as easy as a huge win.

By what conceding mid-range multi-GPU? Nvidia see the writing on the wall with multi-GPU and DX12. You put anything on the game developer plate and you are guaranteed to be disappointed.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016

5. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    It will have very little impact on the RX 480....you have AMD supporters and Nvidia supporters and some will never switch sides. Also if the GTX 1060 does not have SLI, than that alone will make the RX 480 a better choice for some.

6. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    To be honest, the amount of people using dual cards is really low, especially at this price range. I wouldn't be surprised is the majority of SLI/CF users were biased towards high-end only.

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Meh. More ROPs/pixel throughput, higher clocks, but 1000+ shaders less, less raw memory bandwidth, less memory, worse relative DX12 performance. Meh. Sounds like the 960 with the 380x.

No thanks. I hope it lowers the AIB 480 prices though.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I don't think anyone here is delusional enough to think the 1060 will have longer legs than the 480.

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I don't think they are dropping SLi support for budget cards, i just don't think low bandwidth cards need a bridge.

I believe like AMD is doing that Nvidia can just use the driver for SLI, the HB bridge is there because high end cards need help communicating through both driver and bridge.

Low bandwidth cards probably can get away with needing that bridge.

That's my gut feeling on these 1060s.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Who cares about AMD nowadays anyway. 1060 will trample 480. Also AMD has 0 support in Linux. I don't bother with so last decade companies as ATI radeon. Gamers and everyday users are not PowerUsers like me. I need more support, more professionalism and Nvidia does it so much better than RTG. Period. I will not forget the bad support with GNU based systems and my broken setups because of AMD drivers. I will not tolerate any weakness and Nvidia is strong.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

:3eyes:...........

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i dont care about sli if removing it reduce prices of cards i all for it, seeing nvidia been slowly droving prices up each gen

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well that is you. A lot of people like the open source driver from AMD on linux and their support for linux is way better then it used to be. Of course they have way more limited resources then nvidia.

And a lot of people care about AMD since a lot of time they offer to them compared to nvidia. 1060 will not trample anything, it will be faster and cost bit more .

14. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    I have been reading this site for years. I look at it every day and while I rarely post I read many of the discussions. I am sick to death of the whole my team is the best so f u attitude. I very much enjoy posts such as this that are objective and provide far more usefulness than trying to show off your epeen. Thank you OP.

15. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    YES YES!! Crush the pitiful weaklings!

16. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    While Nvidia reference GPU's are just fine AMD's tend to suck. So until both sides come out with AIB's nobody knows witch will be better and considering the 1060 isn't even out yet those benchmarks aren't fact but most likely true and we don't know the true price. I'm going back to Nvidia no matter what since I can stream my PC games to any TV in my house with my Shield, but if AMD's AIB partners are telling the truth that a 480 can be OC'ed 1480-1600mhz it's not like the 480 still wont sell very well.

17. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    More people care about AMD than they do about linux.

18. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    As soon as you post it :bonk:.

19. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    The 960 is pretty much toast, but on reddit theyre scoopin up those and the 950'd still.

20. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    LOL..... nvidia support for linux sucks too....

Nvidia drivers will break most of my linux distros.... idk about performance against amd ones but there's been a serious screen tearing bug on nvidia drivers for years and they refuse to fix it, that's a show stopper...
    They are probably waiting for wayland....