GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Still seeing screen tearing in Steam on my PC with these drivers, exactly as before...

2. Aelders

Aelders Guest

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    980Ti, 1070, 1080, driver A|B testing:

[​IMG]

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    did u update the steam app? any feedback regarding the stub error?

4. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I'm seeing a little tare/flicker every time i alt-tab out of Dota and go back into the app. It only lasts a second but its every time i alt tab with these drivers.

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Oh well, we need an option for it on the installer.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't use Gsync and I have had that problem - the top card will lock itself at some low performance state and then refuses to clock up.

I'd seen this before in previous drivers, then it seemed to go away, and now it is back as of 368.22.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have been trying to download the Messenger app for Facebook from the Windows Store this morning and it refuses to even start downloading, no doubt part of the issue I currently have with these drivers preventing the Windows Store's Check for Updates from working properly. It's ridiculous but it looks like I might have to reinstall the v365.19 driver in order to install Windows app updates then reinstall v368.39 just to be able to play Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. As if the "stub has received bad data" error isn't bad enough...!!! :(

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was using the non-beta version but I've just installed the beta and I am seeing the exact same issue: screen tearing when scrolling down the game list in grid view and the Store. And, yes, Hardware Acceleration etc are checked in the Steam options.

So is this issue supposed to be fixed or not?

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i can't see the tearing but the irritating stub error still exist. waiting new driver release & should be around the corner.

i submitted the autoruns log file to nvidia driver team & no feedback yet.

10. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I don't know if it's those drivers or something is completely off on my system but since yesterday I've started getting freezes that locks my entire system until I restart my machine. Is that a common behavior with those?
    Gigabyte 970

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Did you go back to previous drivers and see if the issue disappears?

12. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not yet. I'll probably do it tonight. Thought I'll ask around, maybe a "happened to me too!" will ease my mind while at work.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, the whole world is getting freezes with those drivers and we're just too lazy to report this.

No, it's not common behavior. No freezes (or stub errors, or WinStore issues) here on either old X79 machine or the new X99 one.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    ManuelG acknowledged over on GeForce.com that they had received my feedback but I suspect they are perhaps a bit embarrassed about this as it is rather an unusual issue and would like nothing more than to sweep it under the rug, so to speak. I suspect that the fix, when it comes, will appear without any announcement.

I just wish they would let us know if they have replicated the issue at their end but I doubt they will even do that. I have to use the v368.xx driver in order to play Mirror's Edge Catalyst otherwise I would have reinstalled the more stable 365.19 driver. The issues are becoming increasingly annoying, not so much the stub error, as the programs always run on a second attempt, but the Task Manager and Windows Store updates are intrusive, preventing programs and apps from updating properly plus they cause issues when shutting down (I often see my PC return to the desktop with an Task Scheduler error after shutting down.... really aggravating to be honest).

Gaming is ironically unaffected but I suspect that is the reason that no-one at NVIDIA's end picked up on this issue... :3eyes:

15. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I admire you patience. If I had such issues, i'd sell it all and buy a console, heh. I cannot tolerate when everything isn't perfect.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I googled just in case it popped up on me in the future....it mentions something about corrupt files deep inside windows that are failing to be repaired due to a source file missing (in one person's case anyway)...I take it you guys already ran "sfc /scannow" in cmd, tried to repair windows or clean installed windows entirely? (sorry if asked already)

Link I'm referring to : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591683/the-stub-received-bad-data/

One person said re-installing windows fixed it for them.

Maybe a legacy device or something...grasping at straws as I know you guys are more than thorough with your rigs.

Another person says a windows update may have fixed it for them as the error just disappeared after a few months..on win 8.1 however.

Link : http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/41003-stub-received-bad-data-w8-1-a-3.html

Worth a shot maybe.

Latest Win 10 updates : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

I know for sure that one of those updates fixed the minor problem I was having of not being able to access WindowsAppStore folder using a local account..so maybe something's in there.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Just wanted to point out a specific major issue I have with this driver.
    It breaks using Kboost while using Inspector to force P states. Switching back and forth P states manually causes the screen to go a random solid color (seems usually tan). No such issue in .22.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No offense, and forgive if I sound abrupt but it's only because I've written this so many times now... on my system sfc /scannow and dism.exe /scanhealth return NO errors. Same for others who are experiencing the same issue as well. In fact, some people have done a clean install of Windows only to find the error comes back as soon as a 368.xx driver is installed.

The issue might look like a Windows issue but it is 100% caused by the 368.xx driver for sure, at least, on my system. I can fix all the issues simply by reinstalling the previous 365.19 driver over the top of the 368 driver and rebooting. I have done this twice now and did not experience any issues for up to a week. As soon as I install 368.xx then the issues appear straight away.

I am forced to use the 368.xx driver though to play Mirror's Edge Catalyst otherwise I would be using 365.19 right now without issue.

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    out of curiosity, what's the reason you are forcing p states?

edit:

also new win10 updates are out, let us know guys if it fixes the stub issue some of you are having.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    10586.420 still got the stub error. rolled back 365.19 no issue. confirm is r368 branch issue. damn~ waste my time testing for NV.

FYI, "The stub received bad data" is easily triggered by open services or task manager but it occurred random situation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016