Resident Evil 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Fcking awesome..My one of my favorite series coming back ti his roots.love it

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It lost me at first person, a shame as i was quite looking forward to this after hearing they were going back to a proper horror theme.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Doesn't feel like RE.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well, something has to be done. RE6 was so bad it almost ruined the franchise.

Change is good in this case.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Not saying that it's good or bad but it (the Demo) does not feel like RE at all, more like the Silent Hill demo (for the game that was cancelled).

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Looks like they took out a lot that made RE unique, especially with how it plays (Camera design, control scheme). Disappointing.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And RE6 did?

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Regardless. This new one feels completely different. I consider Code Veronica as the 3D transition while keeping 1,2,3 gameplay, then RE4, 5 and 6 as another "thing", but, still RE.

I dunno, 1-6+code veronica have the characters. Then you've got Revelations which is another branch, but, still got the characters.

This new one seems like they want to change the series again into something else. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just different.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It needs to do something different.
    I love RE. It's one of my favorite series of all time.

And, they realized after the first three games that they needed to change things up. 1 and 2 were brilliant, but 3 felt a little "eh" at times.
    And, things got refocused. And we got RE4. A brilliant new entry, new style... tied for my favorite entry in the series.
    But, the following games like RE5 took the wrong lessons from 4. RE5 is a "good" game but it's not a good Resident Evil game.

And, then in RE6 it just turned into a complete mess. It seems they mistook quantity for quality. Having four campaigns doesn't make the game good. Specially when they are broken, unfun and tedious.
    Revelations 2 was the best entry in the series in a long time. And it has it's own problems.

Taking RE7 in a completely new direction is part of the reason I'm so excited for it. The series desperately needed it.
    A new direction, new story and new characters.
    RE5 was supposed to wrap up the story. But, RE6 comes along and retcons everything for some horribly lazy writing as a means to keep it going.

Had RE7 been in the same style as 5 and 6, I would've passed on it. Which would've made me sad, but 6 wasn't Resident Evil.
    I don't care that it had all the characters and Umbrella in it. It's a lazy third person Gears clone with RE characters dropped in it.

RE7 being in first person doesn't mean anything to me. But, it's strong focus on horror, a smaller more contained story. New characters. A new direction.
    It's what the franchise has needed since RE4.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've played every RE game released and while 2 is by far my favorite, I've always wanted a first person game. And not that crappy on-rails shooter released years ago. Hopefully this turns out really well for Capcom. If not, then RE2 remaster will be right around the corner.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, RE:Gun Survivor is pretty damn bad.

2 is my favorite, followed by 4.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Oh yeah, 2 I did everything, had tofu and everything. Played it many many times through. That is hard to beat tbh. I do agree 5 was different, it was kinda the action shooter version of RE. I have played a bit of 6 and from what I play it did feel like RE, but, I haven't played enough to give a rounded opinion of it.

13. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    They've been doing that for a long time now. The fact that this looks nothing like 5 and 6 actually has me interested in RE again.

14. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    As far as i can tell the demo is more of a tech show off and the content in the demo is not in game at all.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    oh for f.sake lol

we get it you hate RE6. In almost every RE thread you mentioned it at least once, not spying lol just saying :grin:

I actually found it good, character gfx is top, story is somewhat hit and miss, but overall quite diverse experience all connected into one plot from each character perspective. Also it has a lot QTE if not a fan it can suck too, I don't remember much in RE5 atm..
    My fav is 1st plot and last with Aida, other 3 are something in the middle..

I didn't play RE4 or older much, but from what I did I wasn't really impressed by its clunky movement and camera switching..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's fine that you like RE6 but its by far the worst game in the main series. But I don't fault Capcom for trying something different. They tried it, it sold poorly compared the others and now they are trying something else.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So... I can't comment on what I feel is the weakest entry in the series in a thread about the series?

A game that is also the reason Capcom are taking the series in a new direction because even they've said RE6 was a mistake?
    Sorry.
    I'm glad you got some fun out of it. But, a lot of people did not.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    for me the graphics and the atmosphere feels fantastic from what ive seen in the gameplay trailer I remember playing the first resident evil and jumping out of my seat when the dog waltz in through thewindow super scary stuff

19. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The art direction isn't very RE.

I need to see more of the actual game to form a better opinion.

Also, supernatural junk isn't RE. They can reboot the series, but they need to keep the basic essence of RE.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There's nothing supernatural in the demo.

This is not a reboot. This is the next entry, it takes place after the events of RE6.