The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Just came here to say that I LOVE my 1070, that is all

2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Going to order one very soon, waiting for waterblocks to be released for the FE one.

Will be selling both my watercooled 7970s GHz editions :)

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Can't seem to order directly from NVIDIA, can't get to the Dutch page. Keeps going back to the UK page.

Don't they ship to Holland?

Else i'll just order the Palit version of Founders Edition, it's 499 and their suppliers have it in stock so they ship it in 2-3 days.

4. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That's funny since if you are running the ram at that speed you just violated your cpu warranty. I have 3 i7 6700k's at work, not overclocked, and one died, intel informed me they only warranty their cpu to driving ram at 2133 or somewhere along those speeds anything else voids the warranty. Read your cpu info that came with the processor. They replaced it anyway ;-) . But it appears you are overclocked.

Regards

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Lol how on earth would they know you where running over 2133 unless you told them.

6. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Exactly, what I was saying it is an OC that voids your warranty, how would they know you overclocked anything? Graphics card include if it is DOA when they get it.

Regards

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Interesting, I didn't know that as I thought XMP was an official feature.

However;

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

and kinda insurance;

http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/faq

http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/purchase-a-plan

Well worth it tbh, I will be doing this I think.

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    On Newegg even though it is out of stock. They have an MSI armored edition for $450 + $5 bucks shipping.

9. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That is what I thought also why easy OC and XMP, however XMP is supported by the board manufacture not intel, afterburner by MSI not NVidia. All in all we love to OC.

The gtx 1070 has a price increase of close to 30% over what I purchased my 970 premium gold edition for 2 years ago for the base MSI version of this card. I do not think inflation is 15% annually here or the norm salary went up 30% in two years. I will be passing on this upgrade in the immediate future.

Regards

10. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Actually, I don't see it as a traditional OC. A traditional OC is when you push either CPU, Memory or GPU beyond default specs. My memory is rated at 3200mhz. I'm really running the memory at the memory's "proper" speed. If you know what I mean. It is a technicality that it's considered an OC really. I only used the XMP option in the bios in the first place cause it seemed to match my memory's specs. (been out of the game since i5 750).

As for upgrading, you need to do what suits your wallet. Had they named the GTX 1070 to GTX 1080, I would've still paid the £419 for it and ended-up getting it tbh.

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    In other news, ocuk's MSI GTX1070 Gaming X has gone up again today by another £10. It's now £440! Gulp. Weird thing, there were 5 in-stock, then, after a few minutes of watching there were 7 in-stock.

I hope they sorted my order as I've received no confirmation email yet.

edit: My card has shipped! Yay!

ocuk have also dropped the price of my card back down to yesterday's price...£429.95. It's also back on pre-order (though they forgot to change the date), so, they probably sold all their inventory.

That pre-order stock delivery today must have been around 250~ cards. All gone now.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Friend of mine just bought the Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming, first custom one i found that is actually in stock lol.

13. jonnyram39

jonnyram39 Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670 4GB FTW tri
    Just got mine in today the g1 loving it this is coming from someone that had 2x 770's and games at 1440p

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit. Nvidia 368.39, latest 3dmark, no msi oc software. i7 overclocked to 4.4Ghz, memory at 3200mhz. The card is in "gaming mode/default". Not overclocked.

For comparison, it's roughly 1000 points less than HH's i7 5960x @4.4Ghz used in the review for this card. Notice big physics score difference due to processor. Otherwise, the graphics score is spot-on with HH's review (which was also tested at default clocks, not oc mode).

[​IMG]

The 3 modes for this card are;

Boost Clock / Base Clock
    1797 MHz / 1607 MHz (OC Mode) (Not tested)
    1771 MHz / 1582 MHz (Gaming Mode) (Tested here)
    1683 MHz / 1506 MHz (Silent Mode)
    8192 MB GDDR5 / 8108 MHz Memory (OC Mode) (Not tested)

Temps after running firestrike, Cod:BO3 and Doom maxed-out everything, machine on for 6hrs;

Minimum Temps = 26C
    Maximum Temps = 65C

NZXT Phantom 410, fan controller on max. Cpu heatsink fans on max. (still relatively quiet while running).

2x top 140mm NZXT 1000rpm fans.
    2x front 120mm NZXT 1000rpm fans.
    1x rear 120mm NZXT 1000rpm fan.

Unused caddies removed, full cable-management. YMMV.

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    It looks like that I found the card that I have been searching for. The MSI gtx 1070 sea hawk edition. Now I only need to see the benchmarks of that card.

16. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    I'm still waiting for any in stock on new egg G1 is what I'm looking for but I'll take evga or msi too but wow none in stock for awhile. Makes me sad but It's not like I need it now, and was wondering do they come with any game codes? or am I hoping for to much haha.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Will be quiet the leap in performance!

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Have you considered downloading the MSI Gaming App to try the three modes? Afaik only that app can enable/disable them.

Glad to hear you like the card :)

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm running at 1920x1200@60hz here and tbh, for me there's absolutely no need for oc atm. It's seriously OTT as it is.

This card at that res is an absolute beast. Games like CSGO are running 450-700 fps, Doom is like 110-200fps. Cod is over 100fps all the time easily.

I'm loving it, but, I'm going to game with it. Already spent some time with a couple benchmarks and I'm happy I have a mental note of those numbers, but, seriously, I'm gonna game now, that's what it's for. :nerd:

I highly recommend others to do the same. Enjoy it!

20. jonnyram39

jonnyram39 Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670 4GB FTW tri
    This is my firestrike http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12545478

Settings in msi afterburner is as follow
    +100 core clock
    +700 memory clock

The card idles 29 and maxes out at 59-60c playing heavy games like witcher 3 and the division for a few hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.