GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    well as long as it doesn't cause sound crackle or (usb) mouse lag its irrelevant imo.

Just checked mine at I noticed one spike 700ms with nv driver part..

2nd was from MS nic driver, intel LAN.

the 3rd wdf01000 with up to 1500..

will investigate some more, but yeah I never had audio issues at desktop and at balanced power plan.

all I did was opened new firefox pages and opened CCleaner, devicemanager and then I noticed it.. But it didnt affect my sound experience.

2. JahRo225

JahRo225 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing, except I DO get audio crackling. It's the only thing that got me into looking at my DPC latency. I have 0 stuttering, just crackles when the dpc spikes occur. And good god it's annoying. Please post if you discover anything.

3. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Will do later. My ethernet driver is the latest one(3/11/2016). I don't use WiFi. I use low latency driver for Asus Xonar D2X, USB corsair v1500 is on the latest one. Mouse is on the latest driver, just updated last night. I will also install the latest nv driver.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  4. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    So I just switched from AMD 7970 trifire to GTX 1080 and I have this problem with my DPC latency. Idle with just a web browser (Vivaldi) open puts me at 4k DPC, nvlddmkm.sys with highest execution time at 4.5 ms, followed by tcpip.sys at 0.27 ms. It's only the Nvidia driver with any issue. I installed Windows 10 fresh, brand new ISO from the media creation tool, latest drivers for everything (from station-drivers), cumulative windows 10 update installed, no registry tweaks or anything like that. There is no problem with audio but this is incredibly strange. I switched the driver to Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI) but it didn't help at all. Anyone got any solutions before I reinstall Windows?

edit: Reinstalled Windows. Did not do anything except install latencymon from USB. No DPC problem. Installed the driver from USB. DPC now spiking to 1k-4k. Don't know what to do to be honest. I ran SFCFix to check if there was a problem with the Windows install, maybe the ISO was corrupt in some way, but there was 0 issues.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    You can wait for a better driver. The 368.xx branch is buggy as heck. Alas, earlier drivers don't support the new cards either.

6. alexoscar

alexoscar New Member

Exactly. +1 :book:

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you don't have any problems because of the latency then what is the problem?

8. DPC spikes on newer OS's can be caused by a number of older drivers or middleware. If you have an older DVD drive, I'd start by disabling it or completely unplugging it and testing again.

9. JahRo225

JahRo225 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Here's my latency with my old 750 Ti FTW on 368.38, while playing.

http://imgur.com/em74k0J

Something I noticed is that the 750 Ti and 1070's latest drivers are both 368.39... My 750 Ti is stable with 0 latency problems on 368.39, but my 1070 has ridiculous spikes and audio crackles on the same version. Does that mean I have a faulty card?

10. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I dont use onboard audio so I can't really tell, but I know from the past back in C2Q days with x48 mobo and realtek hd audio I got that audio crackle too with certain drivers.

Anyway, I updated a bunch of intel drivers and that seemed to lowered it a lot. I didn't see any 1500us anymore, nv driver part was lower too.. Im still @ nv 368.51HF driver.

new
    intel_mei_11.5.0.1011
    intel_chipset_10.1.1.5002
    intel_vga_4474_64

still looking for new intel lan driver, found one, will see if I dont have this already.

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I do have the tearing with latest hotfix too 368.51
    Especially when I run in maximized window.
    Glad i'm not alone.

14. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    But powermizer is a laptop thing, you can't even have it installed if you're using a desktop.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I use Steam with a fullscreen Grid View window and see bad screen tearing when scrolling up and down through my games library and when using the Steam Store as well. I do not have this issue with Chrome.

So why is there bad tearing in Steam if it uses the same components as the Chrome browser? Is it ever going to be fixed (true, it does not affect my ability to play games in any way but it an eyesore to navigate my games library as the tearing is that bad)?

*EDIT*
    Ah I see why ManuelG of NVIDIA said this issue was "partially" fixed... it turns out that if I reduce the size of the Steam window so it is not fullscreen then there is no tearing (or it is just less noticeable?) when scrolling up and down my games library.

So this issue is a graphics driver bug and not an issue with Steam itself?

*EDIT 2*
    Looks like I was incorrect. Reducing the size of the window on a 2560x1440 desktop makes the screen tearing less noticeable but as I increase the size while still not being fullscreen then I notice more and more screen tearing. Clearly the smaller window just means less to draw and therefore less obvious screen tearing. The issue is actually there whether I use Steam fullscreen or not unfortunately. :(

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

16. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I have this issue with the .51 drivers but it's completely fine with the .39 drivers, regular and quadro.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    What was the last driver that was playing f12015 well?, I have not played in months since win7 but now in win10 is crashing every 5-10 minutes (d3d device removed reduce texture graphic settings), seems to happen to people with 980ti too.

18. hditano

hditano Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super OC
    For some odd reason, i came here after been experiencing cracking sounds after changing between tasks (game to chrome, etc) plus installing a new system (i7 6700k/gaming 7/16gb DDR4)
    Decided to download DPCLAT plus Latencymon and then came right here and found out some ppl is getting the exact same problem as me.
    Let's try if downgrading to 368.22 helps.

19. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Is this good or bad?
    [​IMG]

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The guy which were having sound problems solved it by disabling his main RAM overclock. Nothing to do with DPC latency, again.