Steam Summer Sale 2016

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sverek, Jun 24, 2016.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I find myself buying games in this sale for once. Just added Life Is Strange (complete season) and Darksiders 2 - Deathinitive edition. That's 4 games for me now, the 2 above and Stardew Valley and Metro Redux bundle. Yay!

2. deets75

deets75 Guest

ill get you MGSV then if your paying off medical bills :(

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I played it about a month or so ago. Ran great, no issues, stuttering or hitching.

I appreciate the offer, but don't worry about it. :)
    Recently discovered... I'm diabetic. All sorts of yay. So, blood tests and all sorts of spiffy little bits.

Now, I'm just sitting back and waiting for all the doctor bills to come in.

4. deets75

deets75 Guest

Ive just bought it :D yeah I understand, I lived in the US and we were hit with a medical bill when we lost our baby, so I am genuinely happy to send the game over as the last thing folk need when facing illness is a darn bill. so if I can chip in a game as a gesture from the UK, let me do it :)

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    :)

I greatly appreciate it. And when I can, I'll gladly make it up to you. Just send me a PM and we'll get it setup.
    Truly, thanks again.

6. deets75

deets75 Guest

okay, ill see if I can work out how to send a PM. dont it before, but the brain is frazzled, fun times in the UK

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Still haven't bought anything, didn't see the need tbh... probably will end up just buying Skyrim Dragonborn and that's it, since No Man's Sky will certainly not be on sale. Might grab ir now though to grab those cards, a few extra cents in the account wallet.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Picked up a few games now mostly under £12, including Rebel Galaxy and Galactic Civilizations III, both of which I would highly recommend. The latter is a deep strategy game that seems really addictive but the latter really surprised me with how entertaining it is.

Rebel Galaxy feels a bit like Elite with trading and combat but played on a 2D plane. It's still a 3D game and a great looking one at that but to keep things simple you cannot fly up and down. At first it seems limiting, especially as other ships can fly around at will including up and down but it adds to the almost arcade feel of the gameplay. Personally, I found Elite Dangerous a bit too serious, dull and lifeless but this game definitely feels more "alive" and easier to get into (including auto-docking!).

Perhaps Elite veterans will find it a bit shallow and I expect that it might get repetitive in the long run but for now it is fun and engaging and absolutely worth the £7.50 it cost me. Also, the soundtrack is absolutely awesome and makes me think of Firefly. Check it out.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    No stutter of any kind now, ran smooth out-of-the-box.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Has anybody played "Salt"? looks funky, only £5 as well

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Do you have all the content for Skyrim, if you don't grab it while it is on sale, then wait until October and get Skyrim remaster for free, everybody who has all the DL content for Skyrim will get the remaster for free. :)

Roll on October. ha

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Nah I just have Skyrim + that first expansion, not even sure what's it called anymore with the vampires. Even bought that hearthfire thing, so I'm just missing the Dragonborn story DLC to be able to get the free upgrade to the remastered edition.

And better now pay 3€ for it than sometime later 10€, that's what I was thinking. :)

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, i did a quick check on the price and it seems the price for all the DLC has gone ballistic, no doubt because they announced the free upgrade for everbody with all the DLC, sneaky buggers, and it is now cheaper to buy the retail legendary edition than it is to buy either Dawnguard or Dragonborn from steam. lol

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Bought Gunslinger today, it was cheap as chips so why not. Looks interesting, will play it on the weekend.
    Looks interesting indeed, might pick it up tonight.

BTW, not sure if it's on sale atm but check out War for the Overlord guys, if you liked Dungen Keeper games, this is a modern version of the game, looks and plays great and it has the same voice actor.

Just checked, it's 57% off, £9.88 http://store.steampowered.com/app/230190/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Picked up ROTTR, runs superb in Xfire :eek:, got it at Very High settings, apart from the textures (high), due to only having 4GB vram, and the film grain off, getting between 80-100fps (have it capped to 100fps). :D

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Its a little bit of both, not so much on the stealth aspect though. IE: Using a crossbow or silencer on enemies while behind cover will get a reaction outta other enemies when they see their dead mate, won't spot you right away, look for you etc...

Was thinking on picking up Space Engineer though, still making up my mind :D

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    "Dreamfall Chapters" is 66% off, very nice game...

The previous "Dreamfall The Longest Journey" is also 66% off, also a very good game.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  19. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I got this for pennies in a Humble bundle ages ago but I still haven't played it yet.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600