DooM 4 Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Vulkan is still being worked on.

But, id took control of the MP recently. Taking it away from Certain Affinity and they are now working on it themselves with future updates.

3. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll check into it. :)

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    60 fps for me.

And yea got my key off kingun.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  6. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/do...ns-teases-s/1100-6440936/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Also in our interview, we asked Stratton about the possibility of single-player DLC coming to Doom someday. He teased that Bethesda has "a couple things" in the pipeline that will be announced "shortly," though he declined to share any further specifics.

"Right now we're focused on getting the game that we have into more and more people's hands. I can't go too far beyond what we've talked about there," he explained. "We do have a couple things on the horizon that I think will give players new ways to play with the current Doom game and some stuff that I think will be exciting for people."

I wouldn't get too caught up on the "shortly" part though. This is the same individual who said Vulkan would be released "very soon" after launch.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Finally finished it. Was on the last boss for a few days now, but did not kill it, because I wanted to go back and collect all the suit upgrades for the trophy. Even though I see where they are on the map, still could not find the way to some of them. Oh well, bailed on upgrading all the runes as well.

Can’t believe that I missed all of the classic level secrets. I realized they were a thing just after beating the game, but still amazed how did I not stumble into any of them.

All in all a great game! Frantic combat, brutal music, fun bosses, cool level design, amazing on a technical level, but most of all just pure fun.

Nice to hear that there is a chance of SP DLC, but not too surprised now that I’ve seen the ending.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^^ you need to do it on one save and not literally one playthrough. They've worded it poorly.

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Ahh I see, thank you! So there is still a chance to do it .. when my OCD kicks in lol!

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Croteam (the Serious Sam guys) have worked on The Talos Principle's Vulkan support for months, even with a team like id it's not going to come that quickly. The problem isn't getting it to work, the problem is making it work faster than opengl like it should.

Vulkan is new, there's a learning period to these api's. If they release it now and it didn't perform better than opengl, then, there would be a backlash.

Look here and you can see it's a long process http://steamcommunity.com/app/257510/discussions/0/412447331651720139/?ctp=18

As of today, Vulkan is still not faster than opengl...or dx9 for that matter.

DX9 actually seems to be faster with least dips, certainly better minimums than both Vulkan and DX11 as it's the only api to be able to maintain 60fps 100% of the time. Look at post #266 for example.

11. Extreme Edition

Extreme Edition Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080
    This game was an absolute blast, I've regularly gone back to SP to replay some levels and try ultra-nightmare, haven't quite gotten past the lazarus level in U-N mode though, that tiny room you drop down into with the quad damage is intense.

Sadly the game doesn't run well in surround, the UI and gun model are completely stretched and broken, and it doesn't run all too well on Nightmare/Ultra settings on my 1080 :(.

Fully worth the price of admission, I see a lot of people on the fence here and i'd urge you to pick it up (although i'd stay away from grey market sellers due to the issues I've seen).

As for the CTD issues, I've only got anedotal fixes, which for me have been to try and load up a separate part of the game when the crashes are numerous, such as opening up a rune trial from the menu, playing through it and then retrying the campaign load. Hope that works for you guys!

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I found only two secret levels on my first playthrough, they're usually the most well hidden or hard to reach secret of any level.

Now replaying on Nightmare and completed two levels so far.
    Found all secrets on Mission 2 (including the secret map I missed on my first playthrough) but missed one secret on the first level.
    Ie the secret map. I'm pretty sure I know where the secret room is but couldn't find the lever yet...

13. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Yeah, the secret maps are fairly easy to spot, given the look of the "secret" entrances and the shadows in the minimap (or by the icons if you've buffed your awareness skills), but the levers to open those doors... yow.

14. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    That is interesting. I really had no idea. Thanks for enlightening me.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Aw ****e, I'm second-guessing my Nightmare run, lols!

I like the challenge, but I play this game most of all for fun. Though with more weapons, mods, argent cells and runes later on you get stronger in combat too.
    But so do the enemies...

Three levels in and wondering whether I should stick to it or start over @ UV...

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Demo is out on Steam for those who want to try it out.

Runs slicker than snot, impressed.

17. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Any suggestions what settings to use with a GTX 980Ti ?

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Put them at max, see what frame rate is like. If it's too low lower settings until it's right

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What resolution?
    As with a 980ti you should easily be able to max it out.

I'm running all Ultra settings on my 970.

20. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    Really good oldschool action this. I'm at the last boss, now I need to find a good strategy for defeating her.