Some RX 480 4GB stuff leaking out.1080Mhz Clock

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by gerardfraser, Jun 11, 2016.

1. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yes, i wanted to underline that even if it would come from an "amd fanboi" this question isnt toxic at all

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Rebellions aren't made with minimum impact. 480 isn't ground-braking. So much hype from AMD for something almost mediocre. They need better communication skills.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Yea nothing asked about me going from 970 to 480 was toxic at all.

In fact, it was a rather nice and simple question full of curiosity that was asked.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why would you call minimum impact? I would understand you saying that if you had a beast GPU not that crappy 7850.

It would be rather huge upgrade to your 7850 without needing to spend a 500Eur. That is what AMD was going for.

5. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    sure. but the 3.5 talk doesnt originate from AMD users.
    it's nvidia users that rightly felt misinformed and complain about this.
    then of course everyone else who is interested in this discussion joins and adds his opinion.
    but the 0.5 low bandwidth isn't something that can be denied. what was the conclusion of that? maximum of 2-4% performance impact if that memory segment was being used.
    feeling just a little ripped off as a consumer is understandable in this case.
    as it wasnt communicated openly before sales that the memory is a split-bandwidth solution.

if rx480 comes out, i buy it and it turns out the card isnt compatible with windows 7 (just a highly constructed example for explaining purposes, there is of course absolutely no technical validity to that) and this wasnt openly communicated by amd... then i will be mad at amd... and i would be happy if i had 1000 users with me no matter if amd fanbois or nvidia fanbois... everyone who shows their disgust for such behaviour of a company is welcome as a supporter.

the problem is that single forum users are being ridiculed and bullied for their happy expectations of amd hardware. that is the toxicity we are talking about here.

err... those theories of "downgrades" arise in the geforce.com forums and are propagated on reddit to be then found as new threads in the nvidia section of this forum. but certainly not initiated by AMD users.
    how could the pure amd fanbois even judge about such thing if they don't own nvidia cards?

but if a guy with a GTX 4xx or 5xx (if i remember correctly) makes a thread in the geforce forums and provides video comparison proof that a new driver has significantly lower performance than an older driver in dark souls III then it's not really amd toxicity.
    it's rather a disappointed nvidia customer who is asking for help or information on his problem. all he gets is being ridiculed and insulted. (i watched that thread pretty closely)
    then after nvidia "fixed the problem" with the newest patch we can forget about it and be happy and say to him "hey why did you even complain, it's all good now, isnt it?"

you see i dont actually care about this guy because it doesn't affect me at all and i also couldn't help him as my last card from NV was a 8800GTX so i really cant test that issue he came up with.

but if i had a problem with my amd cards and make a thread in the amd section here, you know what the amd users here do? they help me and try to find an answer to the problem. and there are also some very nice and helpful nv users like moab and -tj- who also try to help independently of what brand the user uses.
    on the other hand there are around 2-3 names (one of them has a amd card in his profile fyi) i could tell but won't tell, who have a posting history with almost exclusively 80% anti-amd content and they also are never to be found in any other discussion than when it's about nvidia vs. amd.
    no helping fellow nvidia or amd board users with driver/hardware issues, nothing. except bashing hammers.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @Anarion, that's a good image.
    Fan speed ~60% stable, temperature 78°C stable (Which is weird as load is all over place.)
    112W Power consumption is nice, but it is not at full GPU utilization.

Does anyone use that test? How many fps you ca get there with half decent CPU?
    I wonder if it is CPU bottlenecked or if GPU is actually limited by Power Consumption target.

And Actual Voltage puts that previous Voltage in whole new perspective.

Edit: And btw. it's second/third image of GPUz showing 32ROPs. So my initial guess seems like right.

I am really hyped for RX-470. I want tests and comparisons. I want to see what AMD did and did not.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Guru3d actually had some to do with it. I dont feel shy to be honest that Dorlor, Moab, me and couple of members more (both sides) started talking how 280X is all of the sudden fast as gtx780. First game that started all of this was FC4. More games ware coming and then Boom, Witcher 3 came and gtx960 was faster than 780. There ware massive warnings and bans here on Guru3d. Some users knows this very well. :D

It escalated pretty fast like you said to nvidia forums.

8. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    well i didnt follow that to be honest, because that must have been during my study times some years ago. i had a pretty old account here but thats even a longer time ago and when i made this one i didnt even remember my old username. but yeah i always have the feeling that moderators are mostly aware of who starts what on here... at least it's my hope.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1070_review,23.html

780 beats the 280x and the 960. Seems pretty normal to me.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I offered help with downgrade debunking. Everything was prepared and released to testers willing to find truth.
    You can find all in http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=406924
    And results in last post. I was very disappointed by final count of people testing and returning data being "0".
    (Since I can't return data I gathered to myself, I counted myself out.)

11. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    mhm.
    you can see that temperature during main load time is actually higher some intervals before the last one of 78°C (basically there is the big hole and before that it was 1-2pixel higher than it is after)
    but fan is around 60% all the time basically.
    power draw is also higher than 112W at the higher load stages. (thats just a little here though)

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wtf, why is Ieldra banned? He was quoting me today and now this...

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Again? I did not notice. I thought that maybe he went to sleep.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Was looking at that debunking thread you posted (to remind myself) and noticed hes banned, today. Who knows what happened.

15. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    ok... back to topic. where is the next piece of information haha :infinity:

16. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think I know. That Hilbert's Main Page post.
    He has some terror and rekt comments there.
    And that's basically visible to everyone reading main page. Not very appropriate.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5294564#post5294564
    You are there too btw.

I know a person who returned from holidays and posted photos on FB.

Dromedar, Guy with covered face And Him. With AK-47 in hands. Too bad that photos are scanned exactly for that kind of stuff. And photo had GPS tag stored too.

As result his FB was blocked and he had to identify himself (country ID card) to recover his access.
    I do not think he'll ever get through airport check into USA.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Strange indeed. I didnt get even a warning. But yeah, his first post probably triggered HH. Maybe its just temporary.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  20. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    thx for that! it makes time pass a little quicker. btw, is your name sherlock holmes ;)

else they wouldnt be called "face detection" and "video composition" right :3eyes:

but you never know when the next airport security chief checks out guru3d to buy a capable card for his face recognition workplace.
    i made a penetration test at an airport once... they didnt use radeons at that point :nerd:

btw, i wanted to simulate ocean surfaces... now i see i have to buy a 390x hehe