Some RX 480 4GB stuff leaking out.1080Mhz Clock

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by gerardfraser, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    He isnt hurting or bothering anybody. Its a free forum, he can post whatever he wants. If you dont like it there is always nvidia section for ya.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That efficiency. For mobile it should hit 1GHz @ 0.905V or lower.
    1.1GHz @ 0.994V or lower.
    Those are interesting figures.

But if your claim that RX-480 can hit easily 1400MHz without voltage bump is true, then those mobile voltages should be even lower.
    I am not sure about that, but it is possible since GloFo states that 14nm LPP can operate even at 0.72V.

But what this clock vs voltage makes really interesting are APUs. I love APUs and can't wait for 14nm ones.

3. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    why stop when the propaganda has obviously just started?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8NUtM4sexc

also OnnA's wording scheme is just borrowed from starbucks -> small="tall", medium="grande", large="venti", xlarge="trenta"
    cant blame him for that.
    don't be a sorehead and either look forward to something with us together or stop your every-day-the-same destructive comments.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    More like 0.85-0.88v or little more
    Its Fin-Fet 14nm LPP (all in 14nm)
    There are some less sofisticated 14nm with 14-16nm build.

All depends on MHz ! you give to the chip.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yay! I have top hi-end card too! :D

It would be great if it would really overclock to 1,5 GHz without problems. So far though we haven't seen anyone do it. One guy reported max stable overclock a bit over 1300 MHz (1320 Mhz was it?). Since this is entirely new process it's kinda hard to speculate but their last gen GCN cards didn't overclock like crazy so I assume that 1,4 GHz is possible but not necessarily easy overclock. I'd guess you can expect ~10 % extra performance over stock. I try to keep my expectations realistic.

About AMD's rebellion campaign: I think it's lame and encourages fanbois to hate competitors products. It's not constructive campaign in any way.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Please stick to the Topic :)
    We have now some time to Hype & Dream + some of us see this in action and know whats the Rebelion is all about :thumbup:

7. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yeah the OC max is really what's interesting to know asap.
    for example with aib coolers or even maybe a AIO H2O
    i of course dont believe a 1600mhz air thing.
    but i would believe 1500+ H2O. that makes the card $300 though.

and...:

aside from general question in taste the campaign puts emphasis on the fact that gaming hardware should be affordable.
    i think that is a very good and positive message towards the customers.
    basically it's the opposite stance of "hey we got a new 480 and you can have the early edition right now for 300$ or you buy it later for 200$".

i rather think & hope it encourages any gamer and maybe some companies too, to think about price politics a little.
    we should be thankful for this message. no reason to complain about low prices / encouraging other companies to lower theirs - or am i wrong, and we want high prices???

i remember many people of all kinds in this forum complaining about amd being not aggressive enough with marketing and not pointing out enough how inexpensive you can get value. with this campaign they do exactly that ... they show that hardware can be affordable, yet fast enough to enjoy modern titles. be it with or without the need for a second 200$ card for CFX.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    All this OC talk... If you can't read between the lines I'll read it for ya:
    Mediocre OC at best, MEM won't be able to follow GPU. Possibly even tragic, "OC dream"

OC will NOT be this cards forte.

Why do I say this? Too much rumors.
    Like when guilty starts denying without even being asked if he had done it. Then can't keep his story straight.
    If there was anything spectacular regarding OC, AMD would have already be chuckling through their twitter.
    And at least one of these leaks would show us something nice regarding clocks.
    I'd like to be wrong.

9. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    well one leak showed the 1607Mhz... the question is what to make of it because it obviously seems pretty extreme for an early result. unless this guy had the time to install H20/LN cooling beforehand. i mean its either H2O/LN or fake. that i agree on. i just mention this again because you say "at least one leak..." well there was that one leak...

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am sorry that I am not in same room as you are. I would have had given you righteous laughter right into your face.

Because toxicity actually comes from green camp all around.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is definetly alot more "toxicity" from the red camp.

The hardcore green camp have a cringe inducing snobbery though, they look down on AMD more than hating, similar to PC master race people.
    Like that it's based more on bias more than knowledge.

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    As someone who uses both sides of the gpu world, I have to say, the red toxicity comes from the green side snobbery, and feeling of devs pissing on Red gpu users.

Its disgusting from both sides.

Ive literally had nvidiots tell me I was poor because I had a Fury X instead of a 980ti or Titan X because I didnt wanna spend that kinda of money on a $600+ gpu plus $700 on the monitor for gsync.

Fury X was $550 and Monitor with freesync was $300.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Do you really see a lot of negativity in this thread saying bad things about nVidia's cards?

I definitely see tons of negativity against RX-480 here. And none of those negative people have anything solid in their hand.

I see very little enthusiasm here. "God Bless", we have Onna here to have at least someone overhypping a bit.
    Otherwise this thread would be pretty bleak place.

14. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    no. sorry but you won't state this without me setting it straight. there is not more toxicity from the "red" camp.

show me the posts of amd users in the nvidia 1080/1070 threads that are toxic. show me. NOW.

the first post from an amd user in the 1070 is on page 2
    edit (was wrong link) and goes like this: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5285044&postcount=370

last words - i quote "enjoy your 1070".

there aren't many pure amd people posting in the nvidia section anyways. but if they post its 90% nontoxic. (yeah sure there is this guy zerocool who makes funny posts ... but they should rather make you giggle, because toxic is not what they are)
    on the other hand look at all the 480 threads now. its basically nvidia users pointing out the most imaginative weak spots of a card that is not even out yet.

and they bash on everyone (regardless of amd user or nvidia user) who is happily expecting this card.

show me where you have the same toxic behaviour in the nvidia section of this forum. just show it to me. do it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  15. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -

question: do you have any amdidiots telling you your 970 sucks?
    (dont misunderstand the questions intent, i know you are a good guy ;-) )

16. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    He had someone ask why would he change his 970 for a 480... but was from the nvidia camp... :infinity:

17. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yeah ;)
    secondly this question wouldnt really qualify as "toxic" :nerd:

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Another leak:
    [​IMG]
    So the cooler will run at ~2200 RPM at full load. Sounds about right for reference blower.

I must be looking at different ads then since I don't see NVIDIA making anything as stupid as what AMD is currently doing. AMD fanboys are constantly saying all kinds of conspiracy theories (Kepler downgrade!), Pascal is just Maxwell and what ever else. I hate this kind of advertising and I would still hate it if NVIDIA would do it.

They should have made it positive rather than negative campaign.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    970 isnt really a good example. No one said it sucks but there is always 3.5 talk. Both sides do it.

20. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Not saying it was toxic, just what i read on this thread about his 970 :)