Nvidias latest 2 drivers are bad

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by horizon011, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Also many people lies because the hate.
    Bullcrap **** talk like Horizon make it more worse.

2. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    No issues here :thumbup:, Their PC are parasite disease :3eyes:, Maybe they need nuke PC. :banana:

3. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Not "now"... It's outdated since Windows 8 came out, a few years ago. :)

4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Works fine for me.

5. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Running sweet here just like the last 20 builds.

6. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    I never had any problem with any display driver of any brand, not nvidia nor amd.

currently using 368.51 flawless.

7. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I could create a thread which has as its title "Nvidias latest 2 drivers are great" and the response would be identical. In fact you could probably take any driver in the past year and do this.

There was what, one actual broken driver in the past year?

8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Sounds about right. I think the game-ready Witcher 3 driver was crap with constant crashes/recoveries.

The drivers are a big part of the reason I'm willing to pay a little bit more for an nvidia card. I upgrade/maintain 5 gaming rigs and 2 gaming-capable rigs in our house. I'm slowly deleting the AMD cards (2 left). I'm familiar with both companies drivers and what to expect. AMD still releases drivers far too slowly for my liking.

9. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    During the discussion of the new drivers people were speculating that it may have to do with pirated win 10, no true facts so far to that, so I just put in what my set up was for clarification.

10. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    So what are you saying people are making it up the drivers are unstable for them because yours work ok? Silly.

11. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    SO you are saying that all the people reporting problems with the driver are making it up , based on your 1 opinion yours work ok?

12. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    You right man, im running GTX 970 with latest hotfix 368.51 and they slutters alot in Dying Light!

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If the driver works fine for the majority of users then chances are that the issues aren't caused by the driver at all.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    MAJORITY of people dont even bother to post driver feedback unless there is an ISSUE, which why we see more complains about issue then anything, reports are skewed...

For same reason alot people here and other enthusiast forums dont want to admit issue could be HW or even entertain the idea it hw or there OC's, Not every driver agrees with OC's let alone games. some drivers wont even OC the same as others. to many things can and will effect things, and many will just blame drivers cause it easy to blame others and when card dies they blame the driver that was being used. cause again it easy to blame the driver then admit hw can fail. HW is not made like it use to be, the more complicated and more trasisters something has more things can go wrong and fail faster.

that early adopt will ALWAYS have growing pains with drivers.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    What tsunami231 said. :thumbup:

16. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    That just means the OC wasn't stable to begin with.

17. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    No, I was just making a point that driver feedback is basically useless since there's so much variability in peoples setups both hardware and more importantly software. It makes it difficult to isolate the driver as the primary cause of certain issues.

Edit: I meant to edit my post above with this but apparently I just submitted a new reply.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    its not useless, if one driver has game gfx glitches while other doesn't.. Or new appear out of nowhere..

e.g. MFAA glitch or shadows issues or lighting issues, etc..

I agree on OC though, its the first thing I test before reporting issues. Some just ignore it and blame the driver for instability like Tsunami231 said.

Some drivers do stress gpu/system differently and it will show any hw system instability quick.. Its mostly ram issues or cpuv issues.

19. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    yeah call other people silly cause you cant read.

did your mom drop you on your head when you were younger?

20. Repins

Repins Guest

GPU:
    GV-N970G1 +100/150
    I have also been affected by lockups with drivers 368.22 and 368.39. To make sure this was not an instability issue caused by OC on CPU, MEM or GPU, I reverted all clocks back to stock. Playing The Division anywhere from 3-15min I get lock ups. Playing Starcraft 2 for 10-35min I get lock ups. DDU clean install of 365.19 is the only way to eliminate this issue. Without doing a clean install with DDU I was still getting lockups. Since reverting back to 365.19 I have experienced zero lockups. I thought I was alone as well. Very odd issue indeed due to the fact that it does seem as though many people with 900 series are unaffected. Win 8.1 Pro 64bit with most recent updates.