Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    New thread because the other one got too big.

Previous threads:

Part 1

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Finally a way to get decent gear solo = underground missions. Already found some 214 set items :eek: Unfortunately with bad rolls but maybe something better will drop later.

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Nice, congrats! I'll have to try the underground :)

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The game seems to be a mixed bag for many, I love a grind fest as long as there's reward. Are you guys enjoying it?

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The Underground is definitely making it easier to get decent gear without having to endure the atrocious 'Dick' Zone so I would say this DLC is a step in the right direction.

I played for quite a while today and didn't find myself wanting to turn it off (always a good sign ;) )

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Shame it's impossible to complete sets of armour without going into the DZ though as far as I know?

7. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Liked it at first but got incredibly stale. I enjoyed the campaign and took some time to complete it since it was spoiled that there was no end game.

The reward is more grinding.

8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Sounds like Destiny which I now abhor! Low on story, but fun gameplay with friends until you finished the story... then it's ****ing grinding for loot which you only use 10 to 20% of anyways. After playing Destiny last year and seeing what The Division was going for with the trailers and then the reviews, I decided "Hell NO!"

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    You can get sets from The Underground, I already got the BLIND set and (almost) all of the Firecrest set.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  10. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    But I havent seen any of the "old" gearsets drop in the Underground area yet ?

Maybe its seperated in a way, so the old gearsets, still only occurs in the "old" part of the game ?

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Wow, i just love the sound of the new G36 models. Also now with my 1080 i can play with all details on 1440p - LOVE IT! :D

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I think I got 1 piece of an older set but I deconned it and cant remember the name.

@ Doc Strangelove:

Agreed, some of the original gun sounds are weak but the G36 is very throaty, love it :)

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    They're currently "weighted" to certain activities:

• Dark Zone: Final Measure / Nomad / Everything else
    • Falcon Lost Incursion: Sentry / Striker / Tacticians / ..
    • Clear Sky Incursion: Predator / Hunter's

etc

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    game still downloading, all hail my 13mbps peak connection :(

15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Better than my 3Mbps connection. Took me 3 days to download DOOM!

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ouch. At this rate I'll watch football and hopefully it'll have downloaded by then.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Just did every daily HVT solo which I was very happy about, bit disappointed there's no extra bonus for clearing the board but got plenty of good gear/weapons, have the full set of lonestar and a hotch potch of other new ones, unfortunately nothing I really wanted, will have to read up on what sets there are and where to get the parts from, at least now us solo players can get decent gear without having to set foot in the lamefest that is the dark zone.

18. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Is something totally wrong after the update ???

I am dying in the DZ way to easy - suddenly my health goes rock bottom and many times I don't have time to use a medkit or healing...

I know subs have been nerfed, but have they done something else too ?

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well in 1.2 they changed the DZ to level 34's in the 201 bracket. In 1.3 now, there's also a 231+ GS Bracket with level 35 enemies :x

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While the update is good, there is still a lot of stupidity where levels and damage are concerned.

Contrary to what the devs think, Shotguns (the ones wielded by Mobs) are not the most powerful weapon on planet earth and the 'one shotting' that comes along with them is unbelievably annoying.

And FFS, why are we fighting level 35s? Can we level up to 35 as well please as opposed to emptying 100s and 100s of rounds into mobs?

Does it make any sense that the government's most highly trained agents are far less proficient than what ultimately amounts to organized groups of street thugs?

I understand bosses being tough, that's cool, but why do I have to empty multiple magazines into the minions?

The suspension of disbelief is very difficult in this game. The mobs have these ridiculously powerful weapons and armor but when I kill them, I can't pick up said gear and I can't use any of the multiple currencies the game offers to buy these mythical accoutrements.

Despite the fact that they are different games, this is something that Destiny does way better than The Division. While the fights can be hard in Destiny, I rarely feel 'cheated' the way I do in The Division.

The patch has definitely made the game better but it is still seriously discombobulated.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016